Deleted

Simming my Lock with gear I dont actually have

Hey there,

I wanted to check out some things about replacing heroic non-set gear with lfr set-pieces for the setbonus (I dont have them yet, I am just curious). Simcraft can either import from Chardev, where some of the items I have just are not implemented (the slots are empty when i import my character there) or it can import from rawr. When I try to import my character with the downloadable rawr program I get an error and every time I try to click on gear the program crashes. So I just wanted to ask if there is any other way of achieving what I am trying to do!? Am I maybe doing something wrong with one of the two programs? help is very appreciated as always!

regards

Import your character from the armory, in the imported gear list replace the item ID and gems of your old item with the new one you want to sim.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    But then my reforges are off, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    But then my reforges are off, right?

So do some math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    So do some math.
    Or create your sets on whatever programme, including reforges, and then manually put in the changes in SimC. If you're smart you'll copy the list on notepad so you can go back to it next time and not have to build and put it in again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    So do some math.
    So what exactly do you want me to do? sim the character and add the dps I might have lost due to bad reforges? Somehow edit the reforges into my imported character? (if that is even possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what exactly do you want me to do? sim the character and add the dps I might have lost due to bad reforges? Somehow edit the reforges into my imported character? (if that is even possible?
    You can edit it in. Example line from SimC BiS Affli profile:

Code:
    shaskin_robes,id=87190,gems=320mastery_320mastery_180haste,enchant=80all,reforge=crit_mastery
    Notice the end bit? Just use that same format on any piece you want to reforge. Just make sure you are precise about what you do, cause typo's will kill it.

Deleted
    aaahhh thanks, I didnt know that

That, or to be really simple you can use askmrrobot.com to import your character and make an item upgrade, optimize your reforges, and "export to simcraft" which would be easy.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Or import from WoWprofiles.com, edit your char there end then save it and import

Deleted
    Okay thanks again for the hints!!! The ask mr robot thing indeed seems the easiest, I added the gear I wanted and clicked on export. Now I have some lines about my gear but I dont know how exactly I should insert them into simcraft. Should I load my character from the armory and just replace the part about the gear? What about the gear summary? It would be still with the old values. Can I just erase or ignore it?
    Last edited by mmocf4dad66cad; 2012-12-15 at 03:35 PM.

You could also try using http://chardev.org - no need to manually change anything in simcraft that way, but you do have to set up your character in chardev first.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Okay thanks again for the hints!!! The ask mr robot thing indeed seems the easiest, I added the gear I wanted and clicked on export. Now I have some lines about my gear but I dont know how exactly I should insert them into simcraft. Should I load my character from the armory and just replace the part about the gear? What about the gear summary? It would be still with the old values. Can I just erase or ignore it?
    Just erase everything in the import or simulate tab and paste whatever askmrrobot gave you and sim it. The program will be fine
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmoon View Post
    You could also try using http://chardev.org - no need to manually change anything in simcraft that way, but you do have to set up your character in chardev first.
    Sadly that site isnt up to date with stuff..
    When i import my char it doesnt add the Elegon wand and DMF trinkets.
    I dont know why but i think he stopped working on the site. It was the best site in cata but not now in mop :<

Deleted
    As I stated in my first post I tried chardev change my gear but it doesnt have 4-5 of my items (as aumi said). I finally got it working with doing what Regen said. Thanks again to everyone for your efforts, helped me out big time. Much love to you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmoon View Post
    This is what I use. You can export (or could, haven't tried in a while) to wowreforge.com to reforge your hypothetical profile, import back into chardev, then export into simc. Saved me a toooon of gold.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.