Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    What's the current FOTM class/spec?

    Just got laid off for the season, thinking of diving back into WoW for the winter. What can I faceroll with for the next 4 months?

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    warrior, feral, mage, any healer but disc/monk

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Warrior, Mage, Resto shammy are all strong right now, but play whatever you want to really. Everything is pretty up in the air and with 5.2 probably coming to the PTR in the next month or so, going to see a lot of class changes.

  4. #4
    Feral then warrior or hunter
    Nerfbat is probably coming soon though

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    453
    Depends what you're doing for PvP.
    -RBGS? Frost DK. Everyone seems to ALWAYS be looking for a FDK target caller. 24/7.
    -Arena? Any healer, mage, warrior, spriest is great atm as well.
    -Random BGs? Anything really. Personally I think warrior would be a good choice because of the many defensives available if you don't have a healer readily available.

    Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.
    Last edited by Kals; 2012-12-14 at 01:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord aeir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    most places, recently
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Depends what you're doing for PvP.
    -RBGS? Frost DK. Everyone seems to ALWAYS be looking for a FDK target caller. 24/7.
    -Arena? Any healer, mage, warrior, spriest is great atm as well.
    -Random BGs? Anything really. Personally I think warrior would be a good choice because of the many defensives available if you don't have a healer readily available.

    Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.
    Everyone wants a feral now.
    in depth.

  7. #7
    same as always, healers and warrior.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Everyone wants a feral now.
    That's why I've been searching for ~2 hours a day for 2 weeks for a team right?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Everyone wants a feral now.
    Where can I sign in?
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i7-930 @ 4.01GHz mobo: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
    cooling: Scythe Mugen gpu: Gigabyte GTX-670 OC WF3X
    hdd: Samsung F1 and F3 ssd: Samsung 830 sound: X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: G.Skill GBRL 1600 display: CrossOver 27Q and EIZO FS2331

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Depends what you're doing for PvP.
    -RBGS? Frost DK. Everyone seems to ALWAYS be looking for a FDK target caller. 24/7.
    -Arena? Any healer, mage, warrior, spriest is great atm as well.
    -Random BGs? Anything really. Personally I think warrior would be a good choice because of the many defensives available if you don't have a healer readily available.

    Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.
    FDK's are FOTM in RBG's. Why was I not informed? Lead RBG's as FDK till they buffed blood and it all got silly, some of my best times in wow. Yayness \o/

    And yeah, feral in RBG's is about the best flag carrier+holder. Warr used to be preferred for holding but seems to be feral all the way now.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-14 at 08:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  11. #11
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,302
    I'm surprised people still think Mages are FOTM. Frost Bomb glyph functionality has been removed (so it now does 0 damage due to dispel), plethora of nerfs, Fire is no longer top in PvE on any fights but cleave. We definitely don't stand out anymore.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.
    Agreed. I see way more warlocks, shadow priests, and mages than ferals in Arena especially.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I'm surprised people still think Mages are FOTM. Frost Bomb glyph functionality has been removed (so it now does 0 damage due to dispel), plethora of nerfs, Fire is no longer top in PvE on any fights but cleave. We definitely don't stand out anymore.
    Yet 2/3 of your specs are in the top 5 dps for Pve, you cry about fire nerfs and they get a buff, where's this buff to classes that need it? As for Pvp, frost will forever remain strong no matter what you think.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I'm surprised people still think Mages are FOTM. Frost Bomb glyph functionality has been removed (so it now does 0 damage due to dispel), plethora of nerfs, Fire is no longer top in PvE on any fights but cleave. We definitely don't stand out anymore.
    Arcane is QUITE good in PvE atm. We definitely still stand out with skilled and geared users

  15. #15
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    That would be arms warriors, frost mages, feral druid and resto shamans.

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Feral then warrior or hunter
    Nerfbat is probably coming soon though
    Stick to mage if you want to avoid getting hit to hard by the nerf bat.


    Currently allot of the classes that are based upon burst are going well and could be considered "fotm".


    Hunter, Warrior, Mage, Lock, Spriest all seem to be at the top of the list as far as "fotm/op" classes are atm.


    Best of luck finding another job.

  17. #17
    Warrior, mage, hpally. Not any healer like someone earlier said, but atm monk and disc heals are weak. Monk is going to be the most fun class though imo.

  18. #18
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

    For those of you who are afraid of clicking links;

    Class / Spec % (2200+)

    Arms Warrior 13.7%
    Frost Mage 10.3%
    Restoration Shaman 10.2%
    Holy Paladin 9.6%
    Shadow Priest 7%
    Restoration Druid 6.7%
    Beast Mastery Hunter 5.1%
    Retribution Paladin 3.6%
    Feral Combat Druid 3.5%
    Frost Death Knight 3.3%
    Last edited by saltyharbls; 2012-12-14 at 06:56 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

    For those of you who are afraid of clicking links;

    Class / Spec % (2200+)

    Arms Warrior 13.7%
    Frost Mage 10.3%
    Restoration Shaman 10.2%
    Holy Paladin 9.6%
    Shadow Priest 7%
    Restoration Druid 6.7%
    Beast Mastery Hunter 5.1%
    Retribution Paladin 3.6%
    Feral Combat Druid 3.5%
    Frost Death Knight 3.3%

    every class is represented on that list with at least one spec... but where are warlocks, rogues and monks???
    Oh wait, that's right....

  20. #20
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    every class is represented on that list with at least one spec... but where are warlocks, rogues and monks???
    Oh wait, that's right....
    It's rather sad to see how several speces have more representation than a whole other class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •