Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why isn't there any info on Titan (Blizz's next MMO)?

Usually there would be a leak of some sort, there is nothing at all out there. It is odd, what is with the secrecy?

its not one of their big existing IP's so its easier for them to keep a lid on it.

why can't you find any info about playstation 4 or xbox 4012 ?

Maybe they realized they need to not release it early like how they released D3 in a beta state, so they're not even releasing information about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I'm beginning to become slightly impressed with how secret they've managed to keep Titan in this day and age. Knowing Blizz, they're probably just stalling until they can show us all the most impressive things in one sweet hype-building preview, then go "And we're still not done! Expect more info Soon(tm)!"
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

They are saving up all the info to announce that all those rumors they spread was part of the biggest aprils fool they have ever done.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this really is the "next gen MMO" and I use that term as every other MMO uses this. Most recently Guild Wars 2, look at how that game turned out. Blizzard isn't releasing anything because they want to surprise us and stop the competition jumping on what they are doing and racing to do it first.

Very little said. There have been a few leaks but everything points to some sci-fi elements set in a more modern day world. It should be a PC based game but simplified a little more than other MMO's to make it adaptable to for other platforms. Blizzard tends to like to be tight-lipped on projects and not give any kind of dates out until they are very certain. The lack of information leads me to believe that there is still a ways to go on it.

Deleted
    building up hype. they dont want people knowing what its all about, as its still early, would rather have people speculating.

i expect a big unveiling at a blizzcon in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    If this really is the "next gen MMO" and I use that term as every other MMO uses this. Most recently Guild Wars 2, look at how that game turned out. Blizzard isn't releasing anything because they want to surprise us and stop the competition jumping on what they are doing and racing to do it first.
    Guild Wars 2 was not a "next gen MMO" it didnt bring in anything new, gaining skills from wearing weapons etc has been done in older MMO's and the other things they have is also just copy/paste from other older games, and i bet that is why it isnt very popular (i never hear anyone talk about it).

I do hope that "Titan" will have new and fun things to do and not just a copy/paste of older stuff (which is a major problem atm since all games just seem to recycle old stuff and call it "new"...)

The saddest thing about "Titan," imo, is the fact that nothing has been released yet as far as information. Why? Well lets assume they release their first big preview of whatever the flip "Titan" is around summer 2013, after HotS comes out and before any D3 expansion is announced. Basic stuff, what it is, etc. Going on the Diablo 3 time line, the game won't be out till 2018.

Twenty eighteen.

I'll be in my mid-freaking-30s. Bawwww

There isn't any info because they haven't released any yet.

Because it's still being worked on and isn't ready for announcement yet
    They don't want to announce something and then say "it'll be done in just three years time"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they will announce something when the game is far along enough to show us gameplay demo and really tell us about the story, play mechanics and features. I do think that time is nearing, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at the 2014 Blizzcon. It might even pop up at the upcoming 2013 one; it's this will be the first year where it's a possibility.

I'm honestly impressed there haven't been any real leaks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Well OP there are many reasons, number 1 being money. first and foremost MONEY is the reason any company does anything. IF they release any early info .... other companys see it as soon as we do and they try to get a jump on whatever gaming market they're trying to corner. So i think blizzard is trying to get the biggest bang for their buck. They build up huge hype for a game no one even knows anything about ..... its actually quite genius . Think about it..... ur excited for a product that u know nothing about.
    Other than that I would assume that blizzard doesn't want everyone to see a tiny bit of the game and be like "I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW!" - u know how demanding video game customers can be. Blizz is known for taking their sweet time (even if its not always enough time).

The most unlikely reason is that blizz hasn't shown anything cuz there isn't much to show.... i find this reason to be ....well bullshit. They're keeping everything secret cuz thats just good business. Especially for a company like blizzard that has ppl witing for their every move.

Casue there isn't anything to show...they probably mothballed it.

Activision would definitely show something by now if they had anything to show at all. Even if it was just a cinema trailer.

Didn't that old timeline say Titan in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post

Q4 of 2013, same time as Xpac 5 for wow. This was from April of 2010 though and Xpac 4 (MoP) was at the very end of Q3, almost Q4 instead of Q2 like the timeline says so they're off a bit.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about Titan though until they're in Alpha or Closed Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Casue there isn't anything to show...they probably mothballed it.

Activision would definitely show something by now if they had anything to show at all. Even if it was just a cinema trailer.

I think myself that was the old Product slate, but i think that there will be more WoW expansions then on this on, and i think Titan will be delayed till atleast 2015 if we know blizzards progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...
    Of course, why would they use graphics almost a decade old if they didn't have to?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |