Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    LFR healing is always easy if you want to top meters. Just hit AoE spells. Somebody else can keep the tanks alive.

    If you do that in a normal raid then you're entering a world of pain.

  2. #22
    A good shaman wouldn't even be able to compete with a good monk on heroic. Shamans are only decent on normal because the fight is over and done with relatively fast. The shorter the fight, the more overall heeeps since our spike healing with CDs makes up the majority.

    Also the raid damage during day phase on HC is pretty rough, best to just have monks sit on boss while the rest of the healers keep raid up, should only be healing the boss in the 6 second breath window.



    Oh, and to answer the topic, pretty much, yes resto is that easy. You can argue any spec in the game is easy, putting it into an encounter and maximising your output is where the better players shine.

  3. #23
    If you keep going around calling other players "bad" you won't pass your trial in your guild.. this is the 2nd thread iv seen with you bashing players thinking your better then others and its making your guild look bad in many aspects.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Invern View Post
    If you keep going around calling other players "bad" you won't pass your trial in your guild.. this is the 2nd thread iv seen with you bashing players thinking your better then others and its making your guild look bad in many aspects.
    It just clicked as to who the poster is now
    Could have just poked on real-id!

  5. #25
    Sorry to tell you i don't have you on real id and i don't even play anymore i had a few buddies in immersion.. shame to see certain people in the guild try to make them look bad and arrogant.

  6. #26
    Ah apologies, was aimed at the original poster, not going to comment about the rest as it's not my business ^^

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Here's the armoury of my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nymsee/simple (Nymzee is my main)

    All I'm doing (to heal pretty much any encounter) is this:

    HST on CD
    RT on CD, roll on tanks + myself (if no 3rd tank)
    Mana Tide after first HST then on CD throughout.
    HTT when needed, but prefer to time it so it doesn't collide with HST/MTT
    Call of the Elementals after using HST during a high AoE phase (midway through Tsulong night etc)
    UE + HR together always, generally means I'm using HR every 13-14 seconds.

    Outside of the above I either (depending on the situation):

    CH or HW

    As you can see, I'm sitting at 52% mastery, 11% crit and I have the first haste breakpoint. My spellpower is really low (mostly because my gear is gash). I aim to get the second haste breakpoint when I have more gear.

    Basically though, it seems incredibly easy to pull stupidly high numbers. Maybe the PUG healers I'm playing with are just bad, but I seem to be outhealing everyone on almost any encounter.
    You just mentioned the very basics. Question is if you take the right stats and optimize your heals. You say you just roll the third RT on yourself. Someone probably take damage in your raid and have a better chance of needing the heals.

    Also people like to say "2 RT's on tanks + random". In alot of cases that is actually not the best solution since tanks usually(or in some cases at least, I havent raided much since 5.1) do not take damage simultaneously resulting one of the RT's to be wasted. Sometimes you can even RT someone in a group where it will do mostly overhealing, but you know you will do some chain heals on them, so it buffed it due to you thinking rather than just dropping it on yourself and tanks.

    Now will the buffed chain heal make up for the over healing? hard to tell, but it's those decisions you should be making a million of during an encounter. And the better you know everything about your heals and the encounter + how the others healers heal, the better is your healing.

    However, with that said, I can agree there is alot of 'rules' to resto shaman healing where it's too obvious what to do.
    Last edited by Enaina; 2012-12-14 at 03:25 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    We'll be letting monks deal with Tsulong, or Paladins. Shaman are weak. Will be raid healing there.
    lol shamans are weak....i spam 3mil healing surges on the boss during the first light phase with UE and breath. This is also my OS so i would imagine a MS resto to be better than me.
    Last edited by Spacepunch; 2012-12-14 at 07:26 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    lol shamans are weak....i spam 3mil healing surges on the boss during the first light phase with UE and breath. This is also my OS so i would imagine a MS resto to be better than me.
    A Monk's Soothing Mist ticks for 700k. 700k sec/for 14 seconds. That ignores Surging Mists, which with TFT can crit for 6~ million, and Enveloping Mists which tick for 1 million per sec for 12 seconds.

    Also ... I don't know what that Invern guy is talking about. Monks are the best healers on this fight, anyone disagreeing is flat out wrong. Paladins are good inside their CDs (Guardian + Execution Sentence) and that's it. Notice how I'm saying no-one is bad. I'm saying Monks are the best and when you're doing content at a rate which is "faster" than normal (that is, high end raiding) you prioritise the best classes over "mediocre" classes.
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-12-14 at 08:57 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Also people like to say "2 RT's on tanks + random". In alot of cases that is actually not the best solution since tanks usually(or in some cases at least, I havent raided much since 5.1) do not take damage simultaneously resulting one of the RT's to be wasted. Sometimes you can even RT someone in a group where it will do mostly overhealing, but you know you will do some chain heals on them, so it buffed it due to you thinking rather than just dropping it on yourself and tanks.

    Now will the buffed chain heal make up for the over healing? hard to tell, but it's those decisions you should be making a million of during an encounter. And the better you know everything about your heals and the encounter + how the others healers heal, the better is your healing.

    However, with that said, I can agree there is alot of 'rules' to resto shaman healing where it's too obvious what to do.
    I think part of the reason why keeping Riptides rolling on the tanks is considered a best practice is because it keeps the Purification HP buff refreshing itself. If the tanks are outside of your Healing Rain, it's entirely possible that not keeping RT on them would cause that buff to fall off. HoT's in general do a lot of overhealing too, so as long as you are timing your Riptide on a tank when the direct healing portion of it will be effective, it's probably the best use. Setting it up on a target to act as a target to Chain Heal off of isn't a bad idea too, as long as you know the Purification refresh will be covered (another Shaman has RT on the tank or they are inside a Healing rain).

  11. #31
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    You can argue any spec in the game is easy, putting it into an encounter and maximising your output is where the better players shine.
    Quoted for truth

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    A Monk's Soothing Mist ticks for 700k. 700k sec/for 14 seconds. That ignores Surging Mists, which with TFT can crit for 6~ million, and Enveloping Mists which tick for 1 million per sec for 12 seconds.

    Also ... I don't know what that Invern guy is talking about. Monks are the best healers on this fight, anyone disagreeing is flat out wrong. Paladins are good inside their CDs (Guardian + Execution Sentence) and that's it. Notice how I'm saying no-one is bad. I'm saying Monks are the best and when you're doing content at a rate which is "faster" than normal (that is, high end raiding) you prioritise the best classes over "mediocre" classes.
    Monks are more reliable for sure, but I've seen our shammy get 11mil HS crits (and what if you added AA and AG to that-> lolwat) so if the RNG gods are with the shaman...they'd do well for themselves for shure.
    But yeah monks are pretttttttttty strong on that fight, on average.

  13. #33
    try some heroic encounters? 6/16 normal mode....i dunno what to say it's not going to really test the limits of anyone's healing capabilities.

  14. #34
    Just to pop in here and mention something that due to Shaman's Mastery deep healing, they're probably the best healer (by far) for Tsulong Day Phase.
    Magnificence personified

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    try some heroic encounters? 6/16 normal mode....i dunno what to say it's not going to really test the limits of anyone's healing capabilities.
    You missed the part where I have "the Fearless" title, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Just to pop in here and mention something that due to Shaman's Mastery deep healing, they're probably the best healer (by far) for Tsulong Day Phase.
    And no, Monks > Paladins >>>>>>> other healers, pretty much.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    You missed the part where I have "the Fearless" title, I guess.


    And no, Monks > Paladins >>>>>>> other healers, pretty much.
    Then why are Shaman outparsing every other class including monks?

  17. #37
    Healing is never mechanically difficult, it's actually implementing those mechanics in the context of a fight where you have to make snap triage decisions that takes skill.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    Then why are Shaman outparsing every other class including monks?
    I believe the discussion was about the HC version of this encounter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    A good shaman wouldn't even be able to compete with a good monk on heroic. Shamans are only decent on normal because the fight is over and done with relatively fast. The shorter the fight, the more overall heeeps since our spike healing with CDs makes up the majority.
    Also monks are much better suited as they can sustain the healing for the duration of the added buff on HC difficulty, whereas a shaman cannot.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    You missed the part where I have "the Fearless" title, I guess.
    Having a title on one character doesn't ignore the fact that ur going "OMG CLASS SO EZ BC I DID IT IN LFR/NORMAL AND WON AAHHHH GAEM HURD WAT DEW?"


    Also throwing your rank/achievements/titles around in every single post you make to try and make yourself look superior to other's in your opinion is a very petty way to get your point across, and makes those in your guild or similar guilds look like elitist assholes through your actions. Try and have some respect for others around you.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-12-17 at 01:16 AM.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Italiandk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dô yöû even liƒt¿
    Posts
    671
    I usually drop HR (without UE buff) and HST and then I go afk during LFR so yes, shamans are that easy.

    Are you serious?
    Death Knight -> Italiandk
    Shaman -> Cashrain
    Paladin -> Healyoutru
    Priest -> Ängel
    Monk -> Skadoosh
    Mage -> Icydeath

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •