Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Maybe back to its old spot in Hillsbrad.
    This would also give some use to the ancient portal spell mages can learn. (Well more use than killing unsuspecting people ofc >)

Dalaran is loose!
    Feel the magic,
    Hear the roar,
    Dalaran is loose!
    Dala, Dala, Dala, Dalaran!

Dalaran!

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Suicide? Really? It's a city of mages, the best around.
    the forsaken blight managed to stun the lich king and kill huge armies of the scourge, the alliance and the horde instantly. it took many red dragons to burn the plague with life-fire in order to stop if from spreading. imagine what it'll do to dalaran if it lands somewhere the forsaken catapults can reach.

right now the forsaken aren't using the blight because garrosh forbids it, but considering his latest developments, I don't think he'll be against it for much longer.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If it gets moved to Hillsbrad, I wonder how much of the surrounding area will become Alliance friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Or Jaina could just use her magic to explode the plague cauldrons on the forsaken before they get a chance to launch it, creating an endlessly fun plot twist of the forsaken being melted into angry puddles of goo.
    people call the forsaken cowards for a reason: they usually don't attack while you can defend yourself. if they were to plaguebomb dalaran, they'd do it while dalaran is defenseless. in the middle of a siege, for instance.

EDIT: I called dalaran "theramore" for some reason lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring it dalaran! I've sat around dalaran for like 2 years, i know it's weaknesses! The second you enter org air space you are gonna be begging you hadn't promoted jaina to your leader :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krubar View Post
    This would also give some use to the ancient portal spell mages can learn. (Well more use than killing unsuspecting people ofc >)
    yeah the horde mages have it we can portal in and massacre up the place from the inside

10+ Year Old Account
    yes and hurry up blizzard and close off a portion or all of Orgrimmar for everyones raid.... Dalaran won't move to Kul Tiras, theramore maybe or back to the mountains but not to a isle that doesn't exist in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    yes and hurry up blizzard and close off a portion or all of Orgrimmar for everyones raid.... Dalaran won't move to Kul Tiras, theramore maybe or back to the mountains but not to a isle that doesn't exist in game.
    lol coz it would be so hard to add a zone in patch 5.3(or who knows even 5.2) amirite ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    lol coz it would be so hard to add a zone in patch 5.3(or who knows even 5.2) amirite ?
    well they did say we'd see kul tiras this expansion at some point.. even though its at the southern tip of Gilneas unless it moved closer to the malstrom(sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    well they did say we'd see kul tiras this expansion at some point.. even though its at the southern tip of Gilneas unless it moved closer to the malstrom(sp?)
    IMHO Blizz planed Kul'tiras for Cataclysm
    The World of Warcraft expansion did not introduce Kul Tiras, in spite of the fact that the entire world is being revamped. According to Bornakk, Kul Tiras "will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea...." We may yet get to experience Kul Tiras in later patches.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Kul_Tiras#cite_note-1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Will we be hearing from any of the old or neglected human nations in Cata, specifically Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, and the remnants of Alterac (hey, Deathwing paraded around as an Alterac noble before)?
    A: With the revamp of the classic World of Warcraft zones, players will get a chance to see how the fallen nations of Stromgarde and Alterac have fared over the last few years. Kul Tiras, the island nation, will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1008430853

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran + Stromgarde and Danath fight the Forsaken in Arathi.
    Would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll most likely go to Kalimdor. Jaina ends the Alliance quests mobilizing the Kirin Tor against Garrosh (you know, the guy responsible for obliterating her entire nation and all of its people, crippling and nearly murdering Anduin, and placing goons in the Sunreavers to get him weapons of mass destruction), not Sylvanas or Silvermoon.

"The Kirin Tor will come down so hard on Garrosh his ancestors will reel!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the forsaken blight managed to stun the lich king and kill huge armies of the scourge, the alliance and the horde instantly. it took many red dragons to burn the plague with life-fire in order to stop if from spreading. imagine what it'll do to dalaran if it lands somewhere the forsaken catapults can reach.

right now the forsaken aren't using the blight because garrosh forbids it, but considering his latest developments, I don't think he'll be against it for much longer.
    It was a suprise attack. It worked, sure, but it won't be such a surprise when they are flying over Hillsbrad, it will be all much expected.
    It's still a city of mages, flying in the air, rainning down death and destruction...

Deleted
    If they moved Dalaran back to it's old location, would the current regular Dalaran portal become what the Ancient Portal: Dalaran is? So the current Dalaran portal will just lead to someone's death in in Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    If they moved Dalaran back to it's old location, would the current regular Dalaran portal become what the Ancient Portal: Dalaran is? So the current Dalaran portal will just lead to someone's death in in Northrend?
    The current Dalaran would most likely remain the same, as the whole continent of Northrend takes place two expansions in the past. "a pocket of time" is the best way to describe it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The Dome has been there since at least mid-cata when I went there as part of the quest to get attuned to Karazhan.
    The dome has been there since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Or Jaina could just use her magic to explode the plague cauldrons on the forsaken before they get a chance to launch it, creating an endlessly fun plot twist of the forsaken being melted into angry puddles of goo.
    A better question there: why move Dalaran to a territory where they will be in a constant siege? I mean okay, they could overpower the forsake, but is it really the best place possible? Above Theramore kinda makes sense, but moving it into Hillsbrad is just as smart asmoving it into Blackrock Mountain. Below the lava level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Moving it Hillsbrad would be suicide.

The Forsaken would just plague bomb them to death while Garrosh would celebrate Proudmoore's death in Org.

Altough it wouldn't be the 1st time Dalaran would move to the middle of Undead controlled territory.
    The forsaken aren't a match to Jaina and her entourage, they'd be annihilated even before they have a plan to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The forsaken aren't a match to Jaina and her entourage, they'd be annihilated even before they have a plan to attack.
    Or the other way around. Who knows what forsaken left in Dalaran before they left. And I dont necessarilly mean plague. Arcane dampeners or more mundane explosive charges placed at strategic places can do as much damage.

As I said before, Dalaran flying is its biggest strength, but also biggest weakness.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-14 at 05:44 PM.