Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    In the Tour De France it's customary that if a contender crashes, the peloton slows and lets him catch up.

    There is honor in being a good sport. Dusting a non-competitive team means nothing, and it is in fact why I don't give two shits about USA basketball teams in the Olympics.
    So you'd rather the mens professional team stop trying to let the other team catch up? That is one of the most retarded things Ive read on this forum. "Sorry were better than you here take the ball and get a few dunks and layups so the score will be closer."

    I dont have a problem with this game. If your team sucks than your team sucks. Its not your opponents fault you cant play basketball worth a crap, its yours. Instead of whining that they ran up the score how about you actually play defense and stop them? Run some plays to make quality shots? What is wrong with people. This is High School. These arent kids in the 3rd grade.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-12-16 at 02:46 PM.

  2. #122
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    In the Tour De France it's customary that if a contender crashes, the peloton slows and lets him catch up.

    There is honor in being a good sport. Dusting a non-competitive team means nothing, and it is in fact why I don't give two shits about USA basketball teams in the Olympics.
    Yes, but the winners did actually let the opponent score once for the honour. Which is as far as Dutch football goes, the way it's supposed to be. You'd also give the ball back if somebody got injured or you say nice shot in a tennis match. Nevertheless, if can't stand losing you shouldn't enter the game. In tennis I'll win with 6-0 6-0 if I can, no reason to go easy on somebody. I play in the senior league and if I play a younger contestent I won't go easy either (there is a junior league after all!), if you can't stand your loss, don't play! Same applies here!
    Last edited by Ethes; 2012-12-16 at 02:51 PM. Reason: wrote losing twice in a row, like a pro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Yes, but the winners did actually let the opponent score once for the honour. Which is as far as Dutch football goes, the way it's supposed to be. You'd also give the ball back if somebody got injured or you say nice shot in a tennis match. Nevertheless, if can't stand losing you shouldn't enter the game. In tennis I'll win with 6-0 6-0 if I can, no reason to go easy on somebody. I play in the senior league and if I play a younger contestent I won't go easy either (there is a junior league after all!), if you can't stand your loss, don't play! Same applies here!
    You know, you make it sound like they stoped moving just so the other team could literally get a score in, and that would be sad. Truthfully, whatever they "did" to allow them to score, what the fuck is the point? Why in the hell (not only should but) WOULD you "go easy" on someone? I really don't get why you should feel the need to go light on someone because they suck.

    I can't fathom another guy saying a soccer team had a rule saying if you are up 5 goals you CAN'T score another until the other team gets one. What happens if you say "fuck it I'm scoring a 6th" do they make you forfeit or penalize you or something?


    This is some of the most asinine kind of stuff I've ever read.

  4. #124
    Honestly, if I was playing any sort of Pro or Compedative sport, and my opponent was not giving it 100%, I would be personally insulted.

    If the other guy / team can thrash me, he / she / they can thrash me. I think it is insulting to believe that my opponent is expected to give me free shots at appearing to be good in the name of "sportsmanship". That's not Sportsmanship, thats freaking pity, plain and simple.

  5. #125
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, you make it sound like they stoped moving just so the other team could literally get a score in, and that would be sad. Truthfully, whatever they "did" to allow them to score, what the fuck is the point? Why in the hell (not only should but) WOULD you "go easy" on someone? I really don't get why you should feel the need to go light on someone because they suck.

    I can't fathom another guy saying a soccer team had a rule saying if you are up 5 goals you CAN'T score another until the other team gets one. What happens if you say "fuck it I'm scoring a 6th" do they make you forfeit or penalize you or something?


    This is some of the most asinine kind of stuff I've ever read.
    Speaking of hilarious stuff, aperently you can get charged for IDON'TKNOWWHAT if you score in a dodgey manner. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20436292
    So yea, aperently there are things you're not supposed to do but I do find it completely nuts that you'll actually get punished for it by the FIFA

    Edit: I'm not saying I think that's how it should be, I was just pointing out that's the way people generally think about it in NL
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  6. #126
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,705
    The Shaktar one was bad sportsmanship. When the ball is put out of play to stop the game to attend to injury, the other side tends to give the ball back to the goalkeeper, resetting play.

    The guy latched on a free ball and scored an easy goal.

  7. #127
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    The Shaktar one was bad sportsmanship. When the ball is put out of play to stop the game to attend to injury, the other side tends to give the ball back to the goalkeeper, resetting play.

    The guy latched on a free ball and scored an easy goal.
    Yeah, pretty much a douche move as far as I'm concerned. But just winning cause you're much better isn't in my book!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  8. #128
    107-0 thats sad

  9. #129
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,069
    Survival of the fittest is law. Everything society does tries to move us away from that law, tries to even things out for the weaker, slower, less intelligent. I am not here to say it is right or wrong, just kinda laying it out - and this sporting event shows it at its best. The winning team did not follow societies "be nice" rules... and tonight they will be feasting on gazelle (ha in this case more like wildebeasts). Who is to say which way is right, we know which way is nice - but is nice right? does it prepare you for the real fight? Again, I'm not trying to say which is right here - but the tiger and lion do not have fangs, claws, muscles and speed to look pretty. They are the tools (time, evolution, god) that have been given to them to survive and prosper and we surely have tools also given to us for the same reason. Should we hold back when it seems the matchup is not fair? Is life supposed to be fair?

    I like philosophy so I just put this out there to see what anyone out there thinks.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-12-16 at 04:14 PM.

  10. #130
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Speaking of girls' basketball teams, does anyone know if there is an anime series besides Ro-Kyu-Bu focusing on female basketball?

    I know there are plenty focusing on males such as Slam Dunk, Kuroko no Basuke and Real! but there don't seem to be many about girls' sports in general. Baseball's pretty much in the same boat, there's a bunch like Touch, Big Windup, Major, etc. but only Taisho Baseball Girls I've found showing a female team.

  11. #131
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,705
    Please don't necro threads, feel free to start a new thread on your topic however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •