1. #1

    How are legendaries working this expansion now?

    I'm still slightly confused with the new system for legendaries. From what I read/heard, we will progressing through only one legendary weapon throughout the expansion and anyone can do it.

    As of 5.1, how far can you go with the legendary? Can you obtain the +500 gem yet? If you can make the LFR weapon drops your legendary, [as well as normal/heroic] are there going to be different ilvl legendaries?

    And will each weapons thats capable for the legendary upgrade get their models per upgrade?

    And finally, how many people are likely to obtain the complete legendary set compared to past legendaries?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I'm still slightly confused with the new system for legendaries. From what I read/heard, we will progressing through only one legendary weapon throughout the expansion and anyone can do it.

    As of 5.1, how far can you go with the legendary? Can you obtain the +500 gem yet? If you can make the LFR weapon drops your legendary, [as well as normal/heroic] are there going to be different ilvl legendaries?

    And will each weapons thats capable for the legendary upgrade get their models per upgrade?

    And finally, how many people are likely to obtain the complete legendary set compared to past legendaries?
    You can get the +500 gem now. One of the next steps after that requires you to earn 6000 Valor, so thats a pretty hefty gate that most are working on right now.

    The rest of the details you asked about are unknown at this time, though it appears that this legendary will be much more common than previous ones, as everyone can work on it. It seems they went the route of awarding long term dedication to a task throughout the entire expansion rather than a comparatively short process that only a small number of people will complete.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  3. #3
    yea sounds like legendaries are something everyone will be able to experience now. imo they shouldn't be called legendaries

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,638
    I think all will get a legendary, but I have a feeling that you have to finish a future raid in heroic mode to acquire certain items to complete your weapon. So, yes most people will have an unfinished legendary while only a very small percentage will complete it and acquire an additional effect.

    if not, then ye, legendaries have lost their status. Incoming Artefacts? (not that i support this, we already have lots of differentiation of gear)

  5. #5
    Maybe we should change the name of them to "semi-fancifuls"?

    ::rimshot::

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    960
    And let the Casual Vs Hardcore fight begin again!

    I'm quite happy that they are handling legendaries in this manner, a very long process that requires some luck, but everyone willing to dedicate the time/resources can eventually achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

  7. #7
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,786
    You can get the gems through LFR.

    Blizz has said you will not be able to get the legendary weapon through LFR.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    We still have 2 patches to go before the full legendary weapons are unveiled. Right now Blizz is wetting our appetites with these Sha-touched gems.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I think all will get a legendary, but I have a feeling that you have to finish a future raid in heroic mode to acquire certain items to complete your weapon. So, yes most people will have an unfinished legendary while only a very small percentage will complete it and acquire an additional effect.

    if not, then ye, legendaries have lost their status. Incoming Artefacts? (not that i support this, we already have lots of differentiation of gear)

    Not going to happen. If you can acquire start it in LFR then nothing higher will be required. Nothing like a kick to the nuts of LFR only raiders to be blocked by saying oops now you need to do heroic raids to finish.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 09:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You can get the gems through LFR.

    Blizz has said you will not be able to get the legendary weapon through LFR.
    Link the quote. I have never seen a response claiming that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 09:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    We still have 2 patches to go before the full legendary weapons are unveiled. Right now Blizz is wetting our appetites with these Sha-touched gems.
    At least. For all we know we could see 3 non raid patches and 3 raid patches (my hope). We don't know how long this will drag out. Hell we may not be able to finish until we complete SoO.

  10. #10
    I really hope the steps in this questline dont have to be repeated per weapon, ie: you get the normal axe, upgrade it, but get a heroic one later. now, I know you can buy a new gem, but will this be the case for all stages of the quest?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •