Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation [Talents] Dec 13 Frostbomb Hotfix

    ~30% less damage than before without fireblast glyph, still 50% less when exploded with fireblast. The duration of the debuff was reduced to 4 seconds.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415601502


    Frostbomb has just been hotfixed, again. Thats twice in 3 days.

    GG Blizz, keep it up.
    "Zom is like that ace in the hole you keep for when shit hits the fan and you need a clutch. Unleash him when the need is most dire and watch how in just a few globals all your problems fade away. Mostly because they all just got melted."
    - High Warlord Daemon, PvP Officer, rBG Lead

  2. #2
    I didn't notice the 50% with FireBlast, Screenshots on this thread

    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23.../page__st__100


    www.echoes-guild.eu Always Recruiting Exceptional Players! 8/8hc

  3. #3
    I'm not seeing a 30% change in the dmg, but I do see the reduced time before it explodes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #4
    The thread says 20% and against other players, where are you getting those 30% from?

  5. #5
    Its not affecting PvE at all, or at least damage wise, its -20% against players

  6. #6
    Was about time. I hate to be spit upon just because i play a mage and potentially are op in pvp.

  7. #7
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    It's about time they learned to nerf only for PvP and leave PvE uneffected, now they need to do this with every class and spec.

  8. #8
    This hotfix, while intended as a PVP nerf, really made Frost Bomb better in PVE since it explodes so fast now, and I might consider it on a few more fights, not just as Frost either. Like on Tsulong and Feng. It's without a doubt the best talent for solo play too. Loving it so far. Sub 4 second explosions.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-12-14 at 10:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    This hotfix, while intended as a PVP nerf, really made Frost Bomb better in PVE since it explodes so fast now, and I might consider it on a few more fights, not just as Frost either. Like on Tsulong and Feng. It's without a doubt the best talent for solo play too. Loving it so far. Sub 4 second explosions.
    better in PvE? It really makes no difference be it 4 or 12 secs explosion in pve, what really is annoying though is that you cant use the forced explosion anymore in pve. So all in all its decent for them to change it to faster explosion, but as for it making me pick it for anything exept huge AoE packs, not really nope, I still dont like the cast time at least as arcane, cause your bomb is really your only "free movement" spell atm..

  10. #10
    I'm seeing the exact same numbers, wether I use the forced explosion or let it explode automatically.
    Around 53,9k non crit @ ca. 19k spellpower against PvE targets. (Bunnies @ ranch + dummies)

    Does that mean the hotfix isn't applied, or is the damage reduce against players only?

  11. #11
    I wish they would stop messing with it, live realms aren't meant for testing. They should be doing this internally or on the ptr.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I'm seeing the exact same numbers, wether I use the forced explosion or let it explode automatically.
    Around 53,9k non crit @ ca. 19k spellpower against PvE targets. (Bunnies @ ranch + dummies)

    Does that mean the hotfix isn't applied, or is the damage reduce against players only?
    Only against player targets.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I wish they would stop messing with it, live realms aren't meant for testing. They should be doing this internally or on the ptr.
    I prefer the speed at which they are balancing things now compared to waiting months for things to come from PTR.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Was about time. I hate to be spit upon just because i play a mage and potentially are op in pvp.
    Welcome to the days that you are now laughed at in PvP (an exageration, yes, but we're getting there if they follow through with their intended instant CC nerfs they've been hinting at).

  14. #14
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415601502


    Frostbomb has just been hotfixed, again. Thats twice in 3 days.

    GG Blizz, keep it up.
    Players whine if fixes take months to arrive. - Start fixing!
    Players whine if fixed are implemented quickly, then finetuned quickly. - Stop fixing!

    GG OP
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    better in PvE? It really makes no difference be it 4 or 12 secs explosion in pve, what really is annoying though is that you cant use the forced explosion anymore in pve. So all in all its decent for them to change it to faster explosion, but as for it making me pick it for anything exept huge AoE packs, not really nope, I still dont like the cast time at least as arcane, cause your bomb is really your only "free movement" spell atm..
    Well I'm Fire on Tsulong and Feng, and I might pick up Frost Bomb for those 2 fights now. It's true I could have been just using the glyph already I guess.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Players whine if fixes take months to arrive. - Start fixing!
    Players whine if fixed are implemented quickly, then finetuned quickly. - Stop fixing!

    GG OP
    Yeah, I prefer the current rate of change compared to what we had in Vanilla and TBC (hell, even WotLK).

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,554
    This is probably going to sound weird... but the change to the detonation time is really throwing me out of rhythm. I got so used to its previous timing that now, my fingers are doing silly things. I know I will get used to it again, but it's a touch frustrating in a silly way.

    I have to ask though, was the detonation time change put in to potentially slow people from dispelling it?


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  18. #18
    It's nice that now the duration is same as deep freeze, so shatter combo remains valueable, also 4s = 1\2CC or full silence, so we don't have to full CC healer just to deal any burst damage(which our class is supposed to). Somehow devs realised that 2 rulesets are required in some cases to balance things, really GJ.
    P.S. Though fireblast glyph needs some tuning IMO.
    Last edited by Aet3ra; 2012-12-15 at 10:43 AM.

  19. #19
    So they reduce the time to explode by 33%, but only reduce the damage by 20% and people are saying this is a Nerf for PvP?

    Imo it should've kept its normal 6secs and done 30% less against Players.

    Get hit for 109k frost bomb crits was fucking stupid. Now I'll get hit for 80k but 2 secs faster, which is also just as moronic.

    GG's balancing.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    So they reduce the time to explode by 33%, but only reduce the damage by 20% and people are saying this is a Nerf for PvP?

    Imo it should've kept its normal 6secs and done 30% less against Players.

    Get hit for 109k frost bomb crits was fucking stupid. Now I'll get hit for 80k but 2 secs faster, which is also just as moronic.

    GG's balancing.
    They didn't reduce the explosion time by 33%, the original timer was 5 seconds and it has now been hot fixed to 4 seconds, while dealing 20% less damage to players and 50% less damage if you take the glyph. When compared to the original spell, that did 100% of its damage after 1 second had passed...yes, this is a nerf. If you ignore the use of the Fire Blast glyph perviously, then the change is neutral, it's in no way a buff though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •