1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    225

    Feral - no more Predatory Swiftness Cyclone 5.2?

    After reading the comments on the PVP CC feedback it looks as though feral might be losing its main CC or do you think they will replace it with something else?

  2. #2
    This would be a shitty fix. Insta clones are really strong, but that is the main cc they offer. Its their dmg thats making them so strong and their mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  3. #3
    Even assuming you were right, Feral wouldn't be losing it's main CC at all. Predatory Swiftness is not Cyclone.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Even assuming you were right, Feral wouldn't be losing it's main CC at all. Predatory Swiftness is not Cyclone.
    they're considering taking Cyclone off of PS. They aren't removing anything.

    Whole reason i started a feral too. damnit.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,220
    They would most likely either make clones dispelable, put an internal cooldown on predatory swiftness or remove predatory swiftness altogether and make the clones castable in cat form. And they are most likely doing something about Cyclone DR. Dont expect to be compensated, ferals are strong enough as it is, and are already heavy loaded with CC.

  6. #6
    Make it castable in cat form, but melee range! BAM!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  7. #7
    Crap change. Ferals aren't OP currently because of Cyclone.

    Make it dispellable and nerf damage during Incarnation, job done.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Make it castable in cat form, but melee range! BAM!
    so make it bash?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Crap change. Ferals aren't OP currently because of Cyclone.

    Make it dispellable and nerf damage during Incarnation, job done.
    Making it dispelable messes up feral playstyle completely, and lowers their skillcap. Honestly i think ferals would be fine if they didnt have Disintanglement again. Or their dmg was nerfed. A big part of cyclone is that it cant be healed through. AKA clone a low target till you can get cc on the heals. If they could just dispel it that would negate that, when that isnt even the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Making it dispelable messes up feral playstyle completely, and lowers their skillcap. Honestly i think ferals would be fine if they didnt have Disintanglement again. Or their dmg was nerfed. A big part of cyclone is that it cant be healed through. AKA clone a low target till you can get cc on the heals. If they could just dispel it that would negate that, when that isnt even the problem.
    I would agree with you, (I play feral myself), but with the current state of dispels I don't think it'd be much of an issue. I really like it's unique behavior (not being able to bubble etc, so you use it at the end of a CC chain on a healing paladin etc), but an undispellable CC is annoying for other classes -- even if it is a good/fun mechanic for Ferals.

  11. #11
    They should probably start by removing the root dispel from shapeshift, no class with such amount of damage and CC should get access to a perma-avatar with a free sheep/hex immune

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    They should probably start by removing the root dispel from shapeshift, no class with such amount of damage and CC should get access to a perma-avatar with a free sheep/hex immune
    We had that, it was good and then they went back on it. Don't know why but to be honest right now I don't really mind. I'm currently playing my feral with full 390 PvP gear and the blue archaeology spear (upgraded and enchanted with living steel) and have way to much fun trashing about anything then to ask for nerfs.

    You guys wouldn't believe how fast those people with green quest gear die even if they're around level 89~.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    They should probably start by removing the root dispel from shapeshift, no class with such amount of damage and CC should get access to a perma-avatar with a free sheep/hex immune
    Agreed! I hate the instant cyclones and all instant CC. Also resto druids.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    so make it bash?
    you can break bash, you can't break cyclones with anything ( even paladin bubbles)

    also using cyclone to prevent healing to the player is pretty important which you can't do with bash.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  15. #15
    No ranged CC should be instant. No instant cyclones, no blood fear, no psyfiend, no PoM-poly, none of it.

    /signed, multiple gladiator warlock. Fu blood fear.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    they're considering taking Cyclone off of PS. They aren't removing anything.

    Whole reason i started a feral too. damnit.
    Welcome to the rollercoaster of changes, which is subtitled as "World of Warcraft" invest time into a character (hundred hour if you rush) only to find out that it the reasons for you to start this character is not going to exist next month.

    Because as we know, Public Test Realms are not (god forbid) testing the game and fixing stuff, but to ease the reactions against the extremely slow patch development process.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    No ranged CC should be instant. No instant cyclones, no blood fear, no psyfiend, no PoM-poly, none of it.

    /signed, multiple gladiator warlock. Fu blood fear.
    Blizzard agrees and we will see a change "soon"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Blizzard agrees and we will see a change "soon"
    "We don't want to make dramatic changes to gameplay mid-expansion" tells me that "soon" means next expansion.
    But they also mentioned that obvious talent choices will be reevaluated, which makes me think that Blood Fear or even Shockwave may receive an early treatment.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    No ranged CC should be instant. No instant cyclones, no blood fear, no psyfiend, no PoM-poly, none of it.

    /signed, multiple gladiator warlock. Fu blood fear.
    some range CC being instant is ok, as long as its on a long CD (PoM poly). Psyfiend isn't instant- it summons an attackable/interuptable mob with 30kish hp that spams a 1 sec cast time fear on all targets, prioritizing those attacking the priest. Easily countered by those with skill, nubz should L2Play.

    Blood Fear is iffish- on the one hand, it costs 10% health to cast, which is a very interesting trade off (Would that fear have actually costed you more HP then, say, a quick stun/slow and kiting would have?). In a 1v1 situation for Desto/Demo, it is pretty powerful allowing burst to be lined up and hard casted without much worry. Essentially, it adds a 10 second cooldown on Fear (A smart warlock would make sure that he didn't get interupted by juking and such, and would get off a fear anyway)

    Sometimes, insta CC is good. It makes things interesting and unpredictable. However, it needs a large trade off- PoM insta poly is good because it has a long CD. Blood Fear, on the other hand, while not so fun for the recieving, is ok because it requires 10% health sacrifice. PS insta cyclone is not so good because it can occur frequently and unpredictably.

    Feral's are pretty interesting compared to other melee CC wise. We cant be snared/rooted, we shift out of it. We aren't affected by disarm at all. You can polymorph a bad druid, but you can't polymorph a good druid. You can sleep a average druid, but a good druid cant be slept.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 01:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    "We don't want to make dramatic changes to gameplay mid-expansion" tells me that "soon" means next expansion.
    But they also mentioned that obvious talent choices will be reevaluated, which makes me think that Blood Fear or even Shockwave may receive an early treatment.
    Shockwave isnt that obvious. Is it a great talent? Yes, absolutely. However, Dragon's Roar is a pretty decent alternative, especially when versus plate- it can get in enough burst to make that target drop into execute range, which Shockwave can't do. Bladestorm, while not as good an alternative, is viable when you are playing against comps that don't have a disarm, but do have an arsenal of CC. Once every 90 seconds, you can escape from all CC button, and it can be used to put a bit of punishment on stacking players.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  20. #20
    Last time a played feral, cyclone was 20yard range and ps was spell stealable, dispelable, purgeable, groundable etc etc etc. Blood fear on the other hand is a instant 30y cc that you cant avoid, and bring you to the open. You cant los it. PS-Cyclone was fine in cata, blood fear is a new spell, you cant say that cyclone isnt fine now compairing it with blood fear, just because the two are instant. HoJ is an instant cc, P.Scream too etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •