Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    But it isn't impressive. This is not about being butt-hurt, this is about how challenging was all of this? To do this, you need time, motivation, and dedication to even commit yourselves to this. That I can agree is awesome and I like it but the challenge (pve wise) isn't there. The fact that the tank can avoid most of the hits from level 85 bosses while in that level is 80 is just insane and unfair. He just showed a video of soloing heroic Baleroc. That's more than enough proof of how fucked up Blizzard's system is.

Now there will always be various opinions on what challenge is but this isn't challenge, its just "get yourselves to this level, get this blue level 80 gear that has level 85-90 stats on it, and voila very little afterwards". And yes, I realize the irony in that statement.
    Funny how all three of those things you mentioned is what makes something challenging in the first place. You can literally say that about anything and call it not challenging because all it takes is time, motivation, and dedication. I could run a 100m dash in under 9 seconds and it wouldn't be *challenging*, because all it takes is those 3 things by your definition.

It is a challenge to organize such a run with various people (same server / CRZ) using non maxed characters running old raid content.
    It is a challenge to gear up said characters with harder to find BoE gear (via AH hunting, farming mobs, trade chat etc.).

I can respect the fact that people have the drive to organize runs on outdated content and put the effort forth to wipe on the fights.

What I wouldn't call a challenge is lot of these things completely throw most things out the window and trivializes fights (ie. a level 80 DK soloing a 25man heroic Baleroc).

It'd be like back in wrath if I spent the time to level a twink paladin to 60 and maxed it out in BiS gear (AQ40 gear, BC gear w/ wrath gems) + enchants and started 1 shotting people in AV with divine storm. Is that BG I'd be doing a challenge? No. Is the time spent to do all the former things a challenge? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    It is a challenge to organize such a run with various people (same server / CRZ) using non maxed characters running old raid content.
    It is a challenge to gear up said characters with harder to find BoE gear (via AH hunting, farming mobs, trade chat etc.).

I can respect the fact that people have the drive to organize runs on outdated content and put the effort forth to wipe on the fights.

What I wouldn't call a challenge is lot of these things completely throw most things out the window and trivializes fights (ie. a level 80 DK soloing a 25man heroic Baleroc).

It'd be like back in wrath if I spent the time to level a twink paladin to 60 and maxed it out in BiS gear (AQ40 gear, BC gear w/ wrath gems) + enchants and started 1 shotting people in AV with divine storm. Is that BG I'd be doing a challenge? No. Is the time spent to do all the former things a challenge? Yes.
    Fact is, these fights were far from trivialised, in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    very impressive. I recall this fight to be quite hard with current gear and level, but I never imagined someone being able to kill it with 5 less levels...
    KUDOS to everyone of you - on one hand for getting a group together and on the other hand for actually killing the boss.

Nice work
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    Spine was another suprisingly easy boss, even without a disc priest this time (Val'anyr ftw! xD)

Looking at the high incoming damage numbers on Madness, I have a feeling this might be our last Dragon Soul heroic video. We'll still be giving it a damn good try though

the fact is aren't you guys exploiting it all with massive twink gear?..

I've seen the dk who "soloed" he had mitigation cap as a dk..

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    the fact is aren't you guys exploiting it all with massive twink gear?..

I've seen the dk who "soloed" he had mitigation cap as a dk..
    How is wearing the best available gear at that level exploiting?

Deleted
    im quite impressed you guys got so far. goodluck in getting madness hc also !

also i dnt get why people say your exploiting this, prehaps cheesing would be more approriate since you use ilvl400 boe from MoP that are for lvl 80.
    but i would say you put those too good and imagenary use! i myself would never have thought about using such items for this

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    How is wearing the best available gear at that level exploiting?
    uhh simple fact is that gear wasnt available when DS came out, so with over flated stats becoming like that isnt exactly worth bragging....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    uhh simple fact is that gear wasnt available when DS came out, so with over flated stats becoming like that isnt exactly worth bragging....
    Doesn't make it an exploit though, does it? I mean I've seen some far fetched stuff on these boards but really?

Anyhow nice job, looks about as hard as it was progressing "normally".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    tbh the biggest issue is the str-parry scaling. Damage does go up, but dps classes having around 80% buffed (or more) parry is outlandish. But, it looks like nothing impresses people on these boards anyway, so keep on arguing that it wasn't hard or anything. I was in the group, and it was considerably harder than it looks in the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmundo View Post
    Doesn't make it an exploit though, does it? I mean I've seen some far fetched stuff on these boards but really?

Anyhow nice job, looks about as hard as it was progressing "normally".
    Fact of the matter is a "feat" would be doing it in level 80 gear which you and I both know can't be done. So they are doing it in "twink" gear that wasn't available at that time and it makes their stats go sky high which is completely ludicrous.

Deleted
    Fact of the matter is a "feat" would be doing it in level 80 gear which you and I both know can't be done. So they are doing it in "twink" gear that wasn't available at that time and it makes their stats go sky high which is completely ludicrous.
    Idk why everything has to be hard to be considered worth sharing

It's just a cool little thingy and some people like to see this kind of things, nothing more to it really.

It's still likely incredibly hard. Tanks (when they do get hit) must be hit with freight trains going top speed, strats have to be changed to accommodate everything, etc. It's the same as soloing an incredibly hard boss (Like 10H LK); Mione was level 85, using gear not available at the time, using a strategy that was not the norm for the encounter. Does this lessen her accomplishment? By your standards, it should be.

Go ahead, try to say I have it backwards.

Deleted
    Good luck with the HCs! Always been a fan of early raid entry when I can bug the missus to take a leveling alt along you've given it a new meaning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah well, there are no impressive things in wow anymore eh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I'm still not sure about what's happening.
    This is obviously a huge balance issue, and this bug is known for quite a long time, but blizzard does nothing to fix it.
    Probably someone who mentioned it by now - but they aren´t going to since its old content. They don´t really care unless there is some old item that people use at current content to easily go through things.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    That is so impressive.