Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    That will make people only half happy, and half dissapointed/angry
    No, compromise isn't black and white. It's coming to an accord on what everyone who is involved and has a say in can accept and tolerate, even if it's not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

[/COLOR]How so? Horde gets smart, Alliance gets an Emperor. That will be the Alliance's turn to fuck up because a bloody "High King" is synonymous with an Emperor, not a Supreme Allied commander (like Saurfang during Might of Kalimdor).
    Not according to Chris Metzen.

Besides, positions with less power then their title implies aren't exactly a new thing. There are probably dozens of kings and queens in real life who are only a figureheads.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    We had such good experiences with the shadow council i guess ?
    The horde will have a new warchief.

Deleted
    I've always liked the idea of a tribal council for the orcs, the clans re-emerging as actual clans, and their leaders sit and discuss what to do and how.

Dealings like "These four clans in southern Kalimdor will send military up to Ashenvale for the next six months, in return they will receive first pick at any spoils of war, and the best lumber, for the duration of the deal."

Sorta like when vikings had to make deals before they could go pillaging. "Well, I don't wanna send my men to raid England unless I can get X"

I mean, we already have a leader council type thingy in Ironforge, would it be that hard to implement for the Orcs?

I know that it will most likely never happen, but I still want to see it happen. :P

Quote Originally Posted by kimx1636 View Post
    I've always liked the idea of a tribal council for the orcs, the clans re-emerging as actual clans, and their leaders sit and discuss what to do and how.

Dealings like "These four clans in southern Kalimdor will send military up to Ashenvale for the next six months, in return they will receive first pick at any spoils of war, and the best lumber, for the duration of the deal."

Sorta like when vikings had to make deals before they could go pillaging. "Well, I don't wanna send my men to raid England unless I can get X"

I mean, we already have a leader council type thingy in Ironforge, would it be that hard to implement for the Orcs?

I know that it will most likely never happen, but I still want to see it happen. :P
    I'd say they do have something similar to this tribal council set up right now -- but Garrosh with his hubris and excessive machismo (orc-chismo?) both disrespects and depreciates their input.

Deleted
    While I think it'd be great if the Horde moved towards being more democratic in its leadership, even if it is some kind of democratic centralism, like the Soviet Central Committee, where the 'democracy' is the unelected leaders discussing issues and then voting on actions to take, I don't know if Blizzard would take away such a trademark aspect of the Horde. As Garrosh says, he is the Horde and Thrall was the Horde before him.

I suppose a re-structuring of the Horde would compliment Wrathion's monologue rapping on "What is Horde?" and it would also open up the opportunity for plenty of highly tense internal-political drama, with Sylvanas and maybe Gallywix (if he doesn't wind up dead by the end of the expansion) vetoing powers on important issues. It would make the divide in the philosophies of Horde member races even more apparent. Plus, it would be an interesting and ironic role-reversal if the Horde became more democratic as the Alliance must comply to the decries of their 'High King'. But, I just can't see them getting rid of the position, at least when referring to leader of the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The horde needs a leader or the forsaken is going to plague everyone and being a blood elf myself i like my pretty living face.

In before "there must always be a warchief" lichking parody! :P

in all honesty I can see there always being a warchief. Maybe with more power going to the other races in the horde but always with a warchief in general charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Off topic, but your signature is weird. What is it?
    something festive
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    something festive
    It looks like a semi naked barbershop group. I also am not sure i'd want the Horde to be run by a group of leaders. What always made the horde unique was that we had one person calling the shots and we had other chiefs/leaders under him who would do their own things but when ordered to they would gather the troops for war. The alliance is semi moving this way but only in a military sense with Varian being in charge other than that its a council of nations.