Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    doing dailys as affliction with multiple mobs whats my best strategy?

    do i bite the bullet and pull out the blue pet?

    I tend to enjoy the solo sacraficed affliction work and the stuff does die but multiple mobs may become an issue.

    any comments?

  2. #2
    Use Glyph of Soul Consumption. Dot everything up (SB-SS), focus one target, Haunt+MG -> DS. Rinse, repeat. As long as you can keep dots rolling and keep souldraining targets 1 by 1, you'll overheal most damage, even from 5+ mobs at once. If you bite more than you can chew remember you have healthstone, Unending Resolve, Deathcoil...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Use Glyph of Soul Consumption. Dot everything up (SB-SS), focus one target, Haunt+MG -> DS. Rinse, repeat. As long as you can keep dots rolling and keep souldraining targets 1 by 1, you'll overheal most damage, even from 5+ mobs at once. If you bite more than you can chew remember you have healthstone, Unending Resolve, Deathcoil...
    you mean mortal coil?

    should i give up shadow fury for it?

  4. #4
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,355
    Multi-dot, SS: health funnel. At least thats what I do, generally dont need to combat more than 3-4 mobs anyway.
    Shadowfury thrown in and haunt burst. Key is really to always replenish shards with DS. 3 dots +3 haunts on any target is a really quick way to kill any target.
    The best thing about Kremlin posters is that as soon as you voice something they have to mention the US.
    Their awe and love for the US is truly great and I commend them for their love of their fellow men.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Multi-dot, SS: health funnel. At least thats what I do, generally dont need to combat more than 3-4 mobs anyway.
    Shadowfury thrown in and haunt burst. Key is really to always replenish shards with DS. 3 dots +3 haunts on any target is a really quick way to kill any target.
    whats health funnel without a pet? sorry if i sound clued out

  6. #6
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,355
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    whats health funnel without a pet? sorry if i sound clued out
    Im cheap, dont like stuff hitting on me so when doing daily quests i use the void if its daily quests with that got alot of multi pulls.
    Plus im playing WoT and drinking beer so I'm blind and missed "sacraficed"

    If multi pop a SB-Seed, UA on each mob then haunt finish them.
    Use crappy harvets if you got it.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-12-08 at 04:03 PM.
    The best thing about Kremlin posters is that as soon as you voice something they have to mention the US.
    Their awe and love for the US is truly great and I commend them for their love of their fellow men.

  7. #7
    4xSB:SS, MG, DS, soul harvests.
    thats good for 4x90pulls without stuns/silnces, or for 2x90elite.
    voidwalker for rares.

    only works with the glyph, cant do without

  8. #8
    The goat steaks are the worst to mass tag Afflocks really could have fun with a version of Hunters misdirection rather than the fears

  9. #9
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    i usedto use void when i did dailies as aff. but i then decided to try out dark apotheoisis and oh my god i cant beleive i quested without it. i really recommend you try it out!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i usedto use void when i did dailies as aff. but i then decided to try out dark apotheoisis and oh my god i cant beleive i quested without it. i really recommend you try it out!
    that the demonology tanking thing?

  11. #11
    DA is OP as fuck, dot everything, immolation aura and harvest life gg

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i usedto use void when i did dailies as aff. but i then decided to try out dark apotheoisis and oh my god i cant beleive i quested without it. i really recommend you try it out!
    i second that. with dark apothesis you can seamlessly pull entire rooms or large-scale areas and almost never have to worry about health. 12,15,20 mobs is nothing at all. throw in a few elites in that as well, hell if those wings give a damn.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

  13. #13
    there are not many places where you can pull 12mobs at once. not faster than 4 at a time with affliction,

  14. #14
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    that the demonology tanking thing?
    yes it is. DA single target dps is lacking, but if your gonna be hitting one target, just go normal caster form!

    DA is incredible in aoe pulls. shadowflame/corr on all targets generates enough fury to keep immo aura up. harvest life generates fury while immo aura spends it - they work great together! it really is awsome. and you can use your wrathguard instead of your voidwalker since you will have the aggro! and if your health does start dropping.... thats cool, 200 fury for a ~75k absorb shield on a very short cooldown. carrion swarm foa bit of breathing space... harvest life heals for loads. its just amazing for questing

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    The goat steaks are the worst to mass tag Afflocks really could have fun with a version of Hunters misdirection rather than the fears
    What? Just move when they're about to ram and you don't get hit.

    Absolutely trivial with KJC.

    SB:SS as much as your shards allow, haunt if you get a nightfall proc, otherwise MG then DS. Use Cooldowns liberally.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    should i give up shadow fury for it?
    Shadow Fury is pretty neat for when you happen to pull too much. Brilliant when leveling/questing/grinding.

    The glyph to regain health when a target you're draining dies is also useful. If you pulled four mobs and drain each one for a second just as it dies, that's 80% of your health restored.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  17. #17
    I would go demo as others have said but if your dead set on Aff then yeah get those glyphs that were mentioned, quite mandatory.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I would go demo as others have said but if your dead set on Aff then yeah get those glyphs that were mentioned, quite mandatory.
    shrug I want to get razor razor sharp at the game, as an aff lock. they play so differently and I am really not very good at anything currently.

    Also i use aff dots, and i use the class timers when doing multidoting i STILL find myself losing dots on the mobs and then I start down the "soul swap in error" and Redot the guys with dots, missing guys that don't and the spam tab to cycle the targets again syndrome. I need to get much better at that.

    Using soul consumption, soul shard, siphon life currently.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    do you use tidyplates? it helps with multi dotting loads

  20. #20
    Personally I found DA to be pretty crappy as a fresh 90, seemed like you couldn't put out enough damage to get everything down in a fast enough time to make it worth it. Sure I could usually survive larger pulls, but until you get a bit of gear you'll go faster killing stuff as Aff with the tanking pet out. Once you get the hang of it you can chain pull much easier with Aff and the tanking pet then with DA, as you pull another mob every 6-7 seconds as the taunt comes off CD and have a boat load of monsters attacking your pet as you focus them down. Seemed much faster to me and safer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •