Thread: If we would...

Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    If we would...

    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

    Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

    If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

    What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.

  2. #2
    How about we expand the experiment and remove loot from all three and see how many hardcores stick around. After all they're in it for the challenge and not the loot.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    How about we expand the experiment and remove loot from all three and see how many hardcores stick around. After all they're in it for the challenge and not the loot.
    Expect for the fact, in normal/heroic modes you actually run to the instance as a guild and clear the content like its supposed to be. The mechanics are there intact, working like they should and is far less forgiving than the raid finder.

    You can't press "join queue", afk through a fight on heroic and get loot, can you?

  4. #4
    loot? what loot? all my lock alt gets is 28g 50s.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    loot? what loot? all my lock alt gets is 28g 50s.
    Yet you run it for the loot, right? If the loot would be removed from the table would you go back there?

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

    Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

    If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

    What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.
    I would then suggest ALL loot from ALL raids be removed... While I'm at it, I'd also suggest all valor points be removed from all raids as well...

    if you are intent on cockblocking folks from trying to get better, I think you should be as well...

    Good day

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  7. #7
    Not intenting to cockblock anyone. I'm just simply asking, would you still do LFR if loot were removed?

    I don't know why everyone suddenly goes super defensive for just a simple question. Did I yank your chains or what?

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Not intenting to cockblock anyone. I'm just simply asking, would you still do LFR if loot were removed?

    I don't know why everyone suddenly goes super defensive for just a simple question. Did I yank your chains or what?
    Perhaps you aren't aware, people in LFR are the vast majority of the 'raiders'... its those dollars that they invest in Warcraft that ALLOW the development of raids, the content you so preciously covet. Do you truly think that if LFR didn't exist that you'd have 5 raids and 16 bosses to kill in MOP? If you do, then you are delusional.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

    Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

    If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

    What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.
    The whole game is about loot/rewards.
    I think players would be quite mad... and if it still doesn't reward players, nobody would run it.
    Same goed for normal raids and HC raids btw.... nobody would run them if they didn't drop loot.

    Why do you only ask about lfr? One could ask the same regarding n/hc.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-12-11 at 09:06 AM.

  10. #10
    People would run it once and then never again obviously.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Expect for the fact, in normal/heroic modes you actually run to the instance as a guild and clear the content like its supposed to be. The mechanics are there intact, working like they should and is far less forgiving than the raid finder.

    You can't press "join queue", afk through a fight on heroic and get loot, can you?
    LFR is also "like it is supposed to be", right? Blizzard creates a raid... the raid is as it supposed to be, because it is created that way.
    LFR is created by Blizzard, so it is as it supposed to be....
    I think Blizzard decides what is supposed to be.

    You mean to say something else it seems.
    But still I don't think any raider would bother if n/hc raids didn't have rewards..... no raider would go there just to see the content and have the challenge.

  12. #12
    Loot is content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  13. #13
    But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals. I don't say to join a hardcore guild and go pro 5 times a week, maybe a casual guild raiding 1-2 days per week clearing normal modes and progress at their own pace?

    People should be inspired to move beyond LFR.

  14. #14
    There is nothing to discuss in a thread like this. Why is it that people care so much about loot from LFR that they have to QQ about it? Personally, I think LFR is a great tool, I never really have to step into it since I raid heroics, but for my alt it's a perfect place to get some gear ready. People seem to misstake LFR loot with normal raid loot. Sure, you don't have to put half the effort for clearing LFR as you do for normals, but then again, you aint getting the same loot either. You're not getting any vanity items from it either, and what is it to you if guild #52 on your real manages to kill the first 3 bosses of MSV thanks to the LFR pieces? So why should we have heroic dungeons giving loot? Or normal version? Are you concidering these hard? Cause in my eyes, they are just as much of a loot piniata as LFR.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    How about we expand the experiment and remove loot from all three and see how many hardcores stick around. After all they're in it for the challenge and not the loot.
    My thoughts exactly. People complain about LFR dropping loot, 'LFR is there so people can see content', etc, riiiiight...and you just do Normal/heroic/hard mode/etc for the challenge, amirite? Thought not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    You're extremely naive if you buy Blizzard's "for seeing the content" tripe.

    You're even more naieve if you don't, yet thought others do, and made this topic to point it out in order to look smart.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    There is nothing to discuss in a thread like this. Why is it that people care so much about loot from LFR that they have to QQ about it? Personally, I think LFR is a great tool, I never really have to step into it since I raid heroics, but for my alt it's a perfect place to get some gear ready. People seem to misstake LFR loot with normal raid loot. Sure, you don't have to put half the effort for clearing LFR as you do for normals, but then again, you aint getting the same loot either. You're not getting any vanity items from it either, and what is it to you if guild #52 on your real manages to kill the first 3 bosses of MSV thanks to the LFR pieces? So why should we have heroic dungeons giving loot? Or normal version? Are you concidering these hard? Cause in my eyes, they are just as much of a loot piniata as LFR.

    Heroic dungeons are not the same as LFR. LFR is a easier version of a normal raid where you can basicly afk through the entire experience and still get rewarded. In 5 mans you actually have to put some kind of effort to get the items you need. In fact, all guilds who cleared MSV before LFR did so in 5 man heroic gear. It is entirely possible, and anyone can do it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals. I don't say to join a hardcore guild and go pro 5 times a week, maybe a casual guild raiding 1-2 days per week clearing normal modes and progress at their own pace?

    People should be inspired to move beyond LFR.
    And if people don't want to on a regular basis but just when it is convenient for them?
    LFR provides that..... and the ocassional pug for normals.

    But still why only ask these questions regarding lfr and not normal and hc? Raiders who love to see content and have a challenge, can do that without raids dropping loot, same as you suggest for lfr.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 09:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Heroic dungeons are not the same as LFR. LFR is a easier version of a normal raid where you can basicly afk through the entire experience and still get rewarded. In 5 mans you actually have to put some kind of effort to get the items you need. In fact, all guilds who cleared MSV before LFR did so in 5 man heroic gear. It is entirely possible, and anyone can do it.
    And exactly how many guilds did that?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    And if people don't want to on a regular basis but just when it is convenient for them?
    LFR provides that..... and the ocassional pug for normals.

    But still why only ask these questions regarding lfr and not normal and hc? Raiders who love to see content and have a challenge, can do that without raids dropping loot, same as you suggest for lfr.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 09:23 AM ----------



    And exactly how many guilds did that?
    Not sure how many did, but some did. Does it matter? People cleared normals in 5 man hc gear.

  20. #20
    You're right it doesn't matter, kind of like it doesn't matter if people in LFR get loot in addition to 'seeing' the content. The challenge is still there in normal and heroic if they want to move further, or just continue in LFR if either time or lack of interest does not allow one to do so. No, no one would do LFR, normal, or heroic more than once if there was no additional rewards, and the once is a maybe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •