Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroic Lei Shi Managing Stacks

    What is the method or strategy as far as how many people should active maintain stacks, and when should one let the stacks drop off. Currently we are letting 2 people gain stacks, and times letting one get to 20 stacks before reseting it, while the other one will drop at 10 stacks to avoid draining the healers. Do stacks even need to go to 20 or whats the most effective way of doing this.

  2. #2
    2 ranged + 1 tank.

    2 ranged take 7 stacks max and come in and out of raid (for specials) and extra dps

    1 tank takes 20 stacks and keeps stacking it ready for the final 40% > 0% nuke phase.

    personally i'd use 2 mages + any tank as mages can blink in and out but a warlock works just as well

    the tank will only move in after Get Away because if your raid is taking damage from the extra stacks during that it can lead to a fast wipe, +70% raid damage during Get Away is easily healable with AM or a Rallying
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-12-13 at 05:05 PM.

  3. #3
    Does that mean you 3 tank?

  4. #4
    yes

    dk + pala take boss, warrior on stack duty (also helps killing the elemental faster as he just tanks it with a CD or 2)

  5. #5
    Thank you for that info, Still interested in hearing other methods well.

  6. #6
    Mages imo are best class for this, warlocks close 2nd. Stacking both up to 20 so you take an insurance policy out on them stacks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Favorite View Post
    Mages imo are best class for this, warlocks close 2nd. Stacking both up to 20 so you take an insurance policy out on them stacks.
    does it get sketchy with 2 people at 20 stacks, as far as the healers keeping them up?

  8. #8
    10 man or 25 man?

    25 man requires some HoP and sometimes 1 of them will die/mess up the stacks so you still have 1 going. At that point we're switching heals to the higher stacks (Self explainitory)

    In 10 man I'd assume you can only keep up one set of 20 stacks.

    What are you currently wiping to anyway or are you just looking to improve the kill

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,167
    How we did it was 3 dps rotating stacks, reseting around ~17. On the pull 2 of the soakers would rotate in and out while the 3rd just built stacks, once the 3rd person got to 10 stacks he would stay on full time, rotating for a few seconds to reset.

    In the end how it worked out was we generally had one person at low stacks ~5, a second ~10, and a 3rd at high stacks. This let us maintain consistent high stacks on the boss without having more then one person at high stacks, and without being in danger of having no stacks if the person dies.

    To add, Demonic Gateway on this fight is really awesome, for a soaker switch during get away. Made it really smooth switching people in \ out.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Favorite View Post
    10 man or 25 man?

    25 man requires some HoP and sometimes 1 of them will die/mess up the stacks so you still have 1 going. At that point we're switching heals to the higher stacks (Self explainitory)

    In 10 man I'd assume you can only keep up one set of 20 stacks.

    What are you currently wiping to anyway or are you just looking to improve the kill
    only a few attempts into the boss, and trying to heal 2 people with high amount of stacks in 10 man gets tough. So I was just looking for the best method to effectively manage the stacks and up time of stacks on boss.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by ripperman View Post
    What is the method or strategy as far as how many people should active maintain stacks, and when should one let the stacks drop off. Currently we are letting 2 people gain stacks, and times letting one get to 20 stacks before reseting it, while the other one will drop at 10 stacks to avoid draining the healers. Do stacks even need to go to 20 or whats the most effective way of doing this.
    There are a ton of ways to manage them but the best I have seen is 2 Mages and 1 Hunter. Warlock Portal for Mages to get in quick and make sure all your pallies in the raid have Hand of Purity. Between rolling Purity on the high stack Mages and sacrifice no one should die and you should be able to maintain the stacks.

    The fail part of this encounter is no easy way to watch stacks should have been a debuff on the boss imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  12. #12
    Hm, what makes Mages superior in doing the stacking here?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    There are a ton of ways to manage them but the best I have seen is 2 Mages and 1 Hunter. Warlock Portal for Mages to get in quick and make sure all your pallies in the raid have Hand of Purity. Between rolling Purity on the high stack Mages and sacrifice no one should die and you should be able to maintain the stacks.

    The fail part of this encounter is no easy way to watch stacks should have been a debuff on the boss imo.
    You can track the stacks on the boss with TellMeWhen.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    Question concerning 10ppl:
    Our raidcomp:
    Tanks: Feral Druid and Prot Warrior
    Healers: Holy Pal, Resto Shaman and Disc Priest.
    DPS: Fire Mage, Kitty, BM Hunter, Frost DK and me as Aff Warlock.

    Who should stack the debuff and how many stacks will do?

  15. #15
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,641
    If you do three heals you will probably have to have three people maintaining relatively high stacks.

    Two heals is sketchy but requires a bit less coordination with maintaining stacks.

    Anything in your comp works honestly. Probably your lock, mage and hunter though. Not your melee DPS.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    You can track the stacks on the boss with TellMeWhen.
    there is a debuff on the boss. it's called Scary Fog.
    Shootz' Law (Cya Godwin)
    As an MMO-Champion discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving 25s and 10s approaches 1. In other words, Shootz observed that, given enough time, in any MMO-Champion discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison between 25s and 10s.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question concerning 10ppl:
    Our raidcomp:
    Tanks: Feral Druid and Prot Warrior
    Healers: Holy Pal, Resto Shaman and Disc Priest.
    DPS: Fire Mage, Kitty, BM Hunter, Frost DK and me as Aff Warlock.

    Who should stack the debuff and how many stacks will do?
    Firemage, blink to melee range on get away so the shield breaks in a few secondes.

    ~25stacks at the end of the fight is more than enough.
    Boulé, healing druid, EU-Arak-arahm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey
    So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    Stacks drop if you get out of the circle she has, right?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Stacks drop if you get out of the circle she has, right?
    They refresh every 9-10 secs and drop if you're IN the circle. I believe the refresh is on its on timer, meaning the timer doesn't start when you leave the circle, you can happen to run out and have it refresh the moment or not refresh after 10 secs.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2012-12-17 at 08:04 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    They refresh every 9-10 secs and drop if you're IN the circle. I believe the refresh is on its on timer, meaning the timer doesn't start when you leave the circle, you can happen to run out and have it refresh the moment or not refresh after 10 secs.
    I don't get sorry
    It means when you're OUTSIDE the circle the stacks return to 0, and when you're INSIDE the melee range of the boss it stops stacking or what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •