Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Grey and White items for transmog

    I understand blizzard that some items are "silly" or not proper for an outfit, however some grey and white items are amazing for transmog, for example:

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1501
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1786
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=25392
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1794



    which ones do you like?

  2. #2
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    35
    Check out the Same Model as Button.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

  3. #3
    Only one of the items linked is available only in grey/white quality

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Only one of the items linked is available only in grey/white quality
    Some of them are only available to the alliance like: http://www.wowhead.com/item=26004

    And others come in different colors, some greys/whites are unique and no "same model as" is available for those colors. The black plate is one of the best, simple, nice and plate armor

    I'm sure someone else saved a lot of those greys/whites, who else have more of these items?

  5. #5
    At least objects of white quality should be possible to transmodify. For example, I want to equip myself with a Kirin Tor style, and for so, I would need the following items:

    Head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44647
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=5110
    Main hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638
    Off-hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44655

    But I'm afraid we can only dream ...


  6. #6
    Dreadlord Spellweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    At least objects of white quality should be possible to transmodify. For example, I want to equip myself with a Kirin Tor style, and for so, I would need the following items:

    Head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44647
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=5110
    Main hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638
    Off-hand: http://www.wowhead.com/item=44655

    But I'm afraid we can only dream ...
    The head and mainhand already have green/blue items with similar models that can be used for transmog.
    The ''OH'' is a 2-handed staff, but there's a few staff offhands out there already, like http://www.wowhead.com/item=15982
    The only thing that doesn't have another version is the robe, but you could always go for http://www.wowhead.com/item=38318 and a dalaran tabard (not 100% the same, but it's close to it)

    WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

  7. #7
    only item i really care about transmogging is my blood knight tabard. i would give anything to be able to transmog it to my really long cape <3<3<3

  8. #8
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1785 cloth shoulders are small, don't clip and have a lot of good matches with the gold trim. I dunno why they listen to people make up ridiculous crap about transmogs. most transmoggers I see use old raid gear, a few, myself included, make "sets" of matching greens, blues and epics from various places to try and produce a look we want, and the vast majority of people I seen, don't even bother with transmog, period. So this idea that ridiculous items and stuff will pop up everywhere is stupid. To say that restrictions against silly items is confusing is just insulting to the playerbase. I don't think anyone will be confused that they can't transmog a fish as their MH weapon, beyond the fact said fish looks more realistic as a weapon than some of the junk the art team has put out.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=1785 cloth shoulders are small, don't clip and have a lot of good matches with the gold trim. I dunno why they listen to people make up ridiculous crap about transmogs. most transmoggers I see use old raid gear, a few, myself included, make "sets" of matching greens, blues and epics from various places to try and produce a look we want, and the vast majority of people I seen, don't even bother with transmog, period. So this idea that ridiculous items and stuff will pop up everywhere is stupid. To say that restrictions against silly items is confusing is just insulting to the playerbase. I don't think anyone will be confused that they can't transmog a fish as their MH weapon, beyond the fact said fish looks more realistic as a weapon than some of the junk the art team has put out.
    The thing is even with what is currently available it is VERY common to see people that take a female character and transmog them to something that looks very skimpy (thighs/stomach showing, chest piece that looks like a metal bra), and yes I do actually see that rather often. I think a better solution would be for them to take highly requested poor/common quality gear and make green or better versions of it that players can find.

  10. #10
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=15794

    Another example of an item that i want to use for transmog, i have tons of these on my bank in order to sell them, but they are not usable for transmog (this one have 3 similar ones with different colors, however i don't see the point of not making them available for transmog)

    Here is an example of what i intend to do:



    This character have a similar item, but leather, it's called "Ceremonial Leather Loincloth"
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=3315

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    only item i really care about transmogging is my blood knight tabard. i would give anything to be able to transmog it to my really long cape <3<3<3
    Can't you just....wear the tabard?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    Check out the Same Model as Button.
    Yeah, they make it easier now And only one of those is not available.

  13. #13
    I just want them to allow the starting area armor for Pandaren and Worgen and Goblins to be mogged. They have some of the highest resolution textures you can get pre level 60. Weapons too, those sai the Pandaren rogues get are awesome starting out.

    I don't want a bunch of stupid fish and thongs available though.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    And come on down and check out our WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I just want them to allow the starting area armor for Pandaren and Worgen and Goblins to be mogged. They have some of the highest resolution textures you can get pre level 60. Weapons too, those sai the Pandaren rogues get are awesome starting out.

    I don't want a bunch of stupid fish and thongs available though.
    I agree with that, same with those amazing Blood elf leather and mail armor designs, and those Pandaren mail and robes.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Can't you just....wear the tabard?
    yes, but like, take the tabard and put it's colors on a cloak, and wear the tabard at the same time. transmog the look of the blood knight tabard to a cape.

  16. #16
    Seems like this was more of a "please make better gear to accentuate boobs" thread disguised as a newbie armor xmog thread

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    yes, but like, take the tabard and put it's colors on a cloak, and wear the tabard at the same time. transmog the look of the blood knight tabard to a cape.
    I don't see any problem with tabards, for example: i love the Argent Crusade tabard and i always use it on my paladin.

  18. #18
    i don't have a problem with tabards. i'd just like a cloak to match it. get all blood knighty up in silvermoon. which is why i would like to put it's look onto a cape so i could wear both at the same time. extra blood knight-tastic.

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The thing is even with what is currently available it is VERY common to see people that take a female character and transmog them to something that looks very skimpy (thighs/stomach showing, chest piece that looks like a metal bra), and yes I do actually see that rather often. I think a better solution would be for them to take highly requested poor/common quality gear and make green or better versions of it that players can find.
    How is revealing gear ridiculous, silly or absurd? Orcs in art are practically naked when they are fighting, not clad in spiked metal armour.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •