5.1 Trinket Upgrade

Very short and simple question.

Could someone confirm or deny that the 5.1 trinkets can be upgraded now that people are revered? I would prefer a screenshot to show as proof.

I just remember hearing things about Operation: Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive items would not be upgradeable through the valor point upgrade system. But so far, all signs point to that it can be upgraded. As the strength trinket is very much in my interests, I need to know if, in fact, it can be upgraded.

Thank you very much for your time.

Deleted
    No I don't have a screenshot, yes it can be upgraded. Got a ilvl500 5.1 trinket now (1/2 upgrade).

Upgrading has nothing to do with being revered btw (yes, you can only get the trinket if you're revered).

If you could simply press PrtScr while in the game and post the image in your World of Warcraft/Screenshots folder to imgur.com and post the link, it would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need a screenshot of something you can just go and see for yourself.

Deleted
    ALL items 5 man heroic quality or higher are upgradable, how does people not get this yet?

Deleted
    5 -Man Hc: 1/1 upgradeable (cost: 1500* justice points)
    Darkmoon trinkets, LFR & Raid - Trinkets: 2/2 upgradeable (cost: 750 valor points)

*thanks to Kadde111
    Last edited by mmocb2d46a2f26; 2012-12-14 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    ALL items 5 man heroic quality or higher are upgradable, how does people not get this yet?
    Because it's wrong.
    One example: Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King.

and there's the possibility your item will want the wrong currency to upgrade it example being my mage's blue trinket wanting 750 valor and saying 0/2 and the same exact trinket being 0/1 on my warlock for jp. Vision of the Predator is the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Because it's wrong.
    is there another example? (just curiosity as I wasn't aware of it)

OP you can upgrade the trinket, just buy it, try it, if it doesn't work, sell it and you have your VP back.
    Having it al well thought out with printscreens etc... fly yourself if you don't believe us...
    Wait, it would have even take fewer time to fly yourself than making a thread about it and waiting for someone willing to do it for you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Because it's wrong.
    It has a lvl 85 req, feel kinda obvious. Hate to be the bitch but that a pretty retarded example. Find me a lvl90 item from the ones i mentioned that arent upgradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirush
    5 -Man Hc: 1/1 upgradeable (cost: 2500 justice points)
    1500 Justice points *

I can take a little criticism when it is helpful. Maybe I need to say something else considering that it has not been helpful so far.
    I believe in trying to research the most as possible with my own effort before requesting help from others. I thought others would have the same mentality and the following information would not have to be said:
    I have personally purchased the item and brought the item over to the valor point upgrade guy. I slid the item into the slot and nothing "wrong" happened yet -- no error. However, I do not have enough VP to buy an upgrade to it. So, my actual question was considering there might be an error message when actually pressing the UPGRADE button.
    Why am I asking now when I could wait an extra week and find out?
    My guild is a weekend raiding guild, and we are hardcore. So I am trying to min/max myself before the raid week starts (today). I have an option, upgrade my Relic of Xuen or buy the 5.1 trinket (if and only if the 5.1 trinket will be upgradeable). Otherwise, I will have to upgrade my Relic of Xuen instead.
    So when I ask for proof, I am not being lazy. I am simply asking for undeniable proof that the UPGRADE button doesn't return an error when pressing it when dealing with the 5.1 items.

Thank you.

TL;DR: I'm not an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datachanger View Post
    I believe in trying to research the most as possible with my own effort before requesting help from others.
    If you did research as much as possible, you'd simply have looked at the item's tooltip: ''Upgrade Level: 0/2''

Quote Originally Posted by Datachanger View Post
    I have personally purchased the item and brought the item over to the valor point upgrade guy. I slid the item into the slot and nothing "wrong" happened yet -- no error. However, I do not have enough VP to buy an upgrade to it. So, my actual question was considering there might be an error message when actually pressing the UPGRADE button.
    Not really sure what you're on about with the whole ''error message'' thing, here's a screenshot of the upgrade screen:

Clearly shows the upgrade button grayed out. (because I don't have enough VP)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Yes. The item does say 0/2. Tooltip errors are very common (considering the amount that pops up within the game). And those cannot be changed with a hotfix. It has to be done with a client side patch. And Blizzard does not prefer to do that unless they are fixing a big batch of tooltips at once.

And I thank you for the screenshot, but as said in my previous post, I already did what you did. While kind and has a good thought behind it, the screenshot doesn't show that the upgrade button actually works when able to be clicked on.

sometimes you just have to trust it does what it does and there's no error. If you're skeptical, there could be errors about everything and we would need hundreds of screenshots for all the non-100% sure things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it can be upgraded, as can all. Even the sun-lute that was mentioned before was changed to be upgradeable in a hotfix today.