Deleted

Sha of fear - Panda platforms

So, I am wondering... Since our guild is having some trouble downing the Panda's consistantly...

1) Dread spray
    The drawing as made in this post on wowhead
    Is it me or are these reversed, which is kinda annoying since in real life the entrance (which I understand to be the raid entrance, though not explicity defined) is to the right of the platform not the left...

Arrow (or the slice named A) is pointing to the raid entrance

So to my understanding.... using this diagram as a starter:

For the South platform (Guoshi):
    Start at either A-B or E-F and move to your right as he shoots

For the West platform (Yang):
    Start at
    - G-H, move to H-A (H only preferably) and then to A-B after the shot at A
    - B-C, Eat shot 6 or 7 move to D-E after shot 9

For the North platform (Kun):
    Is it me or is the schema wrong at this one? As far as I can tell at the video shot #4 doesnt go towards the raid entrance?
    In fact all of the shots seem to be off to me.... in the video on the first platform he finishes at the POV of the video with 2 (14 and 15) shots which is on the north side of the platform (G on my schema) while the entrance of the platform as well as the raid/boss is to the left of POV.
    From the PoV in the video it looks like he shoots:
    F-B-B-F
    E-A-A-E
    D-H-H-D
    C-G-G-C

My point is I am confused about this, can someone please help me here?

2) Death blossom
    How deadly is it? Seems to be 10 shots at 61k on clothies.... or 610k damage on 350+k hps, you need a 50% overall reduction or 300k heals.
    PW:Barrier is 25% reduction in damage, not sure what other abilities other healers have to heal / reduce damage big time... Being a clothy dps myself :/
    Tranq? Divine Hymn? Dont seem like any of these big healing cooldowns are required anywhere else in the fight?

On top of that us mages have Ice Barrier for 100k though Temporal Shields seem more appealing to absorb 200+k damage and return it as heals.
    Greater invis for 90% reduction for 3 out of the 5 seconds

Deleted
    Dead blossom can be LoS'd by going behind the pillars.

You can also use Hand of Protection to casters so they can soak the blossom and dps at same time.

Theres also this addon that is working fine for us on heroic, for dread spray

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shaoffearassist
    Last edited by mmoc1f84da7c2c; 2012-12-13 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupala View Post
    Dead blossom can be LoS'd by going behind the pillars
    But this thread isn't about dread blossom.

I stand on the left-side of whatever pillar I land next to when I get sucked in. After his first shot to my right, I move to the right side of the pillar and don't get hit. After a few seconds, move back to the left side of that pillar and wait for the next round.

Deleted
    I didn't see anything that mentions this is heroic, so if it is normal just ignore the panda platform patterns, as long as you're not running into every single shot it doesn't matter.

LoS Death Blossom using the pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    But this thread isn't about dread blossom.
    Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    2) Death blossom
    How deadly is it?
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-12-13 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Well, it is normal and since we are having trouble downing the Panda's consistantly I am looking for ways to improve our DPS on them...

Hiding behind pillars is a dps loss
    Getting feared is a dps loss

DPS we sadly need badly sometimes, the odd thing is we seem to do OK for 8-9 minutes then suddenly a serious drop in dps and we fail a platform.
    My guess is its people worrying to much about the orbs you need to pickup OR people getting feared more/to much vs "lucky" breaks earlier on where fear was much less.

So I am trying to see, how can we survive deathblossom but also how to "read" those diagrams to stay out of the Spray..... they are not making total sence to me even after studying dozens of videos on them :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

http://www.icy-veins.com/sha-of-fear...d-strategy-wow

Here you go.

South - just stay at the entrance and only dodge the blossom. (75% dmg reduce)
    West - move to the safe zone of wave #2 and #3 and stay there. (50% dmg reduce)
    North - move to the safe zone of wave #1 and #2 and stay there. (50% dmg reduce)

blink, speed, tank, heal grab the orbs obviously.
    Last edited by shiq; 2012-12-13 at 04:18 PM.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

Deleted
    Well, it is normal and since we are having trouble downing the Panda's consistantly I am looking for ways to improve our DPS on them...

Hiding behind pillars is a dps loss
    Getting feared is a dps loss

DPS we sadly need badly sometimes, the odd thing is we seem to do OK for 8-9 minutes then suddenly a serious drop in dps and we fail a platform.
    My guess is its people worrying to much about the orbs you need to pickup OR people getting feared more/to much vs "lucky" breaks earlier on where fear was much less.

So I am trying to see, how can we survive deathblossom but also how to "read" those diagrams to stay out of the Spray..... they are not making total sence to me even after studying dozens of videos on them :/
    Tell your dpsers to use cooldowns on the panda platforms instead of on boss, problem solved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    Here you go.
    Duh thanks, like I had not seen that one... it is the same schema in a different layout.... dont help much

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    Tell your dpsers to use cooldowns on the panda platforms instead of on boss, problem solved
    And well another obvious answer, not much answer here either.

Duh thanks, like I had not seen that one... it is the same schema in a different layout.... dont help much

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:36 PM ----------

And well another obvious answer, not much answer here either.
    I'm confused now, what are you looking for in an answer. The spread doesn't matter as long as you're not getting hit by every single shot. The fear is only about 2-3 seconds long. LoS Death Blossom, it's the safest way to do it, risking a healing/defensive CD risks a death and then you're screwed. If people are dying on the Panda platform, it's probably a healer problem. If you're not getting the panda down before the next Cackle goes out, then it's probably a DPS problem. If orbs aren't getting picked up and are healing the panda, then it's an everyone problem.

Not trying to be harsh, but as far as normal goes, I don't think you're going to get any answers you like if you didn't like the ones you were given. If it's a gear issue, just spend another week or two getting gear from the other bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I'm confused now, what are you looking for in an answer. The spread doesn't matter as long as you're not getting hit by every single shot. The fear is only about 2-3 seconds long. LoS Death Blossom, it's the safest way to do it, risking a healing/defensive CD risks a death and then you're screwed. If people are dying on the Panda platform, it's probably a healer problem. If you're not getting the panda down before the next Cackle goes out, then it's probably a DPS problem. If orbs aren't getting picked up and are healing the panda, then it's an everyone problem.

Not trying to be harsh, but as far as normal goes, I don't think you're going to get any answers you like if you didn't like the ones you were given. If it's a gear issue, just spend another week or two getting gear from the other bosses.
    I'm pretty confident he's talking about heroic Sha of Fear, so all this is like telling a fire mage he should use fireball. His question specifically is whether or not the scheme for the Kun platform is wrong and if people can help out dealing with that specific platform, such as providing feedback on the available scheme, or sharing experiences in how they dealt with it.

I'm not on Sha heroic unfortunately, so I can't help.

If it IS Normal, then yeah, the above advices, fuck the schemes, but honestly I don't think a normal raider would be looking THIS far into an encounter as OP.

"I need help. Our DPS sucks and I can't read a simple diagram that doesn't even matter on normal."
    *gets suggestions*
    "Guys, I already knew all that. You're dumb."

2 heal, pick up every orb, use cooldowns on pandas, stand in for Death Blossom if you have a CD available, else LoS. That's everything you need to know for platforms on normal Sha.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I'm pretty confident he's talking about heroic Sha of Fear
    Well, it is normal
    Nope. 10char

You can just stand in the same place and take the dread spray. I'm usually running around grabbing orbs so occasionally I get hit. It is so few and far between it is meaningless, unless you are doing the achievement.

Deleted
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shaoffearassist

edit: And IF this was about heroic, it gets much easier after you first time get to 66% and get 15% haste buff, then P1 is "trivial".
    Last edited by mmoc5112d29a08; 2012-12-14 at 02:25 AM.