View Poll Results: Can we have talk about our Gun Problem in the US

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • Now's not the time to have this discussion

6 75.00%

Children shot and killed at Connecticut School (Gun Control?)

http://news.yahoo.com/connecticut-to...153953370.html

NEWTOWN, Connecticut (Reuters) - At least 27 people, including children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials.

The shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.

There were unconfirmed reports of a second shooter after witnesses reported hearing dozens of shots fired.
    Sandy Hook Elementary School teaches children from kindergarten through fourth grade - roughly ages 5 to 10.

"It was horrendous," said parent Brenda Lebinski, who rushed to the school where her daughter is in the third grade. "Everyone was in hysterics - parents, students. There were kids coming out of the school bloodied. I don't know if they were shot, but they were bloodied."
    Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Parents were seen reuniting with their children and taking them home.

(Additional reporting by Dan Burns, Chris Francescani and Paul Thomasch; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Jackie Frank)
    Is it finally to have that talk about Gun Control?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

10char
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yes it's about time children should be armed with guns so that they can protect themselves when shit like this happens. This is unacceptable and we should demand schools to distribute guns to the kids NOW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crazy ppl will be able to get guns even with gun control, its like fighting piracy with heavy DRM, it dont really work
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

We already have a thread about this.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck man. Tragedy hits close to home, I got to Newtown all the time.

This yahoo article is saying 27 people killed? No way they have that information already. I can't find a death count on any other major site.

This shit is depressing.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

You say "Gun Problem" like stricter gun control would have stopped a deranged man from doing this heinous thing. Unfortunately, even with the strictest of gun laws, people who want to do harm will find a way to do it. You currently have to get background checked and stuff ANYWAY to buy a gun. And in connecticut, where the shooting took place, these are the laws: http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys...gunlaws_ct.htm
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Even if there was an organised gun attack on every school and university in the US you wouldn't get any gun control laws as a result of it. The NRA and the arms manufacturers have too much leverage on politicians for that to happen. They love it when this kind of thing happens, because there is a huge rush to buy more guns by the panicking populace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

This yahoo article is saying 27 people killed? No way they have that information already. I can't find a death count on any other major site.

This shit is depressing.
    BBC are saying the same thing, it is a sad thing to occur.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    You say "Gun Problem" like stricter gun control would have stopped a deranged man from doing this heinous thing. Unfortunately, even with the strictest of gun laws, people who want to do harm will find a way to do it. You currently have to get background checked and stuff ANYWAY to buy a gun. And in connecticut, where the shooting took place, these are the laws: http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys...gunlaws_ct.htm
    The issue is how easy it is to get firearms. Yes, there is always going to be a way, but severely limiting the options is better than nothing.

Deleted
    The thing is, countries where owning a gun is allowed has the same issues, if you really want to go shoot people you'll find a gun anywhere, whether it's legal or illegal doesn't matter. There's always people trafficking illegal weapons and other stuff, despite the fact it's forbidden or not, won't make any difference in the end.

RIP to all the victims though, I hope there's more adults than kids (rather have none, but the kids haven't lived a life yet I meant).

Deleted
    People that support the right to bear arms, their blood is on your hands. Stand up against it, it's not right.

Now's not the time to have this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

This shit is depressing.
    CNN has it at around 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a thread on this subject here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ntary-schools-!

Closed.