Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    USA #2 healthcare system right....

Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    USA #2 healthcare system right....
    Someone already mentioned that spending was a part of the evaluation. Which is why luxembourg is number 1 i believe. They spend the most of any European country i believe - if not Norway is that country.

I'm not sure why people are perfectly happy to accept what seems like absurdly low ratings of the US health care system, but reject out of hand a rating that shows it being very good. US healthcare really is excellent, and even the access to it is quite straightforward for over 80% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not sure why people are perfectly happy to accept what seems like absurdly low ratings of the US health care system, but reject out of hand a rating that shows it being very good. US healthcare really is excellent, and even the access to it is quite straightforward for over 80% of the population.
    20% of 300 mil means that only 60 million people have poor acces to healthcare in the richest most powerful nation on the planet. Nothing wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm willing to reject ratings that rank the US' health care system as #2 simply because that means those ratings only asses health care quality, instead of availability as well. I honestly don't care how good the health care is for the 80%, as long as the non-privileged don't get it, ranking a country as second in the world is stupid.

Also, we could look at it this way: 80% of Americans have access to the 2nd best healthcare quality in the world. 20% have access to healthcare equivalent to that of Somalia, meaning none. 100% of the French, though, have access to a healthcare that is among the best, but still worse than the American one, i.e., the 2nd best in the world. I'd gladly take the French choice any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'm willing to reject ratings that rank the US' health care system as #2 simply because that means those ratings only asses health care quality, instead of availability as well. I honestly don't care how good the health care is for the 80%, as long as the non-privileged don't get it, ranking a country as second in the world is stupid.

Also, we could look at it this way: 80% of Americans have access to the 2nd best healthcare quality in the world. 20% have access to healthcare equivalent to that of Somalia, meaning none. 100% of the French, though, have access to a healthcare that is among the best, but still worse than the American one, i.e., the 2nd best in the world. I'd gladly take the French choice any day.
    Poor people usually get healthcare too. It's called Medicaid, and to say it's as bad as Somalia is just....stupid. It just doesn't cover major life threatening things sometimes like heart surgery.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Why not? Gives countries that rank worse an incentive to improve. Rankings like these and credit ratings are all over the news in my country all the time and they actually affect what the government does.

Anyways, if your country was #1 you wouldn't be complaining.
    I would because I'd find it funny. America is in the top tier of countries but not #1. I don't even know if you can qualify any single country as being #1, but we aren't.
    Last edited by Raidenx; 2012-12-15 at 08:58 PM.