10+ Year Old Account

Should PS3 players be reimbursed for Dawnguard?

So, we're in December now and Dawnguard has still not been released for Ps3 players. Now, of course, Xbox was supposed to get it a month earlier than everyone else, but Dawnguard released on June 26. Almost 6 months ago, so Dawnguard is 5 months late for the PS3 players. Do you think Bethesda should make Dawnguard free for a week? Half price? Nothing at all?

I personally think it should be free or they should half the price for a month or something. Honestly it's ridiculous that they still haven't released it for PS3 and they've even released their 2nd story DLC already for Xbox. Maybe make a bundle... Dawnguard and Dragonborn for 20 dollars.

No, if they could release it, they would. They gain nothing by not releasing it, and you lose nothing. Its not like you bought it and havent received it yey, why do you deserve anything free?

It's non essential dlc so no you wont get reimbursed.
    If i read it correctly they are having problems converting the dlc for the ps3 and it's lucky your getting it at all

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a smack in the face to Ps3 players. Yes, it's non-essential, but when I see Bethesda stating that the DLC is gonna launch a month after the xbox version and then a 6 months later we don't even have a release date for it, I think it's time to throw the Ps3 players a bone

P.S. I already have Dawnguard on PC. I just think it's an interesting topic.

Why should they do that? Like, what do they owe you? You bought the game, and you got it. The save freezing is terrible and that sucks. And the fact that PS3 is shit to develop for is bad too, but this is something that people know. It's pretty easy to find developers complaining of their hatred for PS3 development.

But seriously, why do they owe you anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    No, if they could release it, they would. They gain nothing by not releasing it, and you lose nothing. Its not like you bought it and havent received it yey, why do you deserve anything free?
    This guy nailed it. You haven't paid for anything. Why should you be given something free or half priced because it hasn't been released yet? Imagine if that was the case for everything. Hell, we wouldn't have to pay for nearly anything.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be like if a shipping company said you'd get your new pair of shoes in 2-3 business days and it takes them 10-11 business days. Yeah, you still got the shoes, but they failed in their promise of fast shipping.

Bethesda stated that the PC and PS3 versions of Dawnguard would be out around a month after the xbox version came out. 6 months later, and there's still no release date as to when the Ps3 version will be out. They failed their customers. You have to put yourself in the shoes of the PS3 players. Think about how excited you were to play Dawnguard. Now imagine if you got excited because you knew the game was supposed to be out within a week. Then Bethesda makes an announcement saying that the Ps3 version is going to take longer than expect. So, you wait patiently for a couple weeks, but after that it would get frustrating for anyone. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if it had been delayed for all systems, but the fact that xbox and PC players have been sitting there playing it for months is a slap in the face to Ps3 players.

Maybe "free" is too far, but I definitely think they should have a week of it being 50% off when Dawnguard launches.

Deleted
    if they havnt released it yet, its probably for a good reason. you havn't paid for the DLC yet so they owe you nothing. though would be nice if they offered it half price when they finally release it.

i already have it on xbox.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It'd be like if a shipping company said you'd get your new pair of shoes in 2-3 business days and it takes them 10-11 business days. Yeah, you still got the shoes, but they failed in their promise of fast shipping.
    But that's different right there. See, you PAID for a product in your analogy and you are being delayed due to the shipping company being slow for an unknown reason. That does not apply to what Bethesda is doing with the Ps3 release of Dawnguard. You purchased Skyrim, and you have Skyrim. You've played it, loved it, probably spent way to much time on it but you have the game. They weren't late with it, and that's that. Now they said they would be releasing ADDITIONAL content at which you could take it upon yourself to purchase, and said they would release it in a specific time period. Did they? No. Are they scamming their customers? No. How could they be, you haven't paid for anything yet and couldn't possibly be being cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they owe you anything. They will release it when they can release it and maybe they wont even do that. Them's the breaks of the console war.

Deleted
    Personally, I think not.

The only situation I can think of where they would be reimbursed is if the promise of DLC was part of a pre-purchase package, like Borderlands 2 and the Mechromancer class.

I think maybe a discounted price (If it comes out) would just be a nice gesture, I don't feel that Bethesda actually owe PS3 players anything.

They don't owe you shit. Why would they release a free game? Even as a PR move all that would do is embolden people who think they're entitled to compensation whenever they don't get what they want.

If you bought your PS3 based on this announced release date, then that was pretty stupid. If you bought it for unrelated reasons or owned it already, then you haven't been inconvenienced any differently than if they had canceled the release altogether.

Grow up.

I think this would be an absolutely terrible move to make. As Magpai stated, it would develop further the entitled mentality that a lot of gamers have been adopting the past 5 or so years. I've never approved of it and never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is for the refund isn't for Dawnguard or DLC itself, hell it's for the whole game.

Skyrim had game breaking bugs in PS3 for ages and still there.
    6MB save over = bai bai frames. All the way down.
    Patch it up, go into water, bai bai game.
    Save corruption (think this was patched though).
    Memory leaks. (this too).

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...eat-it-chumps/
    Thought the image was a bit amusing.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Sonys-Problem
    In terms of 'not Sony's fault'.

Some European countries has gotten refunds, wish I remember where the source was, =\

The game for PS3 is still bugged up unless there was some magic patch that I am unaware of.
    Anecdotally there are cases where people are getting refunds for Skyrim (full) from Amazon due to these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I'm crazy and PS3 players just have to suck it up. Okay good bye.