Deleted

Water on keyboard, help ?

Hey guys, I've had to dig out my old razer keyboard to type this because, as everyone does at least once, I've spilt water on my Thermaltake Mega G Unit keyboard.

It worked fine for a few minutes after but then I restarted my computer and found that the PC didn't pick up the USB slot. Upon reinsertion I found that the computer was picking it up as "Unknown USB device" and it wasn't doing anything, at all.

Just wondering if theirs anything I can do or is it time for a new keyboard ?

Thanks for reading

Deleted
    If its just water, just let it dry on a radiator. And put it upside down. And than wait a few days and try again.

Rinse with distilled water (normal water will leave a calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, calcium phosphate residue behind (i.e. the same lime that forms in your kettle) when it evaporates that will take in any moisture from the air, given enough it will become conductive and you'll be screwed again) and then leave it to dry upside-down for at least 3 days. Make sure it is absolutely bone dry before connecting it to your PC again. I let my keyboard dry for a week when I spilled apple juice on it.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-13 at 04:22 PM.