Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This is my hunter's broken tooth, I got it because I set off my alarm clock at 3am. No other hunter was around.
    Now with CRZ, there is always someone around, that's exactly the reason for CRZ. There is no chance that you are alone, because the algorithm will constantly put people together.
    so you woke up in the middle of the night and got lucky that no one else was around , i saw broken tooth being camped 24/7 on my realm whats your point?

    we can argue back and forth what we saw on our personal realms back and forth all day. your on eu i'm us, and im sure neither of us have played on every single realm so neither of us can give an educated conclusion on what the global or reginal average behavior was at that time.

    CRZ bring the old zones back to closer what they were like when wow came out, that includes both the good and the bad. that means ganking and corps camping, that means random people actually being in the zone and tossing a buff on you/helping kill a mob when a mob patted on to your fight. competing for resources, or just a bunch of random people grouping up to quest togeather.

    you dont like CRZ fine, thats your choice. i personally do

  2. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One does not just wake up and walk into Sholozar Basin.
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    What do you mean by this statement? I have woken up a few times, logged in, and decided I was going to go get a Rare.
    It was a paraphrase of Lord of the Rings, "One does not just walk into Mordor."

    Yes, I'm a geek.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) There was absolutely NO camped mobs in Vanilla, except for a possible few rep maws, like Felwoods Furbolgs. Rare mobs in Vanilla droped crap gear.
    B) I played during Vanilla. The amount of ppl in the world depended on your server- A high pop server, nothing really changed since Vanilla. A low pop server, you could easily be the only person farming herbs/ores/skins in EPL.
    C) Any "competition" was because ore/herb nodes were VERY scarce compared to now. Early Pandaria, when you could literally go between 3 ghost iron nodes for a good hour before they stoped respawning? That rate was over 50x the rate back in Vanilla. You herb a herb, it wouldnt be back for almost 10 mins, rather then the 1 min it is now.
    D) During BC, the "compitition" was more due to the wanted herbs/ores being in highly concentrated areas that were ALSO lvl 70 daily questing areas.
    E) During Wrath, we get more of the non-CRZ emptiness of the world. Northrend was very large, and the good stuff was spread out over a HUGE area, most of which, you quested through once and then you were done. When LFD came out, most ppl either sat in cities queing (Nobody being near the BG warmasters out in the world helped with that) or manually entered raid instances. Only time you would see ppl out and about was either VERY quick dailies or farming.
    F) The main emptiness came with cata. 5 zones of interest to max lvl ppl, down from 7-8. Herbs located in 1 specific zone, rather then spread out amongst 4 zones. Ores were extremely plenty, and you could use phasing to your advantage to get a significant amount of phased nodes. Zones were big, nodes were plentiful, the only time you might see another player on your realm was in TB.

    The way the world used to be during Vanilla was because of the small number of servers, the scarcity of herbs, and the smaller size of zones compared to now. You were much more likely to notice someone farming at the same time as you, because the nodes were scarce. During BC, on my small server, a rare spawn could be up for a week before 3 ppl got together to down it (Or someone awesome/geared managed to solo it). During Wrath, there was no noticable competition for ANYTHING but the TLPD. During Cata, same thing except with Aeonaxx/Posidus after 4.1

    Even now, in Pandaria, on the smaller servers, the world is relatively empty, except for whereever you need to do dailies at. CRZ was not very thought out by blizzard- Realm communities that had been a small server suddenly found themselves thrown into an area that had the feel of a large server. Large servers got even more competition, without anything going back to the realm itself. Low levels who could level in relative peace in a pvp realm (Beyond the occasional high lvl searching for low lvl stuff, or equal lvl pvp) now find themselves constantly ganked by players who camp a low lvl zone for hours.

    When Molten Front came out, I didn't hear anything much about how ppl lagged in it, or how there was too many players. PvP realms would occaisonally feel some pvp when a 10v10 happened spontaneously, but it wasn't common. CRZ comes out, and ppl are either like "I CANT GET ANYTHING DONE DUE TO LAG" or "I CANT GET ANYTHING DONE BECAUSE OF THE 80 ALLIANCE TEABAGING US 20 HORDE" or w/e. There are some ppl who like the feeling of more ppl out in the world- theres either a louder group, or a larger group that hates CRZ with a passion.
    Bullshit my guild camped the dragons of the nightmare for nr gear.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It was a paraphrase of Lord of the Rings, "One does not just walk into Mordor."

    Yes, I'm a geek.
    Dang I should have caught that. No wonder I was all confused lol.

  5. #25
    Yes it does suck heavily, especially for a server like Illidan where there is already a LOT of people on the server already without CRZ. Consequently, I find myself hunting rares at the early hours of the morning before work or the late hours when I'm off during the week.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,934
    Easy fix.

    Have a friend on a different server invite you to their realm, hop between around 5 servers and you usually get what you're looking for.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) There was absolutely NO camped mobs in Vanilla, except for a possible few rep maws, like Felwoods Furbolgs. Rare mobs in Vanilla droped crap gear.
    Broken Tooth says hi.

    It's definitely not impossible to find rares. I tamed Loque'nahak after CRZ was launched, you just need to be persistent. Don't sit at the spawn point for hours on end, just leave your hunter there and check every 30 mins while doing something else.

  8. #28
    CRZ is not like it was in Vanilla. CRZ fills the map with players up to a certain amount and then stops. The problem is that there are so few low level people around, that you get an inproportional amount of hunters there too.
    When I farmed my Mature Blue Dragon Sinew for 2months, I never saw another hunter. When I farmed Black Dragonscales, I never saw another hunter. On our class quest you very sometimes saw another hunter because he wasn't prepared and kept dying.

    Best solution is to make 100 free accounts, get those characters on the same map and you'll have kicked out most hunters from your CRZ.
    CRZ is what Blizzard thinks is going to help small pop servers. Yet the only thing it will do is make small pop servers even harder and alienate everyone even more from other players.
    The real solution to small pop servers is free character migration (with a month cooldown) to all players. There is still an option to transfer immediately but it would cost somewhere between €50-100.

    The fun of an old server is just that there isn't anyone in old content, it makes you feel your character and the world progressed. And none of the vanilla quests require a group anyway.
    CRZ is the biggest piece of crap Bliz has ever forced on us. I don't care about pets and I don't have a miner/herber, it just destroys my immersion into wow when the old zones are filled with high level heroes. I'm on a low pop faction and in the old maps I see more people than in non-CRZ.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) There was absolutely NO camped mobs in Vanilla, except for a possible few rep maws, like Felwoods Furbolgs. Rare mobs in Vanilla droped crap gear..
    not strictly true. the hunter q mob always had a queue with hunters and griefers all after him.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) There was absolutely NO camped mobs in Vanilla, except for a possible few rep maws, like Felwoods Furbolgs. Rare mobs in Vanilla droped crap gear.
    Perhaps you should not post about things you know nothing about. Brokentooth back in the day was camped 24/7 by most raiding hunters.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    welcome back to the the way the world use to be. all the compaints besides guild and auctionhouse effect that players complain about with CRZ is stuff that people played since vanillia have delt with.
    Actually that is only true IF you purposely rolled on a high pop realm back then.

    What about those of us who chose a low/med pop realm on purpose?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Perhaps you should not post about things you know nothing about. Brokentooth back in the day was camped 24/7 by most raiding hunters.
    And perhaps you should not post about things you know nothing about. It simply depended on your server if it was camped 24/7 or not, perhaps you should read the entire thread before posting.

    Additionally, if you had 20 raid groups on your server then each with 5 hunters (and this is already far fetched, on my server which was the most populated EU PVE realm then we had 8 raid groups) we are talking about 100 hunters, so even if you did not invest the time to camp the spot 24/7 you would eventually get him. Having alts was very uncommon then and a real time investment, so you just had to wait it out. And this is completely impossible now.

    And to take a bad thing from the past and obviously very full servers, and implement it into CZ doesn't make it better.

  13. #33
    Cross Realm Zones has wrecked the world, and is a step in the wrong direction.

    Leveling now is a nightmare, I don't see how people have the time to attack low levels, but I guess with todays unemployement levels, more people have time to play and do things that is normally considered nolife.

    And getting things, such as Achievements, Pets, Proffesion items etc, is hell as well. I can't even imagine the horror of trying to get the achievement "Frostbitten" now.

    I want to play on MY realm, with my server population, and the horde-alliance ratio we have. Is that too much to ask for, it's the experience I want for the money I put down into this game.

    CRZ is removing the idea of customizing your gameplay. It ruins the idea of realms. There are 90-10 ally-horde servers, there are 90-10 horde-ally servers and there are 50-50 servers, there are low populated ones, and crowded ones. All this so players can CHOOSE what kind of gameplay that suits them the best. CRZ ruins this, and makes the game unbearable for many people.

    I can't belive there isn't an option to choose this. I play at Frostmane, so for instance, you can toggle if you want to visit Frostmane Elwynn Forest, or if you want to visit CRZ Elwynn forest.

  14. #34
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    I'll try not to turn this into a "back in my day" post, but uh...

    BACK IN MY DAY, we played FFXI. One of the only solid ways to get dependable gear upgrades low-mid level was to camp rares. These rares didn't have 1-3 hour spawn times, some of them had 4-6 day spawn times at random locations camped by upwards of 20 people. It was the competition and the payoff that fueled you.

    Where was I going with this.... Oh right, WoW. Yeah this game sort of murders the idea of friendly competition however when you're quick enough to get the tame-claim and 4 butthurt assholes just shoot and kill your creature before you get it. It's crap and its a pure test of patience. If you actually for some reason desire a spirit beast, your best bet is going to be Ghostcrawler or one of the cats in Hyjal. Everytime I pass their spawns, there's 1 MAYBE 2 people circling these. They're just less desired. Plus, watching morons attempt to tame Banthalos is always good fun.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,178
    It's not impossible, don't be so daft, Just because it's harder to get in no way whatsoever means it's anywhere near impossible, because someone will get them still, i used to see 5-7 sometimes more hunters in Scholazar basin back in Wrath, i used to farm Nodes there alot and there was always people talking in /1 about how they will pay xxxx amount of gold for the mob

    As others have said, It makes it more of a "rare" if there is high demand, Just keep trying and eventually you'll get it

    The best thing is going round as a druid to find those Rares, then kill them as someones trying to tame them, Alot of hunters have always acted as though they have ownership over them as they can tame them, and anyone else who kills them for loot is a bastard who's trying to ruin things -.-' And i like loot, i would much rather have some loot than someone pay me gold to hand over my tag before i kill it^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    welcome back to the the way the world use to be. all the compaints besides guild and auctionhouse effect that players complain about with CRZ is stuff that people played since vanillia have delt with.
    Yup, all the badness of a crowded realm and none of the goodness. G f'n G.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    welcome back to the the way the world use to be. all the compaints besides guild and auctionhouse effect that players complain about with CRZ is stuff that people played since vanillia have delt with.
    Not true at all. Played on a day 1 high pop server and even for the hunter staff quest mobs, there weren't so many people camping. Also, now it's much easier to camp for rares with anti-afk cheats/bots coupled with rare scanners, which is why you see the same characters parked for days without ever going afk.

  18. #38
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    I agree 100% op. I have had the absolute worst luck with taming rares over the past week.

    Either been killed by hunters while taming or they just kill the spirit beast... and oddly enough NONE of them are from my server... had this happen to me atleast 3 times now.



    On the plus side I got the White and Black Lion's from the Barrens on my Alliance hunter! ^_^"

  19. #39
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    It's not impossible, don't be so daft, Just because it's harder to get in no way whatsoever means it's anywhere near impossible,
    We sort of have to realize who we're dealing with. Modern day WoW players have completely allowed themselves to be bred into lazy, ignorant, judgemental, impatient, self righteous douchebags and the worst part of it is that they're fucking PROUD of it. They can't comprehend why they should ever be any different.

    Have to camp for hours for a pet they don't even need against other people with the same idea? For SHAME! "FUCK THIS GAME JUST MAIL ME THE PET."
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  20. #40
    I've gotten each of the Molten Front rares, and two Northrend Spirit Beasts (Skoll and Arcturis) since CRZ was implemented. Was it difficult? No more so than it was during Wrath or Cata to get them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •