Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you do know that lore wise dalaran is like a country full of people right O_o
    Before everything that happened to it, yes. Most of the mages are now dead, killed by the scourge or various events. Hell, even Sunreavers where a big part of the population, and now they aren't living there anymore. It's nowhere near a big country, it's a city like any other, way smaller than any other capital.

I'm pretty sure that if they indeed had these many guys to send to war, we'd at least see one of those in ICC, which we didn't. A lot of them probably died in Ulduar, and back then, they probably weren't much of them left after all that happened to the city.

also one on one jaina would win hands down she can put up invinicbility shields and throw fireballs and ice and whatnot SHES THE STRONGEST HUMAN MAGE IN THE WORLD sylvanas was never very powerful EVER shes a ranger that means shes a hunter.
    I'm pretty sure she's not the strongest mage in the world. She's good yeah, but many other mages in history were better than her. She also has almost no experience for war, while Sylvannas is a ranger AND a banshee Queen (empowered by strong unholy energies, like every major undead). She has a LOT of experience in battle, because she's old and has seen many wars. She even looked at death in the eyes several time, she's fearless and she knows what she's doing. Also, both managed to incapacitate and cope with the Lich King itself.

To me, they're pretty much even in terms of strength, except one of them can die a few time. Don't forget Jaina almost died because of some lame warlocks in Cycle of Hatred. She's totally mortal and can be overpowered like anyone else.

every battle sylvanas has ever won has been due to sneak attacks and war crimes.
    Sue her, at least she did something.

strongest human mage in the world > hunter that couldnt even fight arthas when he was just a death knight.
    She wasn't undead yet. Now she's a banshee queen, not a mere ranger.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-12-15 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I completely forgot about that, there are various NPC's there right now channeling a spell at the outline of the crater. Personally I would like to see it above Theramore.
    Me too, I would love if Dalaran move to Theramore's spot
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it will remain a neutral city.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I wonder if it will remain a neutral city.
    From level 68-80 and anytime you're in Northrend? Yes, it will be neutral.
    Anywhere else? It's Alliance.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Suicide? Really? It's a city of mages, the best around.
    Nice, good material for the Val'kyrs "go scourge" against them....
    No, I agree that the best move is to place it over Theramore crater. Remember the last and best effort of BOTH factions is against Garrosh, in Orgrimmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    There's already a member of the Bronze Dragonflight positioned at the end of the bridge into Theramore to allow you visit the city in the past and complete lower level questing. New Dalaran won't replace Old Theramore even though Theramore crater seems to be the most likely place it would rest if not Kul Tiras. Speaking of Kul Tiras...
    I don't know if it's lame or sweet.

Oh man, now they MUST have plans to update Northrend. Making the Tournament a sports arena, instead of preparation to invade Icecrown, And hopefully making a substitute to Dalaran, ran by deserters of the Kirin Tor that thing factions < being purple mages.
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-12-15 at 09:30 AM.

Theramore would be an easy fit since it´s already phased in its pre and post bombed state depending on if you did the scenario. Dalaran wouldn´t fit anywhere else in the Cataclysm timeline so they´d had to create a whole new phase if they´d put it back in the old crater for example.
    And i bet it will be in the Orgrimar raid.

Deleted
    Any possibility that its shift out to sea sent it south and that Kul Tiras is that large landmass shrouded in mists to the Northwest of Pandaria? You can almost fly out to it but an invisible wall prevents you from actually reaching land
    That landmass is Zandalar. Now, it's not officially confirmed, but... yeah it's Zandalar.

Deleted
    I reckon it will move to Theremore and replace it for the Alliance as a sort of base for them to attack Orgrimmar easier... or something like that anyway

If the larger map of the whole of Pandaria is right, there is an entire island we can't get to yet, maybe it will settle there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what will most likely happen is Dalaran will become a quest hub in similar fashion Theramore, although I would doubt it would keep it's AH and Bank in this quest hub as otherwise they have to find a Horde counter part.

10+ Year Old Account
    This currently feels like a pissing contest ingame between Garrosh and Jaina. Its like -

Jaina "Well I have theramore and I love peace and want to be friends with the horde but I'm not against letting my king use theramore as a run though so he can attack the barrens"
    Garrosh "Raahh, I preach about honor, but am not against using a mana bomb and killing everything it lands on in the most dishonorable way ever"
    Jaina "I believed magic should be respected, but I'm not against using it to subject water elementals to destroy the city of those I use to try and make peace with"
    Garrosh "Raahh, I'm doing all this for my people, even now when I want to use a titan made bell to control the most evil force on pandaria and sacrifice my people to use it!"
    Jaina "I believe dalaran can be used for peace, but I'm not against kicking out or killing anyone with a horde tattoo because they must all be found guilty"

Jainas become as much an inconsistent mess of a character as Garrosh is now.
    #boycottchina

also one on one jaina would win hands down she can put up invinicbility shields and throw fireballs and ice and whatnot SHES THE STRONGEST HUMAN MAGE IN THE WORLD sylvanas was never very powerful EVER shes a ranger that means shes a hunter.
    sylvanas also has banshee powers and necromancy. you are overestimating mages. a good ol' arrow in the eye can kill jaina in a blink lol

sylvanas is the best archer in azeroth, and she can hit a flying bird in the eye. a mage is much easier to hit than a flying bird
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

What if Dalaran moves to the location of Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Alliance lost a big city on the continent of Kalimdor. With a Mage city taken in it's place they got a real tough stronghold instead. You know Horde left a crater there. Maybe Dalaran fits inside it (lorewise ofcourse. Game technical it wouldnt fit.)?
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-12-15 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    That landmass is Zandalar. Now, it's not officially confirmed, but... yeah it's Zandalar.
    It could what's left of Zandalar or there could be several more Isles...
    IMHO that isle is little for Zandalar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    It could what's left of Zandalar or there could be several more Isles...
    IMHO that isle is little for Zandalar
    Zandalar was destroyed in the Cataclysm and that isle is what's left of it, which is why it seems so much smaller.

Deleted
    Well if that's true, then time to reroll Alliance character.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Zandalar was destroyed in the Cataclysm and that isle is what's left of it, which is why it seems so much smaller.
    It's too small.

Jainas become as much an inconsistent mess of a character as Garrosh is now.
    I like how because you dislike what they did with the character it means she's inconsistent.

If anything they kept it logical to her reaction to the lore they've made.

You can dislike the lore that they made to make her change, but her reaction is not inconsistent.

Jaina "Well I have theramore and I love peace and want to be friends with the horde but I'm not against letting my king use theramore as a run though so he can attack the barrens"
    Garrosh "Raahh, I preach about honor, but am not against using a mana bomb and killing everything it lands on in the most dishonorable way ever"
    Jaina "I believed magic should be respected, but I'm not against using it to subject water elementals to destroy the city of those I use to try and make peace with"
    Garrosh "Raahh, I'm doing all this for my people, even now when I want to use a titan made bell to control the most evil force on pandaria and sacrifice my people to use it!"
    Jaina "I believe dalaran can be used for peace, but I'm not against kicking out or killing anyone with a horde tattoo because they must all /be found guilty"
    A lot of this is just wrong. Or blatantly generalized to the point that the true purpose has lost its meaning (Basically all the points about Jaina and half of the Garrosh ones) to shoehorn them into your PoV.

I've heard you spout your crap about "ZOMG JAINA IS NOT A CONSISTENT CHARACTER ANYMORE THEY RUINED HER WAAHHHH!" more than a few times now. And I always laugh because you never really qualify what, in your mind, would NOT make her an inconsistent character. I've brought this up on other threads where you've made this point before, but I'll do it again:

Are we to assume that you would think Jaina would have consistency if Garrosh and the Horde destroyed virtually everything good she has left in her life and continue to throw the flowers of peace? Because I'm fairly certain that is the exact opposite of "consistent."

Based on what I've seen of your postings a while back through now, I am fairly sure you just bash the lore now to bash it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-15 at 03:00 PM.

I think landing it is unnecessary -- it does quite well and is substantially more secure as a floating city (as long as the magic keeping it there is sustainable or isn't vulnerable, but even the Scourge apparently never tried). Park it over Theramore. Don't land it there; that sounds kinda morbid, setting down Dalaran in whatever Kinddy or Rhonin flakes are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think landing it is unnecessary -- it does quite well and is substantially more secure as a floating city (as long as the magic keeping it there is sustainable or isn't vulnerable, but even the Scourge apparently never tried). Park it over Theramore. Don't land it there; that sounds kinda morbid, setting down Dalaran in whatever Kinddy or Rhonin flakes are still there.
    And that way you could always get a Futurama moment if you dispel the leviation magic just on one side so that Dalaran tilts and all mages tumble down to the ground...