Thread: Getting an SSD.

Deleted

Getting an SSD.

So I finally gave in, and I'm getting an SSD.
    My budget is around 100 euro, and I'm currently looking at an Intel 330 120gb. Is it good, or are there better choices?

Ooh, a G.Skill 120GB Phoenix III seems nice too!

Other specs;
    i5 750
    HD 5770
    p7p55d
    tx650w
    Last edited by mmocb39a133b7e; 2012-12-13 at 08:38 PM.

I would get either the Crucial M4 or the Samsung 830. ( note that the 830 is faster than the M4 ).
    Playing since 2007.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OCZ vertex 4, M4, 830, Intel 520 thous are the ones I would get.
    I would say out of the 4 the Vertex 4 is the fastest and the 520 is the most reliable one but most expensive idk its your choice.

I would go with either the Crucial M4 or the Samsung 830 (if you can still get one). I purchased the Samsung 830 for my rig. Best SSD I've used to date.

Deleted
    vertex 3/4 are solid choices , intel also works great if you are skeptical about OCZ (some people cannot phantom that they are reliable aswell)
    however be sure to check benchmarks in regards to certain speeds samsung and crucial are "slower" ssd's compared to intel/ocz/corsair etc (not sure about gskill ssd's seems quiet around those so they aren't anything special likely)
    samsung drives are overrated imo (stay away from the 840's they are hollowed out versions of the good average 830 prior of their line-up)

Deleted
    Please include motivations, "I would get a blablabla" really isn't helpful whatsoever.
    The G.skill one seems to have launched in late September, so that'd be why it's unknown.

I really can't find a Samsung 830, only 840s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    Please include motivations, "I would get a blablabla" really isn't helpful whatsoever.
    The G.skill one seems to have launched in late September, so that'd be why it's unknown.

I really can't find a Samsung 830, only 840s.
    what kind of motivation are you expecting in order to pick one card over the other? (speed, most reliable,price so many factors)
    so many small differences between all those ssd's mixed with brand bias (which everyone has to some extend)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account