Can you jump right into a questline if you've spent the last few levels instancing?

I have a tank character that I've leveled soley through dungeons from 85-88. I'd like to head into the Dread Wastes and do some Klaxxi quests but I don't know how I can since I haven't done any quests outside of the starting zone in MoP. My main motivation for Klaxxi rep is so I can get the Blacksmithing patterns. I don't have any desire to quest on this character as I've already done it all on a current 90, but I realize I have to get that rep somehow. Thanks for any suggestions.

There is a chain that unlocks each new zone. At this point you will still need to go back and at least do the few quests needed to unlock it all.

And the other option is what? Wait till I'm 90 and hopefully everything is open then?

Will still have to do the chain to open it.

Eww, that stinks. Oh well thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    Eww, that stinks. Oh well thanks for the info.
    Agreed. That was my one gripe with leveling this expansion; not everybody wants to quest the whole way through, so many times after doing some instance or PVP grinding, I found myself wondering where to go/searching for the next set of quests when I had outgrown ones in my certain locale.

Deleted
    Same, they should have kept the way it worked in Cata, Quest from from the board to go to a new zone each lvl.
    I hate it when they force you to do stuff you don't wanna do (more than once atleast).

The nice part is, once you know the quest chain, you can complete the 1st half at 87, then at 90, you come back and pick up the 2nd half and fly right through it. Saves time in the long run.

When you ding the appropriate level for a zone, you see a bunch of breadcrumbs pushing you to that zone. For Dread Wastes, the breadcrumb leads you to the wall with a rope to climb down which starts the zone off. Then you do a few quests to release the first paragon and phase in the "hub" in the center of the zone. They you'll get quests to release the other paragons. You can't really do dailies without regular quests first because you get the dailies from the paragons and you need to do quests to release them.

If you go to Dread Wastes at level 90, you'll still need to do the intro quests to open up the hub, but you can do the paragons in whichever order you want.

You don't need to do any other quest chains in any other zone. You just need to find the breadcrumb quest from one the many NPCs who will be trying to offer it to you and go from there.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Same, they should have kept the way it worked in Cata, Quest from from the board to go to a new zone each lvl.
    I hate it when they force you to do stuff you don't wanna do (more than once atleast).
    Cata was worse because zones were more linear. I don't understand how the MoP system is worse than Cata when the main difference is you get the breadcrumb from one of many NPCs offering it instead of from a static board.

Deleted
    Wanted to go to dread wastes today but didn't feel like looking for the breadcrums so i just went to kun'lai instead because i already did that one.
    I agree on the linear stuff but i'd rather have them just open up everything like in the older zones (before cata) with orange and red difficulty quests.

I actually flew to the Valley of four winds the first time because i was sick of jade forrest and only noticed the breadcrum quest when i had already done 10 quests scattered around the zone, didn't expect them to do it like that.

Yea it is kinda silly that you have to quest level alts if you want anything to do at 90

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    I have a tank character that I've leveled soley through dungeons from 85-88. I'd like to head into the Dread Wastes and do some Klaxxi quests but I don't know how I can since I haven't done any quests outside of the starting zone in MoP. My main motivation for Klaxxi rep is so I can get the Blacksmithing patterns. I don't have any desire to quest on this character as I've already done it all on a current 90, but I realize I have to get that rep somehow. Thanks for any suggestions.

You do not need to do any quest to unlock any zone. The only requirement to unlock a zone is your level.

Jade Forest = 85
    Valley of Four Winds = 86
    Krasarang Wilds = 86 or 87 (can't remember)
    Kun'lai Summit = 87
    Townlong Steppes = 88
    Dreadwastes = 89
    Vale of Eternal Blossom = 90

Granted, if you did the quests you'd be offer a "bonus quest" that leads into the next zone. As for Dread Wastes in particular when you hit 89 there will be a quest giver at the bottom of your appropriate shrine in Vale that will tell you to fly to the wall along with giving you the flight plan you need.

Long story short, hit 89 and then you can do Dread Wastes.

How can anyone think MoP is linear? You can go to any quest hub at any time and grab a bunch of quests as long as you are level appropriate. Your map will even show you where quest hubs are by using an !.

Of course, there are some quest lines that require pre-quests, but you need those for the people who enjoy an actual storyline.

Just checking back in, awesome info Lucetia. And ya I agree with the poster that mentioned questing with alts. That's where I'm at. I don't want to do all these quests again, but it feels like I have to.