normal to do crap dmg at fresh 90 while my fresh 90 monk does more?

Will this take longer to build up to do better dmg?

jsut dinged 90 and i struggle bringing down 90 mobs (aff) and my 90 monk is able to rip through them (both fresh 90s)

comments?

Are we talking solo mobs for dailies? 5 mans? Raids? Need to elaborate.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Are we talking solo mobs for dailies? 5 mans? Raids? Need to elaborate.
    I am doing the golden lotus dailys so the basic 90 mobs there, the monk is "ripping" through them generally while the lock dots taking so long to kill, i pull 2-3 and get issues. gear level is all pre-90 blues around the 420-440 level on both guys (generally)

Deleted
    As affliction obviously you'll take longer to kill mobs at low gear levels. Before I got decent gear, I didn't use Sac but went with Voidlord instead, which made soloing quite faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    As affliction obviously you'll take longer to kill mobs at low gear levels. Before I got decent gear, I didn't use Sac but went with Voidlord instead, which made soloing quite faster.
    This paired with using SB:SS on every mob you encounter, and using drain soul right before it dies makes it so you will never have to stop, even at low gear levels.

Deleted
    The only setup time a monk has is Jab>TP, it blasts through dailies quicker than anything else I've played.

so you roll with grimoire of supremecy then till u get more power?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    People seem to refuse using VL because of pride or something. This is dumb because he does insane damage with his shield and never need heals vs normal mobs. It's probably the best option for highest damage while questing/farming as affliction.

ok so how do i keep him healed? do i use soul link? any tips on using him to most effect?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    ok so how do i keep him healed? do i use soul link? any tips on using him to most effect?
    Soloing raids you'll want to take Dark Regeneration, casual questing you'll want to take Soul leech for the passive regeneration. Glyph of Soul Consumption and Glyph of Healthstone are nice too for the extra health healed from the healthstone parred with dark regeneration is a major amount of health being healed at once. I like using Sacrificial Pact sometimes depending on the fight, usually where you have to soak damage yourself. If you have to stun adds, take Shadowfury, if you want a free 17% burst heal take Mortal Coil, which also fears for 3 seconds on stunnable adds.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-12-15 at 06:46 PM.

Take all self heal glyphs that you need depending on what you're doing. If you need to heal VL just use soulburn: health funnel.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-12-15 at 07:03 PM.

Last time I was solo farming 90 mobs as afflic I did soul link + supremacy and used glyph of soul consumption. I spent over an hour farming the sprites in vale, and I never had to stop for anything. I just threw SB:SS on as many as I could find, put my voidlord on one and used drain soul, get shards back, continue the process. Doing this you only run out of shards if you space out and forget to drain, and the glyph will keep you and your VL healed to full indefinitely. You might not necessarily kill things as fast as some people, but you have low (no) downtime, high endurance, and can chain/multi-pull.

go demo pull a lot of mobs = win
    pull with corruption as much u can -> use felguard felstorm -> use second demon felguard -> cast 2x Hand of Gul'dan with max of dot uptime -> use shadowfury for stun -> go demon pop Dark Soul: Knowledge -> immolation aura -> and harvest life or void rain
    if you hp going down use healthstone, Unending Resolve, Soulshatter, if youu droping fast use dark bargin try to stun and you can also use Carrion Swarm
    On very big pulls you can use infernal

I assume you're playing afflction. For questing/dailies, your most powerful tool is how you use your soul shards. Get the voidlord (even though the voidwalker usually does just as good). DoT all targets using soulburn : soul swap and make your voidlord attack them all individually to get aggro (as in, micromanage him to go there and smack each dotted monster a couple times so they are off of you).

Trust me, VL can tank 4-5 quest mobs EASILY. You keep him alive with Soulburn: Health Funnel, and using drain soul on dying mobs to replenish your shards.

I can't stress this enough: Soul Shards are your most essential resource. You use it to instantly get DoTs on every mob, and also to keep your voidlord alive. While tanking mobs, the VL has a shield (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115236/void-shield) that deals INSANE damage to mobs. So as long as you start each pull with 4 shards (glyph for it) you can literally chain pull mobs, always keeping the VL tanking 3-4 while you go out and pull more. Before you know those "kill 12 mogu" quests will be over.

EDIT: If you picked up Dark Regeneration, don't forget it heals your pet as well. DO NOT take Soul Link , as that replaces health funnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    EDIT: If you picked up Dark Regeneration, don't forget it heals your pet as well. DO NOT take Soul Link , as that replaces health funnel.
    Except Soul Link works extremely well with Glyph of Soul Consumption when you are chain pulling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Lord is a Great tank, do not under estimate him.

I do wish that I was able to misdirect mobs onto him like demon soul did in Cata, but otherwise he works wonderfully.