Deleted

Will of the emperor 10 hc low dps as frost

Hello!
    I'm Dimes from EU- Dun Modr.
    My guild is doing Heroic Will trys this week, and at the end of the trys i'm far behind in dps from the others. Right now the longest trys we are getting are around 5:30min, so I've only seen one phase without adds.

Here is a log of the trys we did today:
    (I can't put links yet You can see them in my guild WoL (Prominence - EU Dun Modr)

I know i have a problem with CD timings, and i have no clue if i have to go crit capped or haste capped for this fight to do more dps.

Thank you for your attention!

PS: Sorry for my English, i'm Spanish and i'm still learning ^^
    Last edited by mmocc274b0209b; 2012-12-14 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Hahaha, I can give you some piece of help, bro! Just delete your char ASAP!!

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2012-12-14 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Are you on sparks duty? Are you just handling adds? Do you have 4p? Or do u mostly nuke the bosses?

Deleted
    Hi, and thanks for the answer.
    I don't have 4p yet, I need one more. I'm with the rages, we focus rages 'til they die and then help the melee with strength. I'm also focusing courage when it appears, but i'm only hitting the bosses when there are no adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dimes23 View Post
    Hi, and thanks for the answer.
    I don't have 4p yet, I need one more. I'm with the rages, we focus rages 'til they die and then help the melee with strength. I'm also focusing courage when it appears, but i'm only hitting the bosses when there are no adds.

And you soak Courages' sparks.

Deleted
    That's right, I soak some courage's sparks >< (Tolthar is one of my tanks, he is trolling me a bit U.U)

Deleted
    Myself went for 37.5% haste for 17 ticks of NT, multidotting bosses and adds as much as possible. Make sure you have the rages close to eachothers for Ice Lance cleaves, and save your Frozen Orb for rages.

I always try to position myself so I stand between add spawn point and the bosses to mimimize movement while being able to multidot everything. So basically just have to move when killing courages.

Also, go with IW instead of Invocation.
    Last edited by mmoca8320aa0fb; 2012-12-14 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthward View Post
    Myself went for 37.5% haste for 17 ticks of NT, multidotting bosses and adds as much as possible. Make sure you have the rages close to eachothers for Ice Lance cleaves, and save your Frozen Orb for rages.

I always try to position myself so I stand between add spawn point and the bosses to mimimize movement while being able to multidot everything. So basically just have to move when killing courages.

Also, go with IW instead of Invocation.
    Thanks for the answer!
    I will reforge to haste again, but I can't reach your numbers, I think that I can reach 30% raid buffed. I will try with IW too.

Deleted
    Use IW and reforge to 12% Hit (because all the adds are lvl 92) and the rest to haste. Tell your melees to tank strength in front of rage spawn and use petnova only if you have 2+ targets. Use your cooldowns on adds, not on bosses.

P.S. I was on full spark duty with blink and cauterize (ice block if something unexpected/unintended happend). Getting 3 stacks frostbolt means more dps, but rather use ur utilities such as blink, cauterize, freeze etc. to support the classes who can really shine with their dps on that encounter (locks, druids, shadows)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=29179&e=29933

To bad the logs are in german, but maybe you can figure out, what and when I was using my utilities.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2012-12-14 at 04:26 PM.

My advice is to get the boss down first. Even with Frost being low on that particular fight Mages, and even more so, Frost Mages have a lot to offer that encounter to help your guild get it down. I was on "back up soaker" duty and also assigned to one of the strengths each phase for soaking. With Ranged Freeze, Deep Freeze, Ring of Frost, Polymorph hard CC (I was assigned to CCing one rage for our strat) ( we killed them in waves of 4)). Also We have Frozen Orb which decimates the Rages which honestly is the hardest group to handle properly.

Also, dont worry, by the very nature of frost dps you have to be building stacks of frostbolt on one target up to 3 in order to be doing full dps, so switching targets consatnly isnt ideal. Frost isnt exactly parsing much higher than other classes on many encounters, so not being able to stack your frostbolt up hurts you. Also its kind of hard to compare yourself to other classes on that fight when boomkins, Shadow Priests, and Warlocks can multidot pretty easily and naturally have higher dps.

So the best thing you can do is, #1 make sure you are doing all you can to make the fight easier with your utility, and also be the one doing the most damage on rages with Ice lance cleave + Living Bomb Spread + Frozen Orb. By doign this you will have much cleaner pulls and good luck getting it down

Deleted
    Thank you for your answers. I will try what you suggest tomorrow in raid ^^