Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroic Elegon - Total Annihilation Soaking (Going through Deterrance?)

    We are having soaking issues on Heroic Elegon.

    It killed our bubbled pally. Killed both of our Hunters who are using glyphed deterrence and it killed our DK in AMS bubble.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    You need to use dmg reductions or cheat death mechanics not immunities.

  3. #3
    The Patient Kluddesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Duckburg, Sweden
    Posts
    202
    Detterence works with Aspect of the Iron Hawk + Glyph, You still take a moderate amount of damage however. Your Dk should survive it without a doubt however. (Or have him spec purgatory if that's necessary)
    Loco Motives 16/16 Heroic T14
    Loco Motives 13/13 Heroic T15
    Retired Hunter

  4. #4
    It goes through all immunities, the only way to do it is with pure damage reduction. Tanks, Warlocks, and Monks are extremely good at this.

  5. #5
    Mage - Greater invisibility

    Paladin - Divine protection

    Rogue - Feint

    Death Knight - AMS
    Druid - Symbiosis AMS
    Hunter - Deterrence

    Warlock - Dark Bargain
    Monk - Diffuse Magic




    There's a ton of ways to do it but many of them involve still taking damage, you just have to heal them. 500,000 damage is not that hard to survive anyone should have 400k raid buffed.

  6. #6
    priest dispersion also works.
    as do abilities such as power word barrier + pain suppression, stack as needed.
    guardian spirit should also work although I've not tested it (and DR is better since you'll also avoid the stun in most cases)
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It goes through all immunities
    It does not go through dark bargain. So long as the warlock starts above 80% hp he won't even get stunned.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    It does not go through dark bargain. So long as the warlock starts above 80% hp he won't even get stunned.
    Technically Dark Bargain isn't an immunity, which is why I specifically said less than 100 characters later that Warlocks are very good at it...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Technically Dark Bargain isn't an immunity, which is why I specifically said less than 100 characters later that Warlocks are very good at it...
    While the residual debuff means you still take damage, it does make you completely immune to all damage sources (tooltip says "Prevents all damage") for 8 seconds. Sure, it's not an immunity in the game mechanic sense of the word (it's an absorb), but that's not what you were saying - your words were "pure damage reduction", which is absolutely not a term I'd use to describe Dark Bargain.

    You do not take any damage that will bring you below 80% hp and therefore trigger the stun, which would be the only definition of the word "immunity" that is meaningful for this purpose.

  10. #10
    The Patient Kluddesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Duckburg, Sweden
    Posts
    202
    Dark Bargain however, Makes you take damage afterwards. "When the shield fades, 50% of the damage prevented is dealt over 8 sec" Hence it's a damage reduction spell.

    The definition of Immunity in my eyes on this encounter is to not take a single amount of damage at all. Absorbing a metric shiton of damage and then take 50% of it as a dot for 8 sec is hardly an immunity.


    I believe our soaking is something simillar to this :

    Warrior tank blows a CD, doesn't get the stun
    Blood Dk blows a CD, does not even drop below 95%
    Rogue uses feint/cloak (Im not good with rogues and their cd's, I have no clue)
    Warlock with Dark Bargain.

    We do have our mage being a reserve with what's his face cd's.
    Last edited by Kluddesu; 2012-12-15 at 08:33 AM.
    Loco Motives 16/16 Heroic T14
    Loco Motives 13/13 Heroic T15
    Retired Hunter

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Technically Dark Bargain isn't an immunity, which is why I specifically said less than 100 characters later that Warlocks are very good at it...
    On a side note unending resolve also works.

    Edit: Spelling : (

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    The definition of Immunity in my eyes on this encounter is to not take a single amount of damage at all. Absorbing a metric shiton of damage and then take 50% of it as a dot for 8 sec is hardly an immunity.
    In fact, what is classified as an immunity is actually recognized by certain boss mechanics, like Unseen Strike, and will purposefully go through them. For those purposes, Divine Shield and Ice Block are immunities. To make it simpler, an immunity is a spell that, when up, attacks say "immune" against is. Dark Bargain is, as you've pointed out, an unlimited absorb with delayed damage. It should be noted that it's quite dangerous to use right before a wave of adds, as Dark bargain will still be ticking for 40kish through the damage from exploding Energy Charges.

    Also, Cloak of Shadows does not provide protection against Annihilation, but feint does.

  13. #13
    You're lying if you say it's killing your hunters with glyphed deterrence up

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,908
    Glyphed deterrence is 50%, and the explosion is what, 750k? That's 375k after deterrence, if they're a little bit low it can happen.

  15. #15
    Get a good/decent monk. They can soak two in a row if needed with Diffuse Magic and Zen Meditation.

    Best soakers available. I do it for my guild.

  16. #16
    The Patient Kluddesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Duckburg, Sweden
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Glyphed deterrence is 50%, and the explosion is what, 750k? That's 375k after deterrence, if they're a little bit low it can happen.
    The explosion is around 500k
    So that's 250k with glyph. Should be easily survivable. add -15% dmg with AotIH That's another 75k gone. Boom. You're down to 175k explosions.
    I could be wrong. That's just what my brain would calculate after lots of hours with no sleep.

    Edit: I realise this might not be correct.I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Kluddesu; 2012-12-15 at 10:26 AM.
    Loco Motives 16/16 Heroic T14
    Loco Motives 13/13 Heroic T15
    Retired Hunter

  17. #17
    I take around 210k hit with deterrence+glyphed+ironhawk (checked logs). Our disc priest has to go dps because the other 2healers don't have any functional OS. It hurts because disc priests are so completely utterly retardedly overpowered to negate almost every damage mechanic on every boss

  18. #18
    we'll use a monk, warlock, priest or 2x mages with greater invisibility, depends whos in the raid.

    in the worse case we'll get a tank to use his CDs, but its better when some1 else is tankin.


    Also, get the DK to use AMZ and AMS together, if AMZ works it should reduce the damage of the explosion to basically nothing, and AMS will keep him full HP. AMS isnt very strong of a CD, as it only aborbs up to a max of 50% of ur HP (so about 200k).. where as AMZ actually reduces the damage by 75% and has an absorb of around 150k.. far superior!

  19. #19
    As a shaman I can soak it on 25m with Astral Shift with no issue, and thats only 40% dmg reduction

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    Cauterize with Temporal shield.

    2min vs 2.5min of greater invis
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •