1. #1

    Problem with channeling spells

    So i've been running into this for the past few weeks and was wondering if its been happening to anyone else. Randomly halfway threw a fight anytime i channel maelfic grasp or drain soul, after the very first tick on my dot bar the spell cancels itself and i have to start up a new channel. There seems to be no reason like literally it just starts 2 min into a fight does it for a min then goes away. It is EXTREMELY annoying. I don't use any macros for my channels and i really only use the base elvui for addons and a few minor ones like loggerhead. The resto shaman in our group said this was happening on a few of his spells to, anyone else getting it or have any idea?

  2. #2
    I noticed this too , but i thought it´s happening because of lagg .. and it happens not very often for me .

  3. #3
    This happens to me when I'm OOM. Since the channel costs 4500 to cast and 4500 for every second, it will cancel itself when you go OOM. No idea what it can be if this isnt the case.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,161
    Do you have an on use trinket macro'ed into your channel? If you do spamming the button will cause the cast to cancel in order to pop the trinket \ engi gloves.

  5. #5
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,425
    You are going OOM. happens to me occasionally when i am worrying about the other raiders and not myself

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    You are going OOM. happens to me occasionally when i am worrying about the other raiders and not myself
    ^ This right here, I don't know how many times when I'm trying to pay attention to what everyone else in the raid is doing and I notice my channels keep canceling early, then realize I'm OOM.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Sayier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Small Town, Maine
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Do you have an on use trinket macro'ed into your channel? If you do spamming the button will cause the cast to cancel in order to pop the trinket \ engi gloves.
    You can spam the button for channeled casts and it won't ruin that cast? Since when?

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    You can spam the button for channeled casts and it won't ruin that cast? Since when?
    You have been able to clip channeled spells like you would a dot for some time, it isn't exactly spam, but if you try to activate a trinket during chain casting a channel it will stop it.

  9. #9
    Like others said you're probably going OOM as these spells cost mana per tick.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Sayier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Small Town, Maine
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    You have been able to clip channeled spells like you would a dot for some time, it isn't exactly spam, but if you try to activate a trinket during chain casting a channel it will stop it.
    I feel like a remember in Wrath Shadow Priests complaining about clipping issues with mind flay, I haven't paid attention to it since then. Good to know.

  11. #11
    Wow ii never even thought about going oom i normally dont pay to much attention to mana when im watching other stuff, but now that i think of it it stops after me life tapping. Thanks a ton i feel like a dummy that i never even thought of that

  12. #12
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    149
    Isnt there a macro command thats like /cast [nochannel] drain soul? Or whatever spell, so its spamable and wont trigger til the current channel is done/canceled?
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Isnt there a macro command thats like /cast [nochannel] drain soul? Or whatever spell, so its spamable and wont trigger til the current channel is done/canceled?
    Don't.

    No.

    Stop.


    That makes it so you can't cast it until the current channel ends, yes. The problem is that casting the same channel while currently channeling it will not cause you to lose anything. It works exactly like casting a DoT early.

    The only time clipping ever occurs is when you cancel a channel early to cast/channel a different spell. In that case you'll lose any ticks/time that haven't happened yet.

  14. #14
    Back in Dragon Soul on my Priest during the Hagara encounter, my mind flays and mind sears would cancel their channels sporadically. That was the only encounter that ever happened in though.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    Back in Dragon Soul on my Priest during the Hagara encounter, my mind flays and mind sears would cancel their channels sporadically. That was the only encounter that ever happened in though.
    It was a known bug/issue that was (afaik) never fixed where getting focused by the beams/ice things (as in the beam targets you, not getting hit) would interrupt any channels you were actively casting, but not casts.

  16. #16
    Sometimes (rare) I have an annoying problem with MG, DL and DS when I receive a message like this: "The spell is not ready"
    WTF??
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Sometimes (rare) I have an annoying problem with MG, DL and DS when I receive a message like this: "The spell is not ready"
    WTF??
    Do you have them macro'd to DS or a trinket?
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •