Thread: Help with pve.

Deleted

Help with pve.

Hey guys, i am looking to get into pve but have no clue where to start. I am gonna start with a fresh level 50 sorc healer and just wanna know where i can find some healing guides and gearing guides. Any links people can throw my way would be great.
    Last edited by mmocf95219989d; 2012-12-13 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now with the recent changes, everyone is given Tionese gear or equivalent so that is where you would be starting.

From there, I recommend doing all weeklies (or Group Finder dailies) for Black Hole commendations in order to buy the campaign armorings.

If you enjoy PvP, a clever way of doing things would be to grab the War Hero gear and RE its armorings and such for the materials that are used to craft (63) level mods and such.

If you don't enjoy PvP, just run the Hardmodes that you can for Rakata and slowly work your way into Story Mode runs that occur on your server to finish gearing. From there, find a guild that is progressing or clearing Hardmode TfB for the rest.

Deleted
    Ah thanks for the info, i think ill take the pvp route and just Re it all and go from there. I will also run some FP's in my tionese gear also just to get me use to healing at level 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if you do your dailies and make a decent amount of credits, just buy the Stabilizers as well. Stabilizers and Matrices are the two materials you should be getting from REing, which allow you to craft the BiS mods and enhancements (and armorings).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also recommend checking out the Noxxic guide, even though some parts of it may be in use of an update, then it should still give you nice pointers as to which spec and stats to go for.

Deleted
    Tbh i just stay away from noxxic for swtor, i know for a fact a few of the pvp specs are off by a fair bit. So can only guess that pve would also be the same, it is still a nice place to get a basic idea of specs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by mackie View Post
    Tbh i just stay away from noxxic for swtor, i know for a fact a few of the pvp specs are off by a fair bit. So can only guess that pve would also be the same, it is still a nice place to get a basic idea of specs. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Several of the PVE ones aren't too terribly, although they seem outdated at places...

EDIT: And by the way, since it was mentioned, am I the only one that hates being given gear like this ? >_< I got a new guy to 50 and it ruined all the fun in obtaining the gear. Bah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Several of the PVE ones aren't too terribly, although they seem outdated at places...

EDIT: And by the way, since it was mentioned, am I the only one that hates being given gear like this ? >_< I got a new guy to 50 and it ruined all the fun in obtaining the gear. Bah.
    Well, you were given Tionese. The gear progression from there goes Tionese-->Columi-->Rakata-->Campaign/Blackhole-->Denova.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post

to get a general feel for what is important and what not, even noxxic isn't too bad. However if you like to go in dept and stay up to date you have to find an ongoing discussion about it.

As for the gear... I think it's a good way to close the progression gap, given that even with recruit 2 you get now you can go for hc flashpoints right away to obtain columni gear.

Deleted
    Yeah noxxic is good for stat prio and such as that has not changed really. Gear is going rather fast tbh, alot faster than what i thought it would for pve.