Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Aelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Maelstrom (EU)
    Posts
    176

    Level 80s vs Dragon Soul

    Thought I'd share the videos of a raid my guild and I did last Saturday, with help from a few friends

    Patch 5.1 made it possible to enter level 85 raids on a level 80 (still unsure of whether that's an intentional change or not), so we pulled together 10 of our decked out level 80s to see how far we could get in Dragon Soul (normal mode). It turned out to be a lot easier than we were expecting, but we had fun regardless. Things should get more interesting this Saturday, when we plan to try it on heroic mode!





    All the players and songs are listed in the video descriptions
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

  2. #2
    I can't open the video here at work, how far did you guys go?

  3. #3
    High Overlord Aelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Maelstrom (EU)
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I can't open the video here at work, how far did you guys go?
    A full 8/8 without much problem We're not amazing players (we made some pretty silly mistakes along the way), but we only wiped twice. Once on Ultraxion (it's not quite possible for pally tanks to get avoidance capped, so he took an unlucky crushing blow) and a little platform-jumping mishap on Madness :P
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

  4. #4
    Holy crap that is amazing lol.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Holy crap that is amazing lol.
    This should not be taken as a insult, but is it just me, or can the tank take any dmg? It does not seem like it
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  6. #6
    Not to take anything away from what the OP did (which is flat out amazing) but is the 30% increase buff still in effect?

    Just goes to show that dps numbers and gear aren't the most important things when it comes to downing bosses.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Not to take anything away from what the OP did (which is flat out amazing) but is the 30% increase buff still in effect?

    Just goes to show that dps numbers and gear aren't the most important things when it comes to downing bosses.
    If they were fully decked out in 400 ilvl gear at 80, the tanks are ALMOST unhittable, the dps have INSANE stats (Crit capped, 20-25% hit, 1.0 sec GCD cap, HUGE amounts of mastery) and the healers could spam flash heal all day without going oom. Heck, with those stats, its possible for some classes that scale REALLY well with secondaries to outpreform what they would do at 85 in the same gear.

    It is still fairly impressive ^.^ How would heroic go?
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    1,009
    go go guys . Hope you make 8/8 hc . i'll be following you to see your progress.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If they were fully decked out in 400 ilvl gear at 80, the tanks are ALMOST unhittable, the dps have INSANE stats (Crit capped, 20-25% hit, 1.0 sec GCD cap, HUGE amounts of mastery) and the healers could spam flash heal all day without going oom. Heck, with those stats, its possible for some classes that scale REALLY well with secondaries to outpreform what they would do at 85 in the same gear.

    It is still fairly impressive ^.^ How would heroic go?
    I'm not aware of any ilvl 400 gear that is equippable before level 85. All Cata raid gear has a level 85 requirement and I'm pretty sure that you can't get ilvl400 quest gear until 84 or 85.

    The highest ilvl you can wear at 80 is... 277 for heroic ICC gear, 284 for heroic Lich King weapons and heroic Ruby Sanctum gear. Possibly a few early cata quest items with slightly higher ilvls, but probably not even that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I'm not aware of any ilvl 400 gear that is equippable before level 85. All Cata raid gear has a level 85 requirement and I'm pretty sure that you can't get ilvl400 quest gear until 84 or 85.

    The highest ilvl you can wear at 80 is... 277 for heroic ICC gear, 284 for heroic Lich King weapons and heroic Ruby Sanctum gear. Possibly a few early cata quest items with slightly higher ilvls, but probably not even that.
    Well, someone needs to do their research...

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87423

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87477

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87467

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87515

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87516

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87422
    Last edited by Kokomala; 2012-12-13 at 09:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I'm not aware of any ilvl 400 gear that is equippable before level 85. All Cata raid gear has a level 85 requirement and I'm pretty sure that you can't get ilvl400 quest gear until 84 or 85.

    The highest ilvl you can wear at 80 is... 277 for heroic ICC gear, 284 for heroic Lich King weapons and heroic Ruby Sanctum gear. Possibly a few early cata quest items with slightly higher ilvls, but probably not even that.
    Actually there is a lot of Cata gear that can be equipped at 80 including the first two Cata Dungeons which reward 306 gear. Although, I believe the person you quoted was talking about the 80 twink gear that MoP brought. Example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=87423

    There is at least a weapon and a few pieces of armor with similar ilvl for every spec.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Help ol Gil Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I'm not aware of any ilvl 400 gear that is equippable before level 85. All Cata raid gear has a level 85 requirement and I'm pretty sure that you can't get ilvl400 quest gear until 84 or 85.

    The highest ilvl you can wear at 80 is... 277 for heroic ICC gear, 284 for heroic Lich King weapons and heroic Ruby Sanctum gear. Possibly a few early cata quest items with slightly higher ilvls, but probably not even that.
    There are a bunch of level 80 ilvl 409 boe blues. Blood tanks/tanks in general can use the cloth items for the amazing secondary stats which will push them over the ~124% Cataclysm boss avoidance table if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Help ol Gil Out; 2012-12-13 at 10:04 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  13. #13
    Would be impressive if you used appropriate ilvl level 80 gear.
    Don't think it would be possible though.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Aelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Maelstrom (EU)
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    This should not be taken as a insult, but is it just me, or can the tank take any dmg? It does not seem like it
    Our tanks had to be unhittable (or close to it) otherwise we'd get insta-gibbed by crushing blows :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Not to take anything away from what the OP did (which is flat out amazing) but is the 30% increase buff still in effect?
    Yeh, the 35% debuff was active. I'd like to think we could've cleared normal mode without it, but I'm not sure as the damage reduction played a major part in allowing us to survive with such low health pools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If they were fully decked out in 400 ilvl gear at 80, the tanks are ALMOST unhittable, the dps have INSANE stats (Crit capped, 20-25% hit, 1.0 sec GCD cap, HUGE amounts of mastery) and the healers could spam flash heal all day without going oom. Heck, with those stats, its possible for some classes that scale REALLY well with secondaries to outpreform what they would do at 85 in the same gear.

    It is still fairly impressive ^.^ How would heroic go?
    It's true that we have some insane stat inflation at level 80 right now due to the handful of 409 items available to us, but one caveat was the higher hit caps since the bosses count as level 88s (we estimated 20% hit + 20% exp for melee and 70% hit for ranged). The main issue was surviving spike damage with our lack of health though (tanks with ~90k and dps/healers with 50-60k), which was made a lot easier with the disc priests bubbles but will be even more problematic when we give heroic a try.
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

  15. #15
    Brewmaster Help ol Gil Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Would be impressive if you used appropriate ilvl level 80 gear.
    Don't think it would be possible though.
    Even then it wouldn't impress you, right?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Even then it wouldn't impress you, right?
    no it would.
    the bosses hit for a lot of damage, most likely over half of a tank in hicc gear.
    but seeing as the tanks can't even get hit by melee damage it's pretty meh.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    no it would.
    the bosses hit for a lot of damage, most likely over half of a tank in hicc gear.
    but seeing as the tanks can't even get hit by melee damage it's pretty meh.
    with how many guilds got stuck at ultraxion due to enrage, killing him with 80's is damn impressive in my eyes. what do people need to do to get some kind of credit here?

  18. #18
    I'm still not sure about what's happening.
    This is obviously a huge balance issue, and this bug is known for quite a long time, but blizzard does nothing to fix it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    with how many guilds got stuck at ultraxion due to enrage, killing him with 80's is damn impressive in my eyes. what do people need to do to get some kind of credit here?
    did you miss the post about crazy stat scaling at level 80 with ilvl 400+ gear?
    also the enrage was never an issue on 10 man. not even on heroic.

    the mage was doing 60k on morchok (bursted up to 100k+)
    that would have put him in the top 30 for dps on morchok http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...rchok/10N/dps/

  20. #20
    Very cool, I love this kind of stuff. Got all the 409 boe's waiting for my 78-79 lock twink when I am gonna level it, gonna be fun seeing how hard Chaos Bolt can hit with the huge amount of mastery. Best of luck with heroic mode!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •