Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I didn't miss anything, thank you.

I may have cut way back on posting here (for good reason) but that doesn't mean I don't still read.
    Does not compute.

He can defend himself though. Pick your targets from the drive by peanut gallery.

It's amusing that you would get this upset about fairness in a small segment of the game that you overtly and unabashedly despise.

I get that there are problems with the market and with the F2P implementation in general, but there's entirely too much pitchforking anger and a disturbing lack of perspective in here -- I believe it's called "hyperbole". You (speaking more generally now) make it very difficult to participate in these forums.
    First off, if I am reducing your participation in these forums I am most likely doing you a favor.

Second, if you are not vocal against selling the top end gear for RLM (USD, Euro, ect) in one aspect of the game, they will see no reason to not expand into others. By being silent about this, you essentially are green lighting the sale of elite war hero gear in the cash shop.
    Now, I know that EA/BW probably don't read these forums, but on the off chance they manage to poke their heads into the, what? second most active swtor forum? They should expect to see our honest opinions about selling the top tier of gear, even if it is for the shittiest space game I have ever seen, for RLM.
    Also, pushing back against this is important because setting the precedent that "space gear can be bought for RLM" will become extremely problematic if they ever expand the space game to include PVP or group content.

But if you are okay with Swtor going gently into that good night of P2W, just keep quiet.

I know I am starting to reach that point.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I really would like to hear which MMO you think doesn't have P2W. WoW has P2W, because you can sell real money pet for gold which gives you an edge.. They also sell mounts using real money so that's P2W. Planetside 2 is full of P2W.. hell. I think P2W is the strategy of that game.

In the end, I never really felt BW did anything revolutionary that made SWTOR more P2W than any other major MMO out there.

Keep in mind that

1. You are not getting BH comm for free, you still have to fly those space missions!
    2. It doesn't affect PVP at all!
    3. All BH can give you is the 3rd best gear tier in the game... Any hardcore pve guild would be ahead of that curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    I really would like to hear which MMO you think doesn't have P2W. WoW has P2W, because you can sell real money pet for gold which gives you an edge.. They also sell mounts using real money so that's P2W. Planetside 2 is full of P2W.. hell. I think P2W is the strategy of that game.

In the end, I never really felt BW did anything revolutionary that made SWTOR more P2W than any other major MMO out there.

Keep in mind that

1. You are not getting BH comm for free, you still have to fly those space missions!
    2. It doesn't affect PVP at all!
    3. All BH can give you is the 3rd best gear tier in the game... Any hardcore pve guild would be ahead of that curve.
    That's not P2W. It's legitimized gold selling. Other than that, it gives no distinct advantage if you have a few hundred more gold than somebody else. And, really, buying a mount that does absolutely nothing for you is P2W? You're just talking out of your ass, right?

1. It doesn't matter if you still have to do the space missions. Are the space missions harder without the gear? Yes? Then you're paying to win the space missions. You could pay for the best weapon possible off of a cash shop, but it doesn't automatically make it possible for you to kill everybody or do the most DPS. It just gives you a distinct advantage over somebody unwilling to pay for that gear.

2. Who cares? Why does something have to affect PvP in order to be P2W in some people's minds?

3. They also award 5 daily commendations per daily mission. You buy BiS relics with daily commendations.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 09:37 PM ----------

It's amusing that you would get this upset about fairness in a small segment of the game that you overtly and unabashedly despise.

I get that there are problems with the market and with the F2P implementation in general, but there's entirely too much pitchforking anger and a disturbing lack of perspective in here -- I believe it's called "hyperbole". You (speaking more generally now) make it very difficult to participate in these forums.
    If anybody is showing a lack of perspective, it's you. The perspective here is the fact that they are toeing the waters of selling high end gear for cash. If somebody can't see that, they are blind. And it's not like we who disagree with these actions are in the minority. The furor caused by people who actually subscribe to the game brought about a response from the devs. Devs who have barely responded to shit in the past (Server merger backlash, anybody?). It's not just about the fact that it's a mini game (that also gives relevant currency), but about the precedent it has now set for this game moving forward. If you can't see things from that perspective, you're lacking it.

Stuff like this makes it really hard to find a possible positive reason why they did it. Maybe whoever put them in the Cartel Market thought it was too damn hard to get them ingame? (joking)

Currently the only thing you can't transfer into ingame advantage is PvP gear as nobody can craft the mods. However this does not hold up for PvE gear = sell your Cartel Market Items and get the mods you want.