Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Halo bug on Elegon (not counting damage on wol nor recount)

    today on Elegon in msv Halo didn't count on recount nor wol for me and another Spriest in my guild.
    note that i'm sure it was hitting and i used it around 20times
    here is a wol link of my kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4791&e=5317

  2. #2
    strange - try running a LFR elegon and see if it doesnt show up there. regardless, you should really think about using cascade instead of halo for elegon. the cooldown is short enough that you can use it on every big add and on every other draw power phase, and it bounces to way more of the baby adds afterwards than halo hits.

  3. #3
    Been like that for 2-3 weeks now. Do note that u can still use it outside the inner circle (the normal floor) so u can use it on sparks after each phase 3, on pillars in phase 2 + to raid healing in last phase, not to mention on adds in phase 1 if u jump out to reset your stack use halo then. that is if your not going for another talent. Worst case u can also use it on 2 adds in draw power phase when u reset stack, but would´t vouch for that tho. gl
    Haven´t tried cascade since i love halo and i really found the best place to stand for maxium halo dmg output on small sparks in draw power phase. So everytime i get there i hope for it to be fixed will try cascade next reset since blizzard doesn´t seem to care about my alt .

    Better late than never!
    Last edited by klit33; 2012-12-12 at 03:40 AM.

  4. #4
    Loving Halo doesn't make it a better spell to use. Mathematically, Cascade is a vastly superior talent for Elegon and unless doing less DPS output is also something you love, then you shouldn't be using it.

  5. #5
    Cascade is the way to go. Beats Halo every time..

  6. #6
    The Patient Tenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    237
    Got to agree with the above posts, Cascade beats Halo hands down at Elegon. During sparks, whack it on Elegon 1 global cd after the sparks spawn and it will bounce on every Spark up. Likewise when you kill the Pillars, even though Elegon is immune, Cascade will still jump onwards from the boss, reaching the pillars on the opposite side to you.

  7. #7
    no one asking opinions about cascade/halo. this is off-topic. and to klit33 I didn't Say it wasn't working, i said recount wasn't counting it

  8. #8
    It's not off-topic if you're using a spell which you shouldn't use on a particular encounter. e.g. If a Warrior spec'd Shockwave for a single target fight and it didn't show up on his logs, the first thing Warriors would ask is why the fuck did you bother spec'ing into it to begin with. Hell, looking at the logs you posted even further, the Priest you linked was spec'd DI for Elegon which is also a terrible talent to choose for this encounter (ToF uptime would average about 50-65%); so really, the problem isn't that Halo's bugged, it's just that this Priest is awful.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not off-topic if you're using a spell which you shouldn't use on a particular encounter. e.g. If a Warrior spec'd Shockwave for a single target fight and it didn't show up on his logs, the first thing Warriors would ask is why the fuck did you bother spec'ing into it to begin with. Hell, looking at the logs you posted even further, the Priest you linked was spec'd DI for Elegon which is also a terrible talent to choose for this encounter (ToF uptime would average about 50-65%); so really, the problem isn't that Halo's bugged, it's just that this Priest is awful.
    It IS off-topic. He's saying there's a bug on Elegon and you come around and criticise his talent choice. Seriously. I use Halo on Elegon, because it's just so amazing to burst heal people whenever a Protector dies.

    I just hate people coming around and getting off the subject because they think they know better or w/e.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by basel277 View Post
    today on Elegon in msv Halo didn't count on recount nor wol for me and another Spriest in my guild.
    note that i'm sure it was hitting and i used it around 20times
    here is a wol link of my kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4791&e=5317
    Obviously it WAS NOT HITTING. WoL and Recount didn't log every bit of damage you did except for Halo. It logged the healing from Halo. Just not the damage because you did no damage with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    It IS off-topic. He's saying there's a bug on Elegon and you come around and criticise his talent choice. Seriously. I use Halo on Elegon, because it's just so amazing to burst heal people whenever a Protector dies.

    I just hate people coming around and getting off the subject because they think they know better or w/e.
    No, it's exactly on point. The best way to fix the Elegon Halo bug is to not use it! Use the Talent that's all around better for that encounter: Cascade.

    If you're that worried about off healing you should be using Divine Star, it heals for more and more often.
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2012-12-13 at 08:43 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Obviously it WAS NOT HITTING. WoL and Recount didn't log every bit of damage you did except for Halo. It logged the healing from Halo. Just not the damage because you did no damage with it.


    No, it's exactly on point. The best way to fix the Elegon Halo bug is to not use it! Use the Talent that's all around better for that encounter: Cascade.

    If you're that worried about off healing you should be using Divine Star, it heals for more and more often.
    /sigh
    NO the best way to fix the Elegon Halo bug is not to not use halo, this is utterly stupid, and if you want to answer a thread asking about a bug with this childish attitude please don't bother (no one is asking your opinion about spec choices).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by basel277 View Post
    /sigh
    NO the best way to fix the Elegon Halo bug is not to not use halo, this is utterly stupid, and if you want to answer a thread asking about a bug with this childish attitude please don't bother (no one is asking your opinion about spec choices).
    ...but your original post doesn't ask any questions, so there was nothing to answer. People were giving you responses to what you can do instead of using Halo. Calling people stupid for telling you to use cascade in response to a post where you don't ask for anything is in fact, a "childish attitude". This is not the bug report forums. If you expect Blizzard or your addon writers to respond or see it here, good luck with that.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-12-13 at 08:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,020
    When you choose a substandard talent in the face of better options for both Damage and Healing then decide to complain about it not performing... well I'm not entirely sure you can be helped.

    Oh, to the point: it's a bug with Halo on the Elegon encounter due to Halo's spherical shape and Elegon's height off the ground / hitbox. Solution: SPEC BETTER!

    I'm a little sorry that's not the answer that you want to hear, but it's the right one. Be stubborn if you want but you'll keep coming up with crap results. You should be able to put aside whatever issues you personally have with talents and work with what you have to maximize your performance instead of whining about it and stamping your feet in protest. Learn to take advice better as well.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    4,935
    Not everyone cares for min maxing maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to jump down someones throat who doesn't give a shit.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Not everyone cares for min maxing maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to jump down someones throat who doesn't give a shit.
    Picking a talent that that does damage over one that doesn't isn't min-maxing, it's common sense.

  16. #16
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    256
    I guess it's Blizzard's way of telling you to spec Cascade.
    {[( )]}

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    When you choose a substandard talent in the face of better options for both Damage and Healing then decide to complain about it not performing... well I'm not entirely sure you can be helped.

    Oh, to the point: it's a bug with Halo on the Elegon encounter due to Halo's spherical shape and Elegon's height off the ground / hitbox. Solution: SPEC BETTER!

    I'm a little sorry that's not the answer that you want to hear, but it's the right one. Be stubborn if you want but you'll keep coming up with crap results. You should be able to put aside whatever issues you personally have with talents and work with what you have to maximize your performance instead of whining about it and stamping your feet in protest. Learn to take advice better as well.
    source on the hight issue? and I was hitting the adds/sparks with it (btw it does tons of damage on the small adds which interests me the most because raid was wiping on them, and yes I tested and yes going inside the ring and doing halo from the best distance is much better to aoe compact adds, basically halo just destroys them) am I going to jump on your throat for not knowing my real purpose? no I'm too tired to do so (hopefully you realize how aweful you guys were though). also this char has 2k haste and main specced healer want to start talking about that now guys?

  18. #18
    Cascade/Mind Sear is still much better than Halo for the sparks, so again, you're incorrect in your assertion that Halo is the better spell to use in this situation. I know admitting you're wrong on the internet is a difficult pill to swallow, but there just isn't any argument which can made to support using Halo over Cascade for this encounter. Min/max'ing your offspec or not, it's simply and unequivocally the wrong talent to use. Period.
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2012-12-14 at 01:10 AM.

  19. #19
    The Patient Tenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Oh, to the point: it's a bug with Halo on the Elegon encounter due to Halo's spherical shape and Elegon's height off the ground / hitbox. Solution: SPEC BETTER!.
    This just made me giggle after spending a couple funky wipes at SM challenges where Halo pulls mobs from the downstairs platform whilst we're killing the second boss up on the higher platform. As mitey dmg as Halo is, Blizz has got plenty to work on it in order to make it a sustainable / reliable spell in so many encounters / instances.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Cascade/Mind Sear is still much better than Halo for the sparks, so again, you're incorrect in your assertion that Halo is the better spell to use in this situation. I know admitting you're wrong on the internet is a difficult pill to swallow, but there just isn't any argument which can made to support using Halo over Cascade for this encounter. Min/max'ing your offspec or not, it's simply and unequivocally the wrong talent to use. Period.
    it's not specially when adds are close to each other (cascade will do zero damage) and halo from ring and right distance will rip them apart. Period.
    it's funny how you are so certain of something in a game because someone said something on the internet and you liked it, although with a small search (and some common sense) you can find out how cascade works (and if it is best for the job i want it to do, which is aoeing a compact group or not): "Cascade does a % of its max damage/healing based on linear distance between the source and target of the bounce. It does 40% of its maximum damage at 0yd, and 100% at 30+yd, scaling linearly between those two points (anywhere between 30yd and 40yd will give 100%). It prefers farther away targets when it bounces."
    which means for a compact group (again for this specific situation not the whole encounter) cascade is Shit whereas a good halo can ace them. again, and I'm not going to repeat this for you anymore, I don't care if cascade is stronger for over all on this fight. its Shit in my raid's situation and halo just does the job so perfectly.
    but you don't want to understand that some people do stuff differently and don't follow your small rule book that you think is so based on some science or something just because you read about it in some random thread a few weeks ago.
    I like how a thread about a bug grew into a flame war, I thought the priest community was way more mature than this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •