Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why were you SV for this fight? Just to multi-dot echoes at the end? (not at the end of your video yet)

Or was it because your pet has a tendency to kill itself? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why were you SV for this fight? Just to multi-dot echoes at the end? (not at the end of your video yet)

Or was it because your pet has a tendency to kill itself? :P
    maybe he doesnt like BM, i myself hate playing BM and prefer MM or SV a lot more. so thats a very valid reason.

I think he said he plays BM in another thread for most fights.

well after doing heroic amber attempts as survival for a few days my ui was switched around where it would take me a few minutes to set it up to play bm again so i just rolled with survival. normally i play bm

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 03:12 PM ----------

pet getting 1 shot by the boss on this fight is soooo annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamindps View Post
    well after doing heroic amber attempts as survival for a few days my ui was switched around where it would take me a few minutes to set it up to play bm again so i just rolled with survival. normally i play bm

It's actually not hard to counter. Just don't throw KC just when the boss is about to fly down, because MD doesn't affect KC and any of the pet damage, so your pet will get aggro and die. Same goes for every other platform, just stay on the boss for another GCD or two while hes in the air, and then go on the Echo. Really simple.

What is the cool addon you use for tracking your dots ?
    Nice kill btw.

Looks like TellMeWhen with obscenely large icons. Like, whoa, those icons are big.

If you keep your pet on passive, it resolves the issue: If you are BM for the encounter and your pet does decide to drop dead, you can pop Heart of the Phoenix for a quick revival.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    It's actually not hard to counter. Just don't throw KC just when the boss is about to fly down, because MD doesn't affect KC and any of the pet damage, so your pet will get aggro and die. Same goes for every other platform, just stay on the boss for another GCD or two while hes in the air, and then go on the Echo. Really simple.
    Well, this is a lot better than what I was doing if my pet decided to drop dead (although I haven't had issues with it, when it's on passive). Does it still die in heroic if the pet is on passive?

How do you get that little trail on your cursor?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    What is the cool addon you use for tracking your dots ?
    Nice kill btw.
    Looks like power auras or weak auras. Can make warnings / timers for just about anything in game with high customisation on their appearance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 10:51 PM ----------

Hmmm my guild killed this last week. We just leave the echo up in final phase. We thought about killing echo but never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    How do you get that little trail on your cursor?
    called cursor - i just got it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sl00thy View Post
    called cursor - i just got it myself.
    I really needed this, sometimes finding your cursor in the middle of a mess of a fight is tough, thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Looks like TellMeWhen with obscenely large icons. Like, whoa, those icons are big.
    The only things bigger are his damage meter, and his face.

Would you say that SV is better than BM for H amber shaper? My guild is attempting it this week. Also I hate when my pet dies on that fight too.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Would you say that SV is better than BM for H amber shaper? My guild is attempting it this week. Also I hate when my pet dies on that fight too.
    survival is definately more dps on amber. and you can help kill living embers

"Use your CCs"

*looks at Scatter/Silencing Shot as they don't get used more than once*

survival is definately more dps on amber. and you can help kill living embers

Thanks for the vid! That fight looks so much easier than I thought it would be.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart