Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BrM 5.2 wishlist

Just wondering what people would love to see get changed and/or added to BrM in 5.2 personally I would want the following:

-Some type of dmg reduction while stunned, hell even being able to use fortifying brew/purifying brew while stunned would probably make me happy

-Expel harm having a 50%(can be tweaked for balance) to give us a free cast BoK, would be nice to free some chi up for other things, also when at 30% hp expel harm spam it might be nice to be able to use 2 chi on purifying/guard/chi wave or somethin to that effect w/ out havin to fear of losing out on BoK buff

- Some sort of magic reduction perferrably passive would be nice, maybe like feral druids where its baked into our tank stance since our rotation is pretty taxing as is

TBH thats only 3 things I would love to see happen anythin else I will probably be happy with as I really enjoy BrM tanking.
    Just curious to see what other ideas people have came up w/ or would like to see in 5.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacyfist View Post
    - Some sort of magic reduction perferrably passive would be nice, maybe like feral druids where its baked into our tank stance since our rotation is pretty taxing as is
    Glyphed Guard, Diffuse Magic, Zen Meditaion.

Stance of the sturdy ox is a passive 25% damage mitigation, including magic.

With 0 haste, you get ~27 chi/min. That's 7 chi to use on non-shuffle stuff, usually concentrated in 30 seconds since most bosses have tank swaps this tier. Not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Stance of the sturdy ox is a passive 25% damage mitigation, including magic.

With 0 haste, you get ~27 chi/min. That's 7 chi to use on non-shuffle stuff, usually concentrated in 30 seconds since most bosses have tank swaps this tier. Not enough?
    No, not really, because at 0 haste it takes a bit over 3 seconds to generate one chi-using ability, so in a minute, you can get an average of 7.5 BoK's off fairly easily (as there's 7.5 chances you can use KS within a minute), but the other three will be harder to deal with due to the necessity of getting Guard up, purifying damage, and just getting the raw energy necessary to generate the chi for the other BoK's, so you won't have an optimal uptime.

Plus purifying damage once every 20 seconds seems a bit too conservative.

I want them to fix Clash, bugs out so much it's almost unusable. Would also be cool if we could clash to our statue.
    Would be pretty cool if they changed Invoke Xuen to Invoke Celestial too, Xuen for Windwalker, Nizuao for Brewmaster and Crane(name escapes me) for mistweavers - easy change and makes sense for the class thematically.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-12-13 at 09:15 PM.

Hm? 660 energy per minute, 7.5 keg smashes = 300 energy, 360 left for 9 jabs = 24 chi from energy. 3 more from power strikes = 27.

And purify usage is highly fight dependent, but once per 20 seconds seems fairly reasonable (once per 10 on a tank swap fight). Some fights I don't bother to purify at all even. There's also nothing making you use guard on cd.

Hypothetical optimums don't really cut it, though, which is exactly what I said in my response. I even took into account that 27 chi (quite frankly I'm not sure why you repeated it). Just because you can produce enough doesn't mean you can produce it at a rate that allows for maximum shuffle uptime considering GCD constraints, the requirement of using Guard, etc.

Never said any of my ideas were the way to go, I admit I didn't know the 25% dmg reduction included magic and I know we have those ways to deal w/ magic just I dunno I still feel like I have a way harder time dealing w/ magic dmg then the pally tank I raid w/, and I know dk's love magic, I am not sayin all tanks should be the same, I just feel our cooldowns in general are limited.

Anyway not as worried bout my ideas of brewmasters problems/fixes since I know I suck at this game just wonderin what others peoples thoughts are on what they would like to see for BrM's

15+ Year Old Account
    Fort Brew providing stun immunity for BrM monks, like Icebound Fortitude.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    I want them to fix Clash, bugs out so much it's almost unusable. Would also be cool if we could clash to our statue.
    Would be pretty cool if they changed Invoke Xuen to Invoke Celestial too, Xuen for Windwalker, Nizuao for Brewmaster and Crane(name escapes me) for mistweavers - easy change and makes sense for the class thematically.
    The Red Crane would be Chi-Ji, and wouldn't it make more sense for MWs to invoke Yu'lon instead? But I would agree, it would make more sense for each spec to invoke their patron celestial.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Breath of Fire being useful in raids is my main thing. It's such an iconic ability for Brewmasters, it's one of the things you think of when you think Brewmaster. So it being basically useless is kind of frustrating. Basically, it needs one main change to ensure it is useable: Allow it to proc Shuffle on a 6 second duration, same as BoK.

This basically means that you use BoK for single target, BoF for multiple targets. Simple, and suddenly it gains use in raiding.

I'd also allow bosses to burn via Dizzying Haze; it's kind of annoying that DH doesn't affect them, but I can see why (an extra 3% avoidance would be super pro). I'm sure this can be fixed somehow.

Other than that, yeah, some way of mitigating damage whilst stunned would be nice.

Deleted
    Would be cool to have a ability which would increase your dmg for a while, like wings for paladins

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Mechanic to help mitigate damage while stunned.

2. Increase base duration of Shuffle to 8 seconds.

3. Increase our hit points in some way.

4. Fix Clash so that it's worth using and decrease the cooldown.

5. Give us a damage mitigation ability that's on a 1 min cooldown.

6. Give me a reason to put Breath of Fire back on my hotbar.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, if you Clash while swimming it drags both you and the mob to the bottom =P Make sure not to drown!

I'd mostly like to see a slight boost in HP, huge boost in Avert Harm's range, and something to make Breath of Fire useful.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Oh yeah Avert Harm! Stupid 10 yard range, that really needs fixing.

I think the 90 tier needs to be reworked.

- RJW needs to be dropped, and its AoE Shuffle needs to be given to BoF.
    - Drop the chi roll thing.
    - Give one of each of the three main spirits a talent. Xuen stays the same. Nizauo does 15% less damage, but that 15% in physical mitigation. Yulon does the same damage as Niz, but 15% in healing. I want to feel a connection to Niz, but i don't. He needs a bigger role in the spec.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    I think the 90 tier needs to be reworked.

- RJW needs to be dropped, and its AoE Shuffle needs to be given to BoF.
    - Drop the chi roll thing.
    - Give one of each of the three main spirits a talent. Xuen stays the same. Nizauo does 15% less damage, but that 15% in physical mitigation. Yulon does the same damage as Niz, but 15% in healing. I want to feel a connection to Niz, but i don't. He needs a bigger role in the spec.
    This is full of win!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

So many great suggestions around, I agree with most of them, like a stun improvement, or BoF and so on, but frankly what I'd be happiest about is the increased duration of the Shuffle buff, it would make it just so much easier to maintain, and I'd feel comfortable when using other chi consuming abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt a change to Shuffle's duration will happen. With the change to Ascension you actually see a lot of BrM's forging away from Haste. I personally capped myself off in the 6000's. During the Empress burn phase I use Chi Wave on CD when not tanking and have Shuffle/Guard up 100% while tanking. Later tiers are only going to bring more rating to play with.

EH being low due to armor/hp, serious issues when stunned, and a few lame CD's are the biggest issues.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    There's already been a lot of good suggestions here. Additionally I'd like to see:

-Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic off the global cooldown. Nearly all other tanking cooldowns are already off the GCD with good reason.
    -Minor glyph to remove Xuen taunt. Sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's annoying. I love the idea of having 3 different celestials in the 90 tier, though it shouldn't be a simple dps/tank/heal choice.
    -Some improvements to Charging Ox Wave and Deadly Reach so there's an actual choice in the lvl 60 tier.

Avert Harm is pretty weak compared to other raid cooldowns, but Ox Statue more than makes up for it compared to what other tanks bring. A range buff would be very welcome, though.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2012-12-14 at 08:07 PM.