1. #1

    Wink Nood gear question

    Hello,

    I just hit 90 on my shadow priest and was curious about gear. I read on sites that "Robes of Creation" is better than "Spelltwister's Grand Robe."

    Is this right? If so could someone explain why? Wouldn't you rather have the +686 Haste and +474 Mastery than the +580 Mastery for shadow?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    High Overlord Nelfette's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether EU
    Posts
    152
    Some BiS lists put hit significantly above other stats regardless of being hit capped or not. My point being, never blindly follow those lists. If you're confident that you can reach hit cap with other pieces of gear, then obviously go for the Spelltwister

    Basically.. this is how I've geared so far.
    Int > Hit until cap > Haste until cap > Crit > Haste after cap > Mastery
    Last edited by Nelfette; 2012-12-14 at 10:19 AM.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the help!

  4. #4
    another thing to keep in mind when you're gearing up. gem socket bonuses this tier are retarded. some of them will have, say, 120 haste or spirit, and some will have +120 intellect. the difference in stats you get from gem sockets can be pretty significant.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    Some BiS lists put hit significantly above other stats regardless of being hit capped or not. My point being, never blindly follow those lists. If you're confident that you can reach hit cap with other pieces of gear, then obviously go for the Spelltwister

    Basically.. this is how I've geared so far.
    Int > Hit until cap > Haste until cap > Crit > Haste after cap > Mastery

    thanks for the info!

  6. #6
    Another noob question: I read that the haste cap for shadow was 24.922% then 24.974%. I'm currently sitting at 17.09%. Should I just reforge everything to crit instead of haste until I get a bunch of better gear?

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,138
    Don't look at %. The number you need is 8085, the softcap isn't really a huge deal and the biggest mistake I see most Shadow Priest doing is putting so much emphasis on the 8085 mark that they give up too much int it make it worth it.

  8. #8
    Tip, for shadow priest spirit is actually way better then pure hit, the reason is that 1spi = 1hit and you get mana regen from spirit

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Breflabb View Post
    Tip, for shadow priest spirit is actually way better then pure hit, the reason is that 1spi = 1hit and you get mana regen from spirit
    only out of combat though, common misconception is that there's actually a difference between hit and spirit. it only matters if you want a healing offspec

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    only out of combat though, common misconception is that there's actually a difference between hit and spirit. it only matters if you want a healing offspec
    also usually its easier to get spi gear over hit in raids, less whining from the bazillion mages and warlocks competing for the same gear

  11. #11
    High Overlord Nelfette's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether EU
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by redbush11 View Post
    Another noob question: I read that the haste cap for shadow was 24.922% then 24.974%. I'm currently sitting at 17.09%. Should I just reforge everything to crit instead of haste until I get a bunch of better gear?
    No. Haste is still better than Crit until you reach 8085. As mentioned you shouldn't go all out on haste before you're close to the breakpoint, and by close I mean sacrificing a few hundred Int. The precise DPS loss/gain may vary, I think I changed 4 orange gems to yellow (320 Int -> 640 Haste) to reach it.

  12. #12
    Thanks for the help!

  13. #13
    Is a "nood", a noob not wearing any clothes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •