Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was just awesome.

I love watching both versions and seeing exactly how Blizzard has applied the "Our people are good, their people are bad" mentality to each faction.

The arguments in the other threads were of what seemed like many people saying it was OK with them for Jaina to kill and imprison the blood elves that were still in Dalaran because some of them raised arms against them. You can very clearly see here from the Horde side that the blood elves that are still there are there because they want to protect their home and their right to live in their home and not be forced out.

The Dalaran music was awesome, and the voice acting at the end is amazing. I have three blood elf toons, love them to death and am excited about what Blizzard might choose to do with them in the continuation of the storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    No, that's the thing about high elves. They're not a 1-faction sub-race. They are affiliated with all sorts of factions. Steamwheedle, the Scourge, the Alliance, Darkmoon Faire. My point was that, not all high elves love the Alliance and its not too difficult to imagine that some of the blood elves' blue-eyed cousins wouldn't mind heading back to Silvermoon again.
    But the Majority are either Alliance or Kirin'tor.

You'll get like 20, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post

I love watching both versions and seeing exactly how Blizzard has applied the "Our people are good, their people are bad" mentality to each faction.

The arguments in the other threads were of what seemed like many people saying it was OK with them for Jaina to kill and imprison the blood elves that were still in Dalaran because some of them raised arms against them. You can very clearly see here from the Horde side that the blood elves that are still there are there because they want to protect their home and their right to live in their home and not be forced out.

The Dalaran music was awesome, and the voice acting at the end is amazing. I have three blood elf toons, love them to death and am excited about what Blizzard might choose to do with them in the continuation of the storyline.
    Lets just hope they don't forget about the blood elves again.

Aaaah. Would've liked it if the video was trimmed of a bit of fat and audio tuned up a bit to emphasize VA, but otherwise, this is good stuff.

I wonder whether we'll be seeing a Sunreaver vs Silver Covenant battleground at any point soon. Fighting through Dalaran would be good, and busting out Sunreaver prisoners would make for a good motive. Who doesn't love fighting through city streets?

10+ Year Old Account

IF they wanted to stay in their homes they should have elected neutral officials to represent them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Did i miss anything or why does it look like that Dalaran is in the middle of the sea?

Talking about when they jump out of the tunnel on the Dragonhawks.
    It's because of mechanics I guess, the whole thing is instanced i presume.

OT: Pretty awsome, I hope the bloodelves get some more lore except this fighting alongside the rest of the horde, maybe leading up to the legion expansion.

Would be awsome if the do this kind of crap in all expansions, give all the factions a bit of story leading up to there prime, whichever that is (in maybe an other expansion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post

Probably none in-game! (Though I would love to see Auric Sunchaser on a remade Conclave of Silvermoon) But, hey, in lore, the more elves united as Thalassians, the better! I don't care about the Horde-Alliance war. I just want to see Quel'Thalas shine again, as a strong and self-sufficient state. (I'm an Eastern Kingdoms elf buff. I'm not fussed about the purple Kalimdor brood.)

10+ Year Old Account
    IF they wanted to stay in their homes they should have elected neutral officials to represent them.
    Tell me it really would have mattered who their "officials" were? Jaina sees no one as neutral now. No one. She will align everyone she sees from now on to a faction based on their race...at least that's what I gathered from watching the Alliance side questline.

You're also assuming that those civilians in Dalaran had any idea whatsoever of what was going on. They assumed their officials were neutral, and got punished for simply being the same race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me it really would have mattered who their "officials" were? Jaina sees no one as neutral now. No one. She will align everyone she sees from now on to a faction based on their race...at least that's what I gathered from watching the Alliance side questline.

You're also assuming that those civilians in Dalaran had any idea whatsoever of what was going on. They assumed their officials were neutral, and got punished for simply being the same race.
    If their Rommath had been neutral the attack on Darnassus wouldn't have happened and Jaina would have done nothing. See: http://youtu.be/NbqJ49ZrLbk#t=1m13s

The Blood Elves forced her hand. Besides, all who surrender were not harmed. Well I harmed them, but that was for RP reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is EPIC... i always sympathized with Jaina before...but now...this has gone too far...if Allinace wants this war they shall have it!

That 20 is propably 10% of all high elves left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    this is EPIC... i always sympathized with Jaina before...but now...this has gone too far...if Allinace wants this war they shall have it!
    Oh yes, it was the Alliance that started this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their Rommath had been neutral the attack on Darnassus wouldn't have happened and Jaina would have done nothing. See: http://youtu.be/NbqJ49ZrLbk#t=1m13s

The Blood Elves forced her hand. Besides, all who surrender were not harmed. Well I harmed them, but that was for RP reasons.
    She's definitely done a complete 180 from where she was in that video.

You're still condemning all of the blood elves that were there for the sins of one man though. Just because their trust was misplaced doesn't make those civilians individually responsible. In any case, "all who surrender were not harmed" isn't entirely accurate. I consider imprisonment to be harm, and I consider having your home taken away from you to be harm. Apparently those who chose to fight agreed with that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Alliance wasn't the one wanting a war, The horde has been the aggressor in this war for a long time and finally pushed too hard and have given the Alliance a very powerful weapon in a non-neutral Jaina. Also, Garrosh has sealed his own fate with his attack on Anduin, who interestingly enough has kind of taken Jaina's place as the character who is striving to bring an end to the war through peaceful means. I don't see the Horde being able to stop both Jaina and Varian who have been angered by the unprovoked actions of the Horde. IF it wasn't already known I would be predicting a full assault on Garrosh's home by the end of the expac because of his actions.

While it is sad that some supposedly neutral and unaware Belfs have been killed, though they were given an opportunity to surrender, lets not pretend as though those actions by the Alliance is the catalyst for this particular war. They are just collateral damage, which the Alliance has already suffered plenty of themselves at the hand of Garrosh.
    Last edited by Hardeen; 2012-12-13 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's definitely done a complete 180 from where she was in that video.

You're still condemning all of the blood elves that were there for the sins of one man though. Just because their trust was misplaced doesn't make those civilians individually responsible. In any case, "all who surrender were not harmed" isn't entirely accurate. I consider imprisonment to be harm, and I consider having your home taken away from you to be harm. Apparently those who chose to fight agreed with that opinion.
    Jaina did a 180 because she was betrayed.

Still rather tame when you compare it to the Horde destroying all of Gilneas and attempting to drive its people to extinction so they can have a harbour.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is flat out wrong; blood elves got readmitted into Dalaran because of Aethas Sunreaver. As Theron's story and the entirety of Wrath showed us, if you're a blood elf in Dalaran, you therefore belong to the Sunreavers.

That Jaina falsely accused their "official" of treason (which, assuming you paid attention to the other Horde quest he was in, he's blatantly innocent of) shouldn't have been a green light for Silver Covenant goons to round up bewildered civilians and rob them of their belongings. That's just in bad taste.

Also interesting is that, save Jaina herself, you don't see a single regular Kirin Tor member in any of this. What gives?
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-13 at 06:29 PM.

Still rather tame when you compare it to the Horde destroying all of Gilneas and attempting to drive its people to extinction so they can have a harbour.
    Also considering that her home was mana-bombed by the Horde with no chance to surrender, at least she offered some mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Didn't watch the video as i would like to experiance the quest first hand (Even tho i know what happens), i really hope we get to kill jaina at some point...having her become sha-crazed in the orgrimmar raid would be an interesting way for her to go >

And those blasted high elves! Im suprised varian hasn't punished them and jaina for not informing of her decision beforehand.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:30 PM ----------

Rommath ? you mean aethas right ? And if you do aethas is neutral, he attacked romath yelling something like "I WONT LET THE HORDE DESTROY OUR PEOPLE" when under the effects of the sha.

10+ Year Old Account

In general, I never agree with most of the actions taken by Sylvanas or Garrosh, I'm not particularly fond of undead, and I believe a lot of orcs are too loyal or barbaric to step back and disagree with things others may find to be not very kosher.

That being said, you'll never convince me that it's ok for Jaina and the Silver Covenant to go around imprisoning, killing and robbing innocent civilians because a Sunreaver turned their back to the situation and allowed Garrosh to do what he may. I understand what has happened to Jaina and that she wants revenge, but I don't condone the eye for an eye mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This is flat out wrong; blood elves got readmitted into Dalaran because of Aethas Sunreaver. As Theron's story and the entirety of Wrath showed us, if you're a blood elf in Dalaran, you therefore belong to the Sunreavers.

That Jaina falsely accused their "official" of treason (which, assuming you paid attention to the other Horde quest he was in, he's blatantly innocent of) shouldn't have been a green light for Silver Covenant goons to round up bewildered civilians and rob them of their belongings. That's just in bad taste.

Also interesting is that, save Jaina herself, you don't see a single regular Kirin Tor member in any of this. What gives?
    So what do you want me to say? She is wrong? I find it hard to care. It was really only a matter of time before Jaina snapped. Blame your warchief.