Deleted

[Resto] Living Seed

Hey

I just had a look on our Garalon atemps yesterday and noticed, that it looks like Livig Seed was triggerd by Crush.

I thought, that Living Seed only triggers by direct meele attacks.
    But Crush is an aoe attack (regarding to WOL color it is physical damage)

Now I'm a bit irritated, what is triggering Living Seed.

For me it seems, all physical attacks are triggering, but I'm far from shure about that.

Thanks in regard

Gizmo

Deleted
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...5_0_x_release/

The section on Living Seed explicitly states:

"This seed will be triggered by the next physical attack that the target receives."

I never checked it thoroughly, but I guess that since the aoe is physical, it triggers the seed. You may also want to check Attenuation and Force and Verve on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok as they are also physical (just off the top of my head - I am sure there are plenty more).

Hmm it used to be only melee attacks, but yeah I checked a Garalon logged (looking at non tanks)and Crush seems to have triggered it. Vizier i'll have to comb through it in more detail to make sure it wasn't melee attacks from a MC triggering it.

It's ridiculous that blizzard has left Living Seed as physical only. It works similarly to DA for disc or AA for shaman (in a broad sense) - neither of which have such restrictive trigger requirements. Feels like a legacy holdover they just never bothered addressing. It should just trigger on any damage taken IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    but is it overhealing?

and what percentage of healing and overhealing is it really contributing?

Living seed is such a teensy itsy bitsy heal, that almost never overheals, it seems like it ought not to be a high priority for worrying about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    but is it overhealing?

and what percentage of healing and overhealing is it really contributing?

Living seed is such a teensy itsy bitsy heal, that almost never overheals, it seems like it ought not to be a high priority for worrying about.
    On our 12 Garalon attemps LS was triggered 78 times (out of 142 times the buff was applied) resulting in 1.5% of my healing done, with 5% overheal.

So, yeah I know, that the healing from LS is nearly nothing (on average it heald for 32k). But that's not my question. Beside, there are cases where every bit of healing counts.

But again, that was not the question.
    I simply want to know on what type of spells LS will be triggerd. Because it would be a, rather small, factor in the decision when to use the Regrowth glyph. As the applying of LS is completely passive I don't have to do anything to get this little bit of extra healing.

Normaly I prefer to not use the Regrowth glyph, because mostly I prefere the option to use the Regrowth hot for SM, especially when ToL is up.

I have found this info for LS in wowdb: Living Seed

Procs when
    Player takes auto attack (white) melee damage
    Plyaer takes special (yellow) melee damage
    Player takes auto attack (white) ranged damage (with a bow, etc)
    Plyaer takes special (yellow) ranged damage (with a bow, etc)
    Player receives a harmful spell
    Player takes periodic (DoT) damage

Regarding to this, LS would be triggered every time you take damage, but onestly I don't think this info is accurate. (And the typos don't make the info look better)

So again, my question:
    Does anyone know what type of spell (school and aoe/dd) triggers LS?

10+ Year Old Account
    The DB takes info right off the server, so it should be correct. The tooltip says 'next attack', not what kind.

This means it either procs off spells also, or isn't working as the actual spell is intended.

Went in game and made it proc off a direct damage spell and a bow hit. I assume it procs off any damage now if it procs off direct spells and aoe physical.

Deleted
    At this point it should really just be made into an absorb effect, the current effect is a bit of a relic of the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    The DB takes info right off the server, so it should be correct. The tooltip says 'next attack', not what kind.

This means it either procs off spells also, or isn't working as the actual spell is intended.

Went in game and made it proc off a direct damage spell and a bow hit. I assume it procs off any damage now if it procs off direct spells and aoe physical.
    Thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    At this point it should really just be made into an absorb effect, the current effect is a bit of a relic of the past.
    Also stacking of the buff rather than overwriting would be great.