Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Orc or Troll for PVE

    Which do you think is better atm for pve as a rogue, Troll or Orc?

  2. #2
    Orc for all practical purposes Expertise racial and dps racial
    Troll for looking cool and to add to the small troll rogue population
    Forget junk, my panda's got FUNK!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

  3. #3
    Im gonna say Orc as well its more direct than troll's racial

  4. #4
    so orcs blood fury is better then trolls berserk?

  5. #5
    Yeah, I think it is. I just went horde on my rogue and picked orc. Seems good.

  6. #6
    man i would love to to see some statistics, paying 20 euros is not really optional again :P

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Berserk > Blood fury.

    Blood fury is a flat attack power increase. Berserk is 20% haste--which stacks multiplicatively with gear based haste. Long story short, troll racial scales with gear. Orc racial doesn't.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    149
    I dont play orc, but isnt the AP bonus a % if the player's? If so, that definately scales with gear. If not, I typed this all out in vain. XD
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

  10. #10
    The class has better synergy with the Troll racial, to my understanding. Haste doesn't just affect energy regeneration, but also melee attack speed and, as a result, poison application; which works out very well for both Combat and Assassination.

    Blood Fury only scales with your level, from what I can tell. It doesn't scale with gear.

    EDIT: Also, keep in mind that Beast Slaying (5% extra damage against beasts, troll racial) will blow anything else out of the water when it actually applies. Which, granted, doesn't happen very often... But nonetheless.

  11. #11
    some nice info guys, thx.. i think its leaning towards troll atm


    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    The class has better synergy with the Troll racial, to my understanding. Haste doesn't just affect energy regeneration, but also melee attack speed and, as a result, poison application; which works out very well for both Combat and Assassination.

    Blood Fury only scales with your level, from what I can tell. It doesn't scale with gear.

    EDIT: Also, keep in mind that Beast Slaying (5% extra damage against beasts, troll racial) will blow anything else out of the water when it actually applies. Which, granted, doesn't happen very often... But nonetheless.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    EDIT: Also, keep in mind that Beast Slaying (5% extra damage against beasts, troll racial) will blow anything else out of the water when it actually applies. Which, granted, doesn't happen very often... But nonetheless.
    Most tiers have had at least one boss classified as a beast. T7 had maexxna, t9 had northrend beasts, t11 had chimaeron, t12 had beth'tilac. T14 has stone guard and garalon--two fights you'd go combat (which is the only spec that benefits the orc expertise racial--which is very very inferior to the beast slaying of trolls).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-12-12 at 04:56 AM.

  13. #13
    undead has highest dps for assassination , orc for combat if u benefit from racial weapon bonus

  14. #14
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,220
    I would rate horde pve racials as follows:

    Orc (with weapon bonus)
    Undead
    Pandaren
    Troll
    Goblin
    Orc (without weapon bonus)
    Blood Elf
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  15. #15
    High Overlord Lichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    109
    Not so sure - Panda is showing better than Troll or Orc in Shadowcraft for me. For my gear: Panda > Orc > Undead > Troll.
    Regardless, the best rogue in our guild is a Blood Elf, and he's a clicker. Go figure.
    Last edited by Lichu; 2012-12-12 at 05:52 PM.

  16. #16
    Orc is better right now because the only powerful Agility 1handers are fist weapons.
    Any other Tier (especially because Haste will start getting higher) is going to be Troll.

    (note: only picking between those two because that's what the name of the thread is, Pandaren actually has the best racials of the 5 Horde-rogue races)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    Rogue - Warlock

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Orc is better right now because the only powerful Agility 1handers are fist weapons.
    Any other Tier (especially because Haste will start getting higher) is going to be Troll.

    (note: only picking between those two because that's what the name of the thread is, Pandaren actually has the best racials of the 5 Horde-rogue races)
    No. There's still very good daggers around (and relatively easy to obtain aswell!).

    For combat it's most likely orc or pandaren overall, followed by trolls and goblins. For assassination though I can't say much, been trying to hunt some information about this but even simcraft and such results seem to change quite often with upgrades.. Troll is a good choice if you plan to play different specs and such since it usually stays competitive versus others and berserking scales very well with gear.
    Main: Rogue - Alt: Balance Druid

  18. #18
    I'd probably say Troll but I do see a lot of undeads idk if its because they look cooler or if they actually help rogues.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-12-13 at 12:05 AM.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Vanthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ol US of A
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I'd probably say Troll but I do see a lot of undeads idk if its because they look cooler or if they actually help rogues.
    If you are picking only between these then Orc. In my gear atm, Panda came out on top in Shadowcraft so I race changed to Panda and never looked back.

  20. #20
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichu View Post
    Not so sure - Panda is showing better than Troll or Orc in Shadowcraft for me. For my gear: Panda > Orc > Undead > Troll.
    Regardless, the best rogue in our guild is a Blood Elf, and he's a clicker. Go figure.
    I'm one of the few rogues left in the world that is suspicious of Shadowcraft. Despite that, by mere virtue that Undead has a non-zero chance of saving your life, I would always rate it higher.

    Until scaling makes too large an impact, of course.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •