Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Blackwidow Ultimate backlights seem to be broken o.o

I've only had the keyboard like 4 weeks and the backlights have been working fine. I've always had the lights set to go off when the display sleeps, but this time Windows restarted and I haven't been able to get the backlights on again. I've gone into Synapse and tried manually turning them off and back on, tried unchecking "turn lights off when display is off" but that doesn't even respond to anything. Tried unplugging and replugging it in, etc. Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    return it, and get a higher quality keyboard

the blackwidow is an entry level mechanical at best(it's one of the worst mechanicals on the market), and generally has a bunch of quality control issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    return it, and get a higher quality keyboard

the blackwidow is an entry level mechanical at best(it's one of the worst mechanicals on the market), and generally has a bunch of quality control issues
    I really have not heard too many complaints on the blackwidows actually. Now I have been hearing a bunch of good things about the selection from coolermaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I really have not heard too many complaints on the blackwidows actually. Now I have been hearing a bunch of good things about the selection from coolermaster.
    They suffer from the same issues most Razer keyboards (mechanical or rubber dome) suffer from, namely:
    • Cheap plastic parts.
    • Random keys ceasing to work, only way to fix it is to unplug the keyboard then plug it back in.

OP: I agree with Cyanotical - return the Blackwidow and get a higher quality mechanical keyboard instead (Corsair, Cooler Master, Ducky, Das, ZOWIE and Logitech all make great mechanical keyboards).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, every single person I know who has this keyboard says its fine and have had it much longer than I have. Happened with the Naga to -_-. Am I just a magnet for failed components or what.

So, how is the Logitech G710? I can make a straight up exchange at BestBuy since it's the same price basically.

The G710 has cherry brown switches . Do they offer blue or any other switches?
    Last edited by Bryce; 2012-12-13 at 06:50 PM.

had same problem(cant unckeck "turn lights off when display is off", lights turned off). create new profile and delete old one. helped me

clip2net.com/s/2BmL8 this one
    Last edited by Warak; 2012-12-13 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Sigh, every single person I know who has this keyboard says its fine and have had it much longer than I have. Happened with the Naga to -_-. Am I just a magnet for failed components or what.
    Like all Razer products, it is hit or miss. Some people own it for years and never have an issue, some people have issues immediately.

So, how is the Logitech G710? I can make a straight up exchange at BestBuy since it's the same price basically.
    I've only heard good things about it, but it's not been out for very long, issues might arise as people break them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The G710 has cherry brown switches . Do they offer blue or any other switches?
    no, if you want backlit and a selection of switches, you need to get a ducky

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/inde...uct_list&c=117

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    no, if you want backlit and a selection of switches, you need to get a ducky

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/inde...uct_list&c=117
    CM keyboards have backlit options and every switch you can think of! Stop pushing your expensive duckies on us! We dont has money like you!!!!! Lol <3

Just had this problem. Deleting the profile and making a new one worked for me, give it a shot.