Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Resto really this easy?

    Here's the armoury of my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nymsee/simple (Nymzee is my main)

    All I'm doing (to heal pretty much any encounter) is this:

    HST on CD
    RT on CD, roll on tanks + myself (if no 3rd tank)
    Mana Tide after first HST then on CD throughout.
    HTT when needed, but prefer to time it so it doesn't collide with HST/MTT
    Call of the Elementals after using HST during a high AoE phase (midway through Tsulong night etc)
    UE + HR together always, generally means I'm using HR every 13-14 seconds.

    Outside of the above I either (depending on the situation):

    CH or HW

    As you can see, I'm sitting at 52% mastery, 11% crit and I have the first haste breakpoint. My spellpower is really low (mostly because my gear is gash). I aim to get the second haste breakpoint when I have more gear.

    Basically though, it seems incredibly easy to pull stupidly high numbers. Maybe the PUG healers I'm playing with are just bad, but I seem to be outhealing everyone on almost any encounter.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Here's the armoury of my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nymsee/simple (Nymzee is my main)

    All I'm doing (to heal pretty much any encounter) is this:

    HST on CD
    RT on CD, roll on tanks + myself (if no 3rd tank)
    Mana Tide after first HST then on CD throughout.
    HTT when needed, but prefer to time it so it doesn't collide with HST/MTT
    Call of the Elementals after using HST during a high AoE phase (midway through Tsulong night etc)
    UE + HR together always, generally means I'm using HR every 13-14 seconds.

    Outside of the above I either (depending on the situation):

    CH or HW

    As you can see, I'm sitting at 52% mastery, 11% crit and I have the first haste breakpoint. My spellpower is really low (mostly because my gear is gash). I aim to get the second haste breakpoint when I have more gear.

    Basically though, it seems incredibly easy to pull stupidly high numbers. Maybe the PUG healers I'm playing with are just bad, but I seem to be outhealing everyone on almost any encounter.
    Don't confuse HPS with your performance. You may very well be a very talented Resto Shaman, but topping meters isn't the way to prove it.

    Also you should be using Unleashed Fury for Tsulong and your boots are unenchanted. Just saying.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Don't confuse HPS with your performance. You may very well be a very talented Resto Shaman, but topping meters isn't the way to prove it.

    Also you should be using Unleashed Fury for Tsulong.
    We'll be letting monks deal with Tsulong, or Paladins. Shaman are weak. Will be raid healing there.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Shaman are weak.
    Are you not now contradicting yourself?

    Also for single target healing Shaman, especially the first Day phase when Tsulong's health is at it's lowest, are very effective. Not to mention there is no real raid damage during the day phase if your adds are tanked properly and dispels are done quickly.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    We'll be letting monks deal with Tsulong, or Paladins. Shaman are weak. Will be raid healing there.
    Shamans are not weak. I do Tsulong day phase everytime and I top the healing meters above Paladins and Monks, so what you saying about that? We got Earth Shield on Tsulong, Riptide/UE five seconds before he starts casting Sunbreath, then wait till cast is in half and spam Healing Surge till your buff goes off. That is insane Healing there, and Ancestral Awakening goes off healing for massive. Inbetween each breath, you can place Healing Rain down on the middle center and heal people off at the sides. Nothing can beat our Mastery at that point tbf.

    Like I said I don't give much for rankings, and most of them are elitist that do like 100k more then other healers, but it's still a proof saying how strong Resto Shamans are on Tsulong. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ulong/25N/hps/
    Last edited by Cathina; 2012-12-13 at 01:18 PM.

  6. #6
    The Patient Madhoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vienna / Austria
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    We'll be letting monks deal with Tsulong, or Paladins. Shaman are weak. Will be raid healing there.
    The possibility to time UE (with specced UF) with 2x GHW/HS + 2x HS within those 5 seconds leads to pretty sick output (not mentioning speccing into EM or having orc/troll racial). I dunno what numbers monks can put on the table, but shaman clearly is one of the better classes for tsulong healing.

    Edit: forgot to mention ES but I guess that should be mandatory
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2012-12-13 at 01:22 PM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    Shamans are not weak. I do Tsulong day phase everytime and I top the healing meters above Paladins and Monks, so what you saying about that? We got Earth Shield on Tsulong, Riptide/UE five seconds before he starts casting Sunbreath, then wait till cast is in half and spam Healing Surge till your buff goes off. That is insane Healing there, and Ancestral Awakening goes off healing for massive. Inbetween each breath, you can place Healing Rain down on the middle center and heal people off at the sides. Nothing can beat our Mastery at that point tbf.

    Like I said I don't give much for rankings, and most of them are elitist that do like 100k more then other healers, but it's still a proof saying how strong Resto Shamans are on Tsulong. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ulong/25N/hps/
    Your monks are bad. This is our log from (last week, doing it tonight) Tsulong hc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8069&e=8525 ... as you can see I did 367k hps on the fight and I played pretty badly. Should've been around 400-450k, but I screwed up a lot. Shaman are weak compared to Paladins and Monks on the fight. That's obvious. They're strong in the night phase and their tremor totem is amazing in the day phase (and night, I guess).

    But my overarching question was that is it this easy? Currently it seems easier to play than a Mistweaver (and IMO that says a lot).
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-12-13 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #8
    The Patient Madhoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vienna / Austria
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Your monks are bad. This is our log from (last week, doing it tonight) Tsulong hc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8069&e=8525 ... as you can see I did 367k hps on the fight and I played pretty badly. Should've been around 400-450k, but I screwed up a lot. Shaman are weak compared to Paladins and Monks on the fight. That's obvious. They're strong in the night phase and their tremor totem is amazing in the day phase (and night, I guess).
    First of all I don't see any logs of tsulong heroic, only normal, but maybe that was just a typo.

    You seem to do pretty sick healing, but on the other hand you could also say your shaman is bad. I dunno which gear difference is between you and him/her, but that numbers he/she is putting on the table are like mine, and my gear is about 20 points of iLvl lower than his/her.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Your monks are bad. This is our log from (last week, doing it tonight) Tsulong hc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8069&e=8525 ... as you can see I did 367k hps on the fight and I played pretty badly. Should've been around 400-450k, but I screwed up a lot. Shaman are weak compared to Paladins and Monks on the fight. That's obvious. They're strong in the night phase and their tremor totem is amazing in the day phase (and night, I guess).
    Heroic, seriously... All I read is elitist. You are prob high in ranks too, explains the attitude. Go back to your Monk forum. Good healers can multitask, we are strong on night phase and day phase the end, strong with our Tremor Totem. Just because I only do 100k hps on that fight doesn't mean I am horrible, or any of my other healers.

    If you can down a boss and keep people alive is all that matters, not topping meters.

  10. #10
    Wow. I didn't say anyone is horrible. I just said Shaman are weak on the Tsulong day phase. I even praise Shaman in the day phase where tremor helps a lot. Shaman are weak on the Tsulong day phase, that's a fact. The strongest class is the Monk (by the nature of how the Monk heals) and then followed by a Paladin due to Execution Sentence burst healing, after it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day the strongest class on the fight gets all the buffs (on heroic at least).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Wow. I didn't say anyone is horrible. I just said Shaman are weak on the Tsulong day phase. I even praise Shaman in the day phase where tremor helps a lot. Shaman are weak on the Tsulong day phase, that's a fact. The strongest class is the Monk (by the nature of how the Monk heals) and then followed by a Paladin due to Execution Sentence burst healing, after it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day the strongest class on the fight gets all the buffs (on heroic at least).
    I do believe world of logs is quite bugged on that fight... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5328&e=5344
    Didn't bug for any other fight... Yesterday did Tsulong, record holder forgot to record it so can't check yesterday.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4162&e=4664 another try before we downed him, I do not understand Pala's being low then if you say they are op for it.

    Edit= http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3526&e=3982 better example
    Last edited by Cathina; 2012-12-13 at 01:50 PM.

  12. #12
    WoL isn't bugged. The reason the other healers are low is because (and do not take this the wrong way) they are bad. Very bad. That monk, in all logs, is pretty shockingly bad.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    WoL isn't bugged. The reason the other healers are low is because (and do not take this the wrong way) they are bad. Very bad. That monk, in all logs, is pretty shockingly bad.
    I don't take it wrong way, Monk is only there to help us out when we lack healer and he is dps oriented, so I simply ignore his actions on the meters. But you're basically saying I'm carrying the other healers on that fight?

    I wish to know how the other Resto Shamans do 150k+ hps on that fight, I seem to do what has to be done. ES/Ript/UE/HS spam, so that makes me feel horrible too...I don't usually care about ranks, but I should atleast be pulling that much, yesterday I pulled 122k hps on Tsulong on my meters, sadly our officer didn't start recording till Lei shi.
    Last edited by Cathina; 2012-12-13 at 02:02 PM.

  14. #14
    Basically yes. You're carrying the other healers on that fight. A monk should easily do 200k hps just using his skills at the appropriate times:

    Pre-cast Enveloping Mists so that it hits .2 seconds after Sun Breath is cast(requires banking 3 Chi) > Soothing Mists > Surging Mists > TFT + Surging Mists > Surging Mists > Enveloping Mists > Soothing (and nothing else).

    That's all you do as a Monk to achieve 200k hps, the reason why I'm doing 367k is due to the heroic mechanic in the fight, but the rotation is largely the same except you bank 4 Chi and TFT Surging as the first Surging upon using Soothing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Basically yes. You're carrying the other healers on that fight. A monk should easily do 200k hps just using his skills at the appropriate times:

    Pre-cast Enveloping Mists so that it hits .2 seconds after Sun Breath is cast(requires banking 3 Chi) > Soothing Mists > Surging Mists > TFT + Surging Mists > Surging Mists > Enveloping Mists > Soothing (and nothing else).

    That's all you do as a Monk to achieve 200k hps, the reason why I'm doing 367k is due to the heroic mechanic in the fight, but the rotation is largely the same except you bank 4 Chi and TFT Surging as the first Surging upon using Soothing.
    Well, guess I can't do much about this...can't force them to pack up the slack. Aslong as I do my best on healing Tsulong we can do it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    snip
    you're also doing lfr (no offence) where healing rain snipes almost all raid healing anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    you're also doing lfr (no offence) where healing rain snipes almost all raid healing anyway
    Alt raid Sunday! Will report back on my numbers. Competing with many other healers I think. Only a few play healer as their main though, so I want to say I have an "advantage" with that.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Alt raid Sunday! Will report back on my numbers. Competing with many other healers I think. Only a few play healer as their main though, so I want to say I have an "advantage" with that.
    oh and if there is any amount of stacking (since you're a 25guild) you skyrocket haha. that's my one regret about runnin a 10man xP

    it's amazing how much rain does in 25s, love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Don't confuse HPS with your performance. You may very well be a very talented Resto Shaman, but topping meters isn't the way to prove it.
    So true. Again this is by no means anything against Hamsandwhichface or whats your name :P
    But as the Resto druid in my guild always says. She doesnt WANT to rank on WOL. Cause that means shits gone wrong and there's been additional stuff to heal.
    As long as people aint dying and then it's all peachy. The only time you should ever realy focus on maximixing hps is during Day Phase on Tsulong.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    All I'm doing (to heal pretty much any encounter) is this:

    HST on CD
    Why are you burning this CD at the start of the fight where everyone is at full health, am I misunderstanding something about the use of HST?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •