10+ Year Old Account

Character selection screen background question

Not sure if this is the subforum, but I have a question. I noticed that in a friend's computer, the char selection screen for all races is the same per faction. SW for Alliance and Orgri for Horde. The question is; is there an option somewhere where you can change that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. All background images were migrated soon after Mists dropped. For some time after Mists launched, only the human/orc had their home city background and the rest kept their old backgrounds. That changed soon.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I play on my mac, the backgrounds are all SW keep.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

My DK still has the DK background, but my others are now their home cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Nope. All background images were migrated soon after Mists dropped. For some time after Mists launched, only the human/orc had their home city background and the rest kept their old backgrounds. That changed soon.
    But I still have all the racial backgrounds for my characters, even the dk get their class one! Ans its even weirder because my friends copied my WoW folder to avoid downloading the game from scratch (crappy connection)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Not sure if this is the subforum, but I have a question. I noticed that in a friend's computer, the char selection screen for all races is the same per faction. SW for Alliance and Orgri for Horde. The question is; is there an option somewhere where you can change that?
    I had this for a short while, 2 days ago.. All my toons were displayed in Org..
    Next time I started the game, background was back to normal, and still is..

Only happened once, and no idea why..

It flutters around on me.

I went the entire MoP expansion up until the middle of November, and then I had the universal Stormwind background for one day. The next day, it was back to normal with all races having their own individual character background. This universal background returned for 12 hours about a week ago.

Another PC in the same household has never seen this Stormwind background.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a related note, my dk is half size on the character selection screen. anyone else have that problem?been an issue since pre mop patch on ptr, carried over to pre mop patch on live, then to mop launch and still half sized dk in 5.1 patch. ive even gotten a new hard drive and downloaded wow from scratch so i know the problem is on blizzard's end not mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    on a related note, my dk is half size on the character selection screen. anyone else have that problem?been an issue since pre mop patch on ptr, carried over to pre mop patch on live, then to mop launch and still half sized dk in 5.1 patch. ive even gotten a new hard drive and downloaded wow from scratch so i know the problem is on blizzard's end not mine.
    My belf DK also looks small, at least smaller than my other chars. I think its because the DK bg is the same size for all races and the camara POV is fixed.