1. #1
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, UK
    Posts
    15

    Question CoE behaving funny

    So...

    Logged on yesterday, went to farm got my grown veggies, then proceeded to clear up.

    One of the plots was dusty, so as normal clicked on it & a Vermin pops up, I do my opener CoE, SB:SS etc & notice that CoE is only 2 minutes not 5 minutes.

    Ok, a little weird but meh its dead quick enough.

    Then went to MC to farm for my T2 legs & try some luck at getting the pets (which was 50% successful got a pet but no legs :C) CoE back up to 5 minutes.

    All the HC's I did CoE was 5 minutes, so thought nothing of it, back to farm again this time on a Hawk CoE 2 minutes again.

    Can't see anything in the patch notes & no mmo-c forum posts about it.

    Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

  2. #2
    I noticed same 2 min CoE on some mob, can't remember where and what mob, but it was only a 2min CoE

    edit: Just tested this on my farm and CoE on Virmen was 2min... funny
    Last edited by Einomies; 2012-12-13 at 09:47 AM.
    Jokkepappa of Depraved
    EU - Twilight's Hammer
    WoWProgress

  3. #3
    I've noticed 2 min CoE's for months....things is they were always on mobs I hadn't tagged, or even gotten close to yet sometimes. I was affliction for most of the time, but I never use the CoE spread through Soul Burn, so that wasn't it. I took it for a weird bug/add on problem tbh. Didn't even bother to report it :S

    EDIT: something unrelated, perhaps, but still a farm problem since 5.1 is that my Wrathguard doesn't create aggro on the pests anymore, and his damage doesn't seem to end up in my battle text, even if he does do normal damage (mob health goes down without my help). SO maybe there's just soemthing screwy in general with the farm pests.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-13 at 10:00 AM.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  4. #4
    Got CoE cast on me in BG yesterday and noticed it was 2 mins, assumed it was from the Aura but thinking about it now I was fighting a Destruction Warlock...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cprafferty View Post
    So...

    Logged on yesterday, went to farm got my grown veggies, then proceeded to clear up.

    One of the plots was dusty, so as normal clicked on it & a Vermin pops up, I do my opener CoE, SB:SS etc & notice that CoE is only 2 minutes not 5 minutes.

    Ok, a little weird but meh its dead quick enough.

    Then went to MC to farm for my T2 legs & try some luck at getting the pets (which was 50% successful got a pet but no legs :C) CoE back up to 5 minutes.

    All the HC's I did CoE was 5 minutes, so thought nothing of it, back to farm again this time on a Hawk CoE 2 minutes again.

    Can't see anything in the patch notes & no mmo-c forum posts about it.

    Anyone else getting this or is it just me?
    I've gotten 2min CoEs before as well and I'm not sure what causes it.

    I have a hunch one of the things that causes it is casting it on multiple targets in quick succession, but not sure.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I've gotten 2min CoEs before as well and I'm not sure what causes it.

    I have a hunch one of the things that causes it is casting it on multiple targets in quick succession, but not sure.

    Had 2 minutes CoE on Millhouse in Arena. So it isn't a multi target issue.

  7. #7
    Isn't the 2minute CoE just caused by pvp targets? Just like the other curse (can't remember its name) only last for 12 sec instead 30 sec on pvp targets, wouldn't this be the same? CoE has always lasted 2 min on pvp targets afaik, guessing the farm mobs are just bugging, and thus are registered as pvp targets

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggeda View Post
    Isn't the 2minute CoE just caused by pvp targets? Just like the other curse (can't remember its name) only last for 12 sec instead 30 sec on pvp targets, wouldn't this be the same? CoE has always lasted 2 min on pvp targets afaik, guessing the farm mobs are just bugging, and thus are registered as pvp targets
    Not the biggest Warlock expert myself, but this seems like the most reasonable explanation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Had 2 minutes CoE on Millhouse in Arena. So it isn't a multi target issue.
    I never said it was the only cause, just potentially one of them.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 04:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggeda View Post
    Isn't the 2minute CoE just caused by pvp targets? Just like the other curse (can't remember its name) only last for 12 sec instead 30 sec on pvp targets, wouldn't this be the same? CoE has always lasted 2 min on pvp targets afaik, guessing the farm mobs are just bugging, and thus are registered as pvp targets
    I've had it happen repeatedly on bosses/npc's. It's possible that there is a bug related to it where a boss is sometimes recognized as a player instead of an NPC or something.

  10. #10
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, UK
    Posts
    15
    So after reading these, I checked the EU forums, nothing, nada, zip about it.

    So how to report this bug?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cprafferty View Post
    So after reading these, I checked the EU forums, nothing, nada, zip about it.

    So how to report this bug?
    Bugs are reported in game on the ticket making tab.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •