Multiple Lit Fans, Various Colors

Quick question for anyone browsing this afternoon. I'm ordering the rest of the components I need to build my wife's Christmas present and I want to know if anyone has used multiple differently colored fans in the same tower. I was going to get one red, one green, one blue, but now that I'm really thinking about it, that seems like a horrible idea. Has anyone done this? And do you like the final product? Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Oh wow, I haven't posted in ages. Look at that epic (ancient) signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to do multiple colors, try to do only two colors and make sure they compliment each other. Green and orange looks good. Ummm.... Blue and Red gives you a nice purple color... Etc, try to look at color combinations that are pleasing to the eyes

Edit: Here's a picture of rainbowness
    Last edited by Belize; 2012-12-13 at 10:22 PM.

Good call, I'll cut the red out of the mix and stick with blue and green, that should result in a cyan. That's more interesting than straight blue or straight green!

As Belize said, the combination is important because the light tends to blurr together. This really depends on how they are placed as well and what kind of case you have. I have yet to see an awesome use for three different colored fans, because you could probably just pick the color in between and stick with that or specifically get fans with 2 colors that have a better effect.

Look into blue tube lighting inside the case with green fans...looks awesome if your case has a big window.
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2012-12-13 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Edit: Here's a picture of rainbowness
    Epic. That is a work of beauty.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 05:53 PM ----------

I actually started looking a little deeper into the locations of fans and how the cage looked because of your mention of the lighting tube and realized that the case already has 4 fans included. Yay! The last case I bought I had to outfit it with fans myself. Thanks for helping me figure that out! It comes with 4 white led lit fans, which will actually look pretty cool I think. I'm just going to install a blue fan I've already got to replace one in my case and use that for her Hyper 212 EVO so that I don't have any other colors in there.