Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Some people collect tips when they drop it. There's an engi on my server that always drops his and does a "/2 Bling down in VoS!" And I always give him 20g everytime I use his
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    All that sounded like to me was "QQ i can't squeeze an extortionate amount of money from other people and have to make the same amount of money as other professions"

Blingtron offers very little benefit is comparison to say jeeves but it's most likely because it's supposed to be a fun item rather than a chance for profit.
    Lol not QQ at all, im a BS/miner i take advantage of free chanting mats even though it isnt fully fair.

Quote Originally Posted by twoedgedcircle View Post
    Not saying people can't benefit, saying the owner should have a little higher chance. You make money on enchants don't you?
    teach me how. up until now I only lost money with enchanting lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, on my server you don't make g as an engineer, nothing sells anymore.
    Don't think of Engineering as a profession...think of it as a lifestyle.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Why the long face wilber?
    I drop mine in the inn, then relog to all my other toons, I guess it adds up over the 11 toons fast if I am honest. except when they added the party feature it sort of broke it...I wasn't able to relog to all and get pressies for a while, haven;t tried since to see if fixed....but yah, the mount can drop, and I often get the 99g grey items. rng is rng OP, welcome to the dice hate me club
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well blingtron hands out some party costumes for free, and he looks awesome.
    And the cost wasn't that "Huge", just some living steel and SoH is basically free >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Not long after i leveled to 90, i also leveled my engineering and made me a Bingtron 4000. It was really expensive to make,, but hoped to get some of his infinite wealth in return. So far i got an average of 10 gold a day, so guess it will take me about a year to break even. Only thing other then useless crap i got so far, is the +profession skill which i ofc don't need.

The only people who seem to benefit from Bling's wealth are the random people even without engineering who can just get extra gold or loot for free and have the same chance at something nice as people who spend on Bling. TBH it seems really unfair and i would like to suggest, that if you own a Bling you at least have a +10% for something good to drop, since you did the work and spend on it.

I realise the drop chance in general has been upped, but still think owners should benefit more.
    Step one: go to org.
    Step two: in trade, announce "BLINGTRON GOING DOWN IN FRONT OF VOH AH. TIPS APPRECIATED."
    Step three: Strip naked /dance.
    Step four: go back to being afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Why the long face wilber?
    I drop mine in the inn, then relog to all my other toons, I guess it adds up over the 11 toons fast if I am honest. except when they added the party feature it sort of broke it...I wasn't able to relog to all and get pressies for a while, haven;t tried since to see if fixed....but yah, the mount can drop, and I often get the 99g grey items. rng is rng OP, welcome to the dice hate me club
    He isn't broken. You now only get 1 present per account by design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    He isn't broken. You now only get 1 present per account by design.
    yep it was a "fix" it also shares a quest lock out with the cooking gift giver thingy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blingtron has already made me over 20k gold.
    how? did u earn 20k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oh gods, not this again. It's bad enough with the enchanters...

Blingtron is fun. He's a bonus, he's interesting, he's different. He creates something to talk about, helps generate a little bit of community. Sure, most of the time you'll get crap. But sometimes you'll get something that vendors for 200 gold, or perhaps you may even get an engineering mount out of it!

The bonus that an engineer gets is that they can be absolutely certain they'll see a Blingtron every single day. Anyone else has to either bug an Engineer, or hope they spot one at some point that day. Sometimes you'll see about 50 per day; sometimes you won't see one at all. Depends on how high population the server is.

Personally, I made one on my Engineer because he's fun. I like being able to give other people gifts, it's nice. I didn't really do it for myself, and honestly going into making Blingtron with a 'me me me' attitude probably isn't the right way to go about it.

I see no real reason to change it, in all honesty. But hey, if you're really bothered, just summon your Blingtron at the bottom of Vashj'ir. Nobody else can use it then!
    Both the enchanters and the engineers are right. They spend money (quite a lot of it) and others get the benefits. That's horrible design.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did it cost 4k to make? I made mine for like....free. I cant think of any mats for the thing that cost that much.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    Living steels? Atleast on my server they used to be close to 1k each during first few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put down your Blingtron in a place where all of your alts can get to it - make your money back in a fraction of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScorched View Post
    Put down your Blingtron in a place where all of your alts can get to it - make your money back in a fraction of the time.
    Not anymore. Only one character per account can complete the daily now.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Don't think of Engineering as a profession...think of it as a lifestyle.
    So True I leveled engineering on an alt and still kicking mself in the arse for not dropping enchanting to do it on my main.
    Wargen/warrior/engineer/blacksmith, the thought alone makes my mouth water.

Might not be the most profitable profession but just their is a ton of very useful self perks that in my mind makes it the best profession hands down.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-12-17 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Both the enchanters and the engineers are right. They spend money (quite a lot of it) and others get the benefits. That's horrible design.
    No, that's horrible thinking and poor mentality.

On your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    me personally I climb to unusual places then watch people trying to get to it.
    Why actually?
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-12-17 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asd12033 View Post
    how? did u earn 20k
    Selling Rhinestone Sunglasses for 10k each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yea I suppose if you rushed to make one in the first week or two living steel could have been pricey. I have an alchemist and I make living steel every day. I've actually had several 5 procs (soooo lucky) so I usually have 8-10 bars on me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    If you think in that way..., you make money with scopes and with the mounts... don't you?
    Except that there's not a huge market for the rockets. Ppl are not willing to spend more than 60k on a mount as u may think...

I think there should be some bonus to the maker, yes. I really dont mind giving gifts to ppl, I use my Bling in the middle of 7 Stars, that is not the point.

Also, still comparing to enchanters... u dont have to craft anything to use your perks as an enchanter. Just play the game normally and u'll have plenty material to do your things, always. Blingtron is a huge investment and a huge grind of not-so-fast-to-get reagents. It's really really NOT the same.

U may say that u had to grind rep with August Celestials and Shado-pan for the strong enchants, but I can garantee that engineers did it too, but for mounts, achievements, tabards and normal reputation gear, things they can only spend money on, not re-use to sell stuff (like the enchants themselves).