Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Nintendo(wii/ ds etc) seem very gimmicky with all of it's feature eg. 3d,2 screens, stylus touch screen, motion control, balance board , Bad graphics(in comparison to ps3/ xbox/pc) , but i think that's because they try to appeal to a certain niche of the market...the way pcs seem to target mmos, rts. Xbox shooters and ps3 sport (of course all 3 share alot).

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, the vita does have games. And I love the Vita, but handhelds need to stop getting spin-offs and get the same games consoles/pcs have.
    Some of the best handheld games are spinoffs of franchises on major consoles/PC. Due to the general lack of power in them, you can't really port games from PC/console down to a handheld, it's not feasible. They're running with far less power than proper consoles/PC, and downgrading games to that level (not to mention whatever changes in coding are needed to run the damn thing) are expensive and time consuming.

The issue with the games on the Vita, are that the spinoff games sucked, or where mediocre. The better games on it at the moment are Gravity Rush, a good game but by no means a "must buy Vita for it" game, and Persona 4 Golden, a port/update of an older game and is probably the best game for the handheld right now.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

The issue with the games on the Vita, are that the spinoff games sucked, or where mediocre. The better games on it at the moment are Gravity Rush, a good game but by no means a "must buy Vita for it" game, and Persona 4 Golden, a port/update of an older game and is probably the best game for the handheld right now.
    No probally about it :3

Sony shouldnt have forced so much touch/motion controls into their launch titles. I understand its new and they want to show it off. But they forced so much of that crap into Uncharted and it ruined the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Nintendo(wii/ ds etc) seem very gimmicky with all of it's feature eg. 3d,2 screens, stylus touch screen, motion control, balance board , Bad graphics(in comparison to ps3/ xbox/pc) , but i think that's because they try to appeal to a certain niche of the market...the way pcs seem to target mmos, rts. Xbox shooters and ps3 sport (of course all 3 share alot).
    The touch screen/dual screen is hardly a gimmick. Unlike 3D and motion controls, most games on the system benefited from it (besides Zelda and shovelware that would've been crap either way). For example, being able to navigate menus on a second screen and with your finger is a godsend.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-12-15 at 12:48 AM.

Bumping this topic once since I didnt have any search luck!

Has anyone played Heroes of ruin as of late? Should I go and return it, or is it worth playing it? Seems like a Diablo3 clone, but thats not what Im worried about...

Is the controles good?

Is the lenght of the game good, any decent fun to be had etc?
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Bumping this topic once since I didnt have any search luck!

Has anyone played Heroes of ruin as of late? Should I go and return it, or is it worth playing it? Seems like a Diablo3 clone, but thats not what Im worried about...

Is the controles good?

Is the lenght of the game good, any decent fun to be had etc?
    We do have a 3DS general you can dig up, it would probably be better to ask in there.