1. #1

    Tier 14 4-piece and BM Opener

    Simple question. Does 4-piece change how you go about opening?

    Personally I prefer SV but have gotten my BM play to a point where I should be using it as it outperforms SV in certain encounters. Still struggle with the opener a bit and recently picked up 4-piece.

    Thanks in advance for any input.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Simple question. Does 4-piece change how you go about opening?

    Personally I prefer SV but have gotten my BM play to a point where I should be using it as it outperforms SV in certain encounters. Still struggle with the opener a bit and recently picked up 4-piece.

    Thanks in advance for any input.
    It doesn't change it too much, all you are doing in the 4 piece is adding more AS and KC essentially.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  3. #3
    With 4 set, BW is an added 6 seconds, allowing you to KC 3 times without the use of readiness. Because the duration of BW is so long, on some fights I find it's not worth it to pop them back to back because of mechanics(ie. HM LeiShi, HM Blade Lord). Other than that, make sure you AMOC twice with your opener BWs for the focus discount and keep up SS.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischieve View Post
    With 4 set, BW is an added 6 seconds, allowing you to KC 3 times without the use of readiness. Because the duration of BW is so long, on some fights I find it's not worth it to pop them back to back because of mechanics(ie. HM LeiShi, HM Blade Lord). Other than that, make sure you AMOC twice with your opener BWs for the focus discount and keep up SS.
    Lei shi allows a little over 30 seconds at the beginning of the fight. So it is perfectly safe to use it back to back on that fight.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Lei shi allows a little over 30 seconds at the beginning of the fight. So it is perfectly safe to use it back to back on that fight.
    Yes, it's abit over 30 seconds before she does her first special, but I find that I'm missing out on the last few seconds of BW on the 2nd one if I pop it immediately after, because I try to proc trinkets during opener before first BW, so a few globals is spent there. I also try to save CDs incase it is Get Away, stacks aren't that high on boss at that point so I'm partially saving BW for that.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,071
    I find if I'm in a BW without 90-100+ focus, I need to CoS near the end to 1) keep SrS up, 2) meet the focus requirement for the first KC after BW ends. That's about it. BM 4pc plays at very high focus, imo.

  7. #7
    The opener is the same, you just get more KCs and Arcane shots. The 4pc is pretty money for BM and is arguably one of the best 4pc bonuses ever. I wanna see what the next tier's 4pc bonus is because this bonus will be pretty hard to beat.

  8. #8
    Technically it's the same but i'm just worried about focus. With RF stacked with the first BW, there is no problem at all on focus. But the second one, with the 4pc, wouldn't you be focus starved ? Unless you pop second RF with the second BW or throw in a cobra shot ?

    And what's a better way to handle srs, manually cast each time it drops during the opener or weave in two cobra shots ? And at what focus level is it safe to pop the second BW after readiness ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Technically it's the same but i'm just worried about focus. With RF stacked with the first BW, there is no problem at all on focus. But the second one, with the 4pc, wouldn't you be focus starved ? Unless you pop second RF with the second BW or throw in a cobra shot ?

    And what's a better way to handle srs, manually cast each time it drops during the opener or weave in two cobra shots ? And at what focus level is it safe to pop the second BW after readiness ?
    With the readiness BM you can just pop dire beast before you hit BW and that may get you through the duration. I think at most you'd have to do one corba shot, but that isn't the end of the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •