Page 1 of 2
LastLast

After hybrid healing nerf, I don't get what the vision is for Spriest in PVP....

There are burst specs, DoT specs, specs for control or specs with survivability. Where does Spriest fit?

I don't feel like a DoT spec because our dots are pathetic. Any random crap geared DK's dots tick harder than mine.

I'm not a burst spec except for RNG or maybe execute phase.

And after the most recent nerf to hybrid healing, my heals just feel like a wasted GCD.

So what am I supposed to bring to the table in PVP as a Spriest?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cc + burst, shadowpriest is strong in pvp for hes cc and the burst with the proper use of orbs and pet

Deleted
    Hi there,

I have to disagree with you, if you watch Reckful stream you will see what shadow priest can do atm. The burst is amazing when timed properly with pet and trinkets, good enough to solo healers at 2200+ rating and I am not exaggerating. The class has so much utility and the main goal of SP in arena is to support its team by bringing some off heals, shields, aoe fears, disarms and most important mass dispels. I know you might feel like sp sux but they get so much better with higher gear lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    Hi there,

I have to disagree with you, if you watch Reckful stream you will see what shadow priest can do atm. The burst is amazing when timed properly with pet and trinkets, good enough to solo healers at 2200+ rating and I am not exaggerating. The class has so much utility and the main goal of SP in arena is to support its team by bringing some off heals, shields, aoe fears, disarms and most important mass dispels. I know you might feel like sp sux but they get so much better with higher gear lvl.
    what you mean to say is when in the position of having a mage on your team peeling melee off you you can fill in the gaps in his CC with things on different DRs actually and use abilities you're otherwise disallowed from without said mage

its nice to be able to freecast but it isn't because of anything priests can do for themselves, its unfortunate but they basically tried to give us tools to change that dependance and failed to do so, welcome to how disc has been for the last two expansions
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2012-12-15 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    what you mean to say is when in the position of having a mage on your team peeling melee off you you can fill in the gaps in his CC with things on different DRs actually and use abilities you're otherwise disallowed from without said mage

its nice to be able to freecast but it isn't because of anything priests can do for themselves, its unfortunate but they basically tried to give us tools to change that dependance and failed to do so, welcome to how disc has been for the last two expansions
    Disc? Say hello to holy the past 3 expansions. How come whenever priest healing needs a PvP buff it's always disc? Does GC think its fine to just buff disc and be satisfied?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our healing is still pretty power in comparison to other class (those poor ele shamans: /) and damage really depends on how well geared your are. I'd say we were pretty fairly nerfed as our healing was pretty ridiculous. Our damage is still quite good and constant due to our procs especially with the trinket change, it allows us to have more opportunities to put our some pressure with dots/procs as opposed to only once every two minutes.
    Last edited by Cat1337; 2012-12-16 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Disc? Say hello to holy the past 3 expansions. How come whenever priest healing needs a PvP buff it's always disc? Does GC think its fine to just buff disc and be satisfied?
    You miss my point in that priests do now and have long since relied on others to reach maximum potential in pvp and it is frustrating to get changes and nerfs that are not for you or aren't well targeted to fix a particular issue that ruin what little edge you have when not in the ideal comp

If they made holy the great pvp spec for priests that's fine but right now disc and holy both suck and neither have any way of overcoming the problems we have without major changes to how the specs work, shadow does alright but a lot of people don't understand how half assed most of our abilities are.

-worst silence in the game, no lockout just blanket even if on cast and 45 second CD

-disarm and stun in one ability that if the person has a weapon chain is just a minor irritation to sit, and requires us to either be in a position where it only wastes one orb or throw away all the damage of a DP for it

-our only spammable CC takes a talent and CCs yourself while used

-our root talent and our aoe fear are melee range and pathetically easy to predict and counter

-our only real damage CD is power infusion (besides fiend) takes a talent and is dispellable or worse stealable

-both instant mind spike and blast procs can and are spam dispelled by mindless purges stopping those talents from being of any use in situations against melee you need them most against

-our big damage reduction requires you silence yourself

-our big healing CD requires you have multiple dots/procs/a long period of free casting to be effective

-our level 90 talent is pretty much a stealth breaker and situational damage button likely halo there to be used 1-3 times a match

-our defensive and offensive CDs get used for mana off cd after the first use and get forced out so you can continue to cast spells because good luck keeping up with all the shit you have to cast with just mana from 2-3 vts that get dispelled all the time because our dispel protection on it is less than a joke

-our best offensive CD if able to be used not just for mana can be CCed and any number of ways on seperate DRs from you and you can only dispel some of them and only then with mass dispel, wasted cd and 40k mana so it can just be CCd again

-our psyfiend has so little health nearly any special attack will one shot it and it likes to linger not casting for up to 5 seconds after use for no reason is CCable and only has a 20 yard range anyways so its as simple as walk or blink etc away to counter it, its limited to a deterrent or layer for someone sitting a full cc already

-we have zero mobility all our speed boosts are mediocre and sacrifice phantasm(good joke can't operate without it) or our only snare(if it can be called that)

-our only snare requires we stop moving to use so it serves no purpose for closing a gap and on top of that is a channel so anyone with an interrupt isn't going to let you just hang out casting it

-mass dispel is a good ability even at the high cost it has but it is ridiculous that with the glyph it can be pushed back and give someone the opportunity to interrupt it, or if they just get lucky and toss out an interrupt on it, the point of the glyph is to not have to worry about an interrupt on it yet it happens all the time still

-spectral guise doesn't even work half the time the damage hits you instead if you use it too close to the damage event it breaks on dots and sacrifices an emergency heal (enabling void shift to be used to heal someone instead of being limited to using it on a mage in block or bubbled paladin to heal yourself) or auto shield and now cant even be used mid CC to break the chain and allow you at least 1-2 gcds

-not even worth mentioning why SW:Insanity is trash or why no one uses it or twist of fate in pvp

-and last but not least our off healing is pretty much flattened by the recent changes even if you use 4 pc mooncloth, pretty much a wash either way, flash heal healing for so little that 4 crits in a row is what it takes to heal me to full from 10% ish is just not okay that isn't ever going to happen and unless you can stay los sacrifice likely 10-12 seconds out of the match to do it and not lose ground while your team fights without you, you aren't fucking doing it its bad that they take away pvp power scaling but now its like I'm handing them the game if I come out of shadow form for more than 2 seconds to heal.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    Our healing is still pretty power in comparison to other class (those poor ele shamans: /) and damage really depends on how well geared your are. I'd say we were pretty fairly nerfed as our healing was pretty ridiculous. Our damage is still quite good and constant due to our procs especially with the trinket change, it allows us to have more opportunities to put our some pressure with dots/procs as opposed to only once every two minutes.
    Pooling procs likely means they get dispelled before you use them and the trinket is half the sp now and although its up every mind bender it was up every PI before so its certainly not a buff to the trinkets. We really just don't have good burst without all three and even with it now that its 2300 whatever sp not 5100 its not what it was. They make changes like this for three or maybe five specs that do too much burst and hurt people that didn't need the nerf. Our sustained damage is really not anything even if we can keep 100% uptime on dots for at least two targets melee just shut us down so badly and they tick for less than nothing on someone in full pvp gear. Your setup has to be great to give you time to try for a kill and what it takes to pull it off are the CDs you would need to get away for a few seconds at a time to keep up sustained damage outside of that try for a kill its really one or the other and most other classes can do both without penalty or chance of going oom and do better jobs of it.
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2012-12-16 at 06:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    -worst silence in the game, no lockout just blanket even if on cast and 45 second CD
    I'll have to disagree with this. Blanket silence is in most cases much better than lockout since you can prevent anything from being cast. At the moment I would call it a bit too strong and would like to see it as mages counterspell which could promote smart playing not (as warriors used to do it before patch) spaming it whenever you see the opportunity.

-disarm and stun in one ability that if the person has a weapon chain is just a minor irritation to sit, and requires us to either be in a position where it only wastes one orb or throw away all the damage of a DP for it
    Again, have to disagree. How many classes beside rogue and warrior have disarm duration reduced?
    It has won me many games with only one orb where I've manged to chain it from silence>poly>fear>1 second disarm.

-our only spammable CC takes a talent and CCs yourself while used
    MC was like that since beginning of the game. The thing that disturbs me is the fact they've put it as a talent.

-our root talent and our aoe fear are melee range and pathetically easy to predict and counter
    Before patch Psyfiend was really overpowered with 1,5s cast. It's balanced now and requires a good positioning in order to be effective, and tell me how can a melee who is training you predict that you will use tendrils?

-our only real damage CD is power infusion (besides fiend) takes a talent and is dispellable or worse stealable
    Agreed. We need DA back

-both instant mind spike and blast procs can and are spam dispelled by mindless purges stopping those talents from being of any use in situations against melee you need them most against
    This isn't a priest problem only. All classes have problems with purge.

-our big damage reduction requires you silence yourself
    Which again makes it balanced.

-our big healing CD requires you have multiple dots/procs/a long period of free casting to be effective
    In 3s situation you will almost always have dots on at least 2 targets. Use it when you have 3 orbs DP ready and healing will be decent.

-our level 90 talent is pretty much a stealth breaker and situational damage button likely halo there to be used 1-3 times a match
    Agreed, although good halo can be a game breaker.

-our defensive and offensive CDs get used for mana off cd after the first use and get forced out so you can continue to cast spells because good luck keeping up with all the shit you have to cast with just mana from 2-3 vts that get dispelled all the time because our dispel protection on it is less than a joke
    VT protection should be buffed a bit, but still, i never find myself struggling with mana except against heavy cleave teams where I spend 90% of time healing (and that is the case where you should be struggling with mana)

-our best offensive CD if able to be used not just for mana can be CCed and any number of ways on seperate DRs from you and you can only dispel some of them and only then with mass dispel, wasted cd and 40k mana so it can just be CCd again
    Again, it separates good priests from bad priests, knowing when you can use your cooldowns effectively.

-our psyfiend has so little health nearly any special attack will one shot it and it likes to linger not casting for up to 5 seconds after use for no reason is CCable and only has a 20 yard range anyways so its as simple as walk or blink etc away to counter it, its limited to a deterrent or layer for someone sitting a full cc already
    Little thing is bugged, and i think i've read a blue tweet where it's stated that his HP will be buffed

-we have zero mobility all our speed boosts are mediocre and sacrifice phantasm(good joke can't operate without it) or our only snare(if it can be called that)
    Agreed completely.

-our only snare requires we stop moving to use so it serves no purpose for closing a gap and on top of that is a channel so anyone with an interrupt isn't going to let you just hang out casting it
    MF? It never used to be for gap closing which we as a range class don't need that much. It's used as a filler damage spell and nothing else. It has it uses for peeling off your teammates but that's all.

-mass dispel is a good ability even at the high cost it has but it is ridiculous that with the glyph it can be pushed back and give someone the opportunity to interrupt it, or if they just get lucky and toss out an interrupt on it, the point of the glyph is to not have to worry about an interrupt on it yet it happens all the time still
    You need to be a God damn machine to interrupt 0,4 (after haste) cast...

-spectral guise doesn't even work half the time the damage hits you instead if you use it too close to the damage event it breaks on dots and sacrifices an emergency heal (enabling void shift to be used to heal someone instead of being limited to using it on a mage in block or bubbled paladin to heal yourself) or auto shield and now cant even be used mid CC to break the chain and allow you at least 1-2 gcds
    It behaves strange for some reason. And about Void Shift, you do realize how OP the spell is at the moment? Imagine paladin being able to LoH in arena. It has many purposes and in setup like Godcomp it's nearly impossible to kill anything. Druid with symb will have IB, mage has IB you have Dispersion with VS which can be used (if enemy is training you) along with Alter Time to totally ignore all damage other team has done.

-not even worth mentioning why SW:Insanity is trash or why no one uses it or twist of fate in pvp
    Even if it was worth something, it has to be buffed to oblivion to outweight FDCL.

-and last but not least our off healing is pretty much flattened by the recent changes even if you use 4 pc mooncloth, pretty much a wash either way, flash heal healing for so little that 4 crits in a row is what it takes to heal me to full from 10% ish is just not okay that isn't ever going to happen and unless you can stay los sacrifice likely 10-12 seconds out of the match to do it and not lose ground while your team fights without you, you aren't fucking doing it its bad that they take away pvp power scaling but now its like I'm handing them the game if I come out of shadow form for more than 2 seconds to heal.
    Again, I can't stress you how OP was our offhealing before patch. 90K flash heal hits from a hybrid was OP. Even now 50K hits and 100K crits is a bit big.

Pooling procs likely means they get dispelled before you use them and the trinket is half the sp now and although its up every mind bender it was up every PI before so its certainly not a buff to the trinkets. We really just don't have good burst without all three and even with it now that its 2300 whatever sp not 5100 its not what it was. They make changes like this for three or maybe five specs that do too much burst and hurt people that didn't need the nerf. Our sustained damage is really not anything even if we can keep 100% uptime on dots for at least two targets melee just shut us down so badly and they tick for less than nothing on someone in full pvp gear. Your setup has to be great to give you time to try for a kill and what it takes to pull it off are the CDs you would need to get away for a few seconds at a time to keep up sustained damage outside of that try for a kill its really one or the other and most other classes can do both without penalty or chance of going oom and do better jobs of it.
    First, why would you use Mindbender over FDCL?
    Second, again it's problem with shamans not with our procs.
    And third, you're not alone in arena.

You do realize that Shadow Priest is only non healer who has defensive dispel?
    Current meta game is all about low sustained damage and killing someone in few globals. Shadow Priests if anything are a bit too strong and some spells need to be nerfed/tweaked around to make it on par with other hybrids.

OR simply boost off heals from the other hybrid.

The only problem right now for me at elast, is that i fell like a hell of a wrecking ball against other casters and a total punchball against melees.

Why do we always have to be the babysitted ones in arena? =(

10+ Year Old Account
    The only hybrid off-healing that has really been affected are eles, balance druids, retris, enha and WW monks. Spriests still heal themself to full if they get an 8 sec fear off -.-

Shadow priests are as good as a hybrid class can get. Off heals + shields + offensive and defensive dispels + life grip, life swap. The spec has some amazing cc and decent damage as well. I don't see the problem. Most comps without 2 melee use shadow priests btw because almost non of the healers can survive without the help of a shadow priest right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I'll have to disagree with this. Blanket silence is in most cases much better than lockout since you can prevent anything from being cast. At the moment I would call it a bit too strong and would like to see it as mages counterspell which could promote smart playing not (as warriors used to do it before patch) spaming it whenever you see the opportunity.

Again, have to disagree. How many classes beside rogue and warrior have disarm duration reduced?
    It has won me many games with only one orb where I've manged to chain it from silence>poly>fear>1 second disarm.

MC was like that since beginning of the game. The thing that disturbs me is the fact they've put it as a talent.

Before patch Psyfiend was really overpowered with 1,5s cast. It's balanced now and requires a good positioning in order to be effective, and tell me how can a melee who is training you predict that you will use tendrils?

Agreed. We need DA back

This isn't a priest problem only. All classes have problems with purge.

Which again makes it balanced.

In 3s situation you will almost always have dots on at least 2 targets. Use it when you have 3 orbs DP ready and healing will be decent.

Agreed, although good halo can be a game breaker.

VT protection should be buffed a bit, but still, i never find myself struggling with mana except against heavy cleave teams where I spend 90% of time healing (and that is the case where you should be struggling with mana)

Again, it separates good priests from bad priests, knowing when you can use your cooldowns effectively.

Little thing is bugged, and i think i've read a blue tweet where it's stated that his HP will be buffed

Agreed completely.

MF? It never used to be for gap closing which we as a range class don't need that much. It's used as a filler damage spell and nothing else. It has it uses for peeling off your teammates but that's all.

You need to be a God damn machine to interrupt 0,4 (after haste) cast...

It behaves strange for some reason. And about Void Shift, you do realize how OP the spell is at the moment? Imagine paladin being able to LoH in arena. It has many purposes and in setup like Godcomp it's nearly impossible to kill anything. Druid with symb will have IB, mage has IB you have Dispersion with VS which can be used (if enemy is training you) along with Alter Time to totally ignore all damage other team has done.

Even if it was worth something, it has to be buffed to oblivion to outweight FDCL.

Again, I can't stress you how OP was our offhealing before patch. 90K flash heal hits from a hybrid was OP. Even now 50K hits and 100K crits is a bit big.

First, why would you use Mindbender over FDCL?
    Second, again it's problem with shamans not with our procs.
    And third, you're not alone in arena.

You do realize that Shadow Priest is only non healer who has defensive dispel?
    Current meta game is all about low sustained damage and killing someone in few globals. Shadow Priests if anything are a bit too strong and some spells need to be nerfed/tweaked around to make it on par with other hybrids.
    if you hadn't noticed CS and Spell Lock have a blanket silence as well and when you really need to put pressure locking a healer out of their spell school is much better than blanket silence that they can just trinket

as for disarms every melee can and should have a weapon chain and DKs have a weapon rune for it

as for void tendrils I should have separated it out they aren't predictable or bad just not as good as psyfiend which I can't pretend I'm the biggest fan of either but what am I going to do with a root against a mage really, I just like it against stampede. Wish I could have both but on a shared 45 sec cd

my problem with VE is that when you are in a situation where say your team is knocked below to another level or you get knocked off yourself or are otherwise CCd away from them for any much more than 6 seconds VE isn't going to do shit for you it has setup time, it isn't bad but I hate using it when i know it wont be good because i have nothing else or just not using it and dying.

as for our snare the problem isn't that it needs to be a gap closer all the time really its that if you so choose you can walk away from a priest and there is nothing we can do about it for the longest time paladins had no snare and they just said you're good at healing deal with it bring someone with a snare and they did, maybe we don't need a snare but ret has two now one talented and one not and something has to give, watching warriors monks and anyone with a speed boost reset a match because I'm not playing with a mage is frustrating pretty much have to tunnel their healer so they can't pull that on you and just deal with him pounding on me the whole game

if someone melees me when I go to cast mass dispel it negates the glyph you may not see it happen but I do, a lot. Maybe I'm just unlucky

I never said void shift wasn't fantastic when you can pull it off and not die it just has a high risk high reward and not taking desperate prayer to use with it makes it hard to use without dying to heal someone angelic bulwark doesn't go off until you're in execute range and you have to survive the hit that put you there for it to do anything unfortunately although it is good I just hate how everything is balanced around 3s where you are with a shaman healer and a mage most of my gripes fit under that I think

my crits are 80-90k at most with at least lightweave or jade spirit or my trinket up and high 30s for non crits, that is literally nothing compared to the 180k crits we had before, it was too good and not its not good enough and we are hurting

I use Mindbender in 2s since I want more frequent mana and burst and it lines up fine with the trinket the longer the match goes the less likely I am to win with double dps but you can replace the word sfiend in there same problem

If it were just shaman we could just go hard on them and use silence to stop them doing it when we go for a kill but its DKs and prot warriors and mages and other priests and hunters etc spammable purges on no cd going in with the new dispel system was a mistake

no I'm not alone but I wouldn't mind being able to operate without a mage holding my hand as you might have noticed a pattern in my complaints by now

15+ Year Old Account
    if you hadn't noticed CS and Spell Lock have a blanket silence as well and when you really need to put pressure locking a healer out of their spell school is much better than blanket silence that they can just trinket

as for disarms every melee can and should have a weapon chain and DKs have a weapon rune for it

as for void tendrils I should have separated it out they aren't predictable or bad just not as good as psyfiend which I can't pretend I'm the biggest fan of either but what am I going to do with a root against a mage really, I just like it against stampede. Wish I could have both but on a shared 45 sec cd

my problem with VE is that when you are in a situation where say your team is knocked below to another level or you get knocked off yourself or are otherwise CCd away from them for any much more than 6 seconds VE isn't going to do shit for you it has setup time, it isn't bad but I hate using it when i know it wont be good because i have nothing else or just not using it and dying.

as for our snare the problem isn't that it needs to be a gap closer all the time really its that if you so choose you can walk away from a priest and there is nothing we can do about it for the longest time paladins had no snare and they just said you're good at healing deal with it bring someone with a snare and they did, maybe we don't need a snare but ret has two now one talented and one not and something has to give, watching warriors monks and anyone with a speed boost reset a match because I'm not playing with a mage is frustrating pretty much have to tunnel their healer so they can't pull that on you and just deal with him pounding on me the whole game

if someone melees me when I go to cast mass dispel it negates the glyph you may not see it happen but I do, a lot. Maybe I'm just unlucky

I never said void shift wasn't fantastic when you can pull it off and not die it just has a high risk high reward and not taking desperate prayer to use with it makes it hard to use without dying to heal someone angelic bulwark doesn't go off until you're in execute range and you have to survive the hit that put you there for it to do anything unfortunately although it is good I just hate how everything is balanced around 3s where you are with a shaman healer and a mage most of my gripes fit under that I think

my crits are 80-90k at most with at least lightweave or jade spirit or my trinket up and high 30s for non crits, that is literally nothing compared to the 180k crits we had before, it was too good and not its not good enough and we are hurting

I use Mindbender in 2s since I want more frequent mana and burst and it lines up fine with the trinket the longer the match goes the less likely I am to win with double dps but you can replace the word sfiend in there same problem

If it were just shaman we could just go hard on them and use silence to stop them doing it when we go for a kill but its DKs and prot warriors and mages and other priests and hunters etc spammable purges on no cd going in with the new dispel system was a mistake

no I'm not alone but I wouldn't mind being able to operate without a mage holding my hand as you might have noticed a pattern in my complaints by now
    You can't compare us to ret paladins... It's like comparing apples and oranges.

About Horror, it's same with all disarms, they will last 50% shorter. The horror effect however will always be full. It acts almost the same as locks DC just without healing component and even when a player gets dispelled the disarm effect still stays.

Prot warriors? I'm yet to see one in arena (2390 MMR Godcomp at the moment). And you're talking about 2s? Sorry didn't see that, spriest has lots of issues there but as many have pointed out, it's 2s it doesn't matter.

And I play with druid, not shaman

I find it hard to keep procs up only against shamans in 3s, in that case I'm just using them right away to keep the pressure up and build up orbs. If mages sit on the spellsteal, then they won't have mana for doing damage. Frost DK icy touch spam has hard time taking off procs when most of the time I have renew, hots from druid, shield up. Hunter's same as mages, using focus cripple their damage.

And I would say you are very unlucky about the MD.

And your point is right, playing with mages is lots easier, but last night we were queing into 5 different spriest setups (shadowplay, shadowcleave spriest, heroic RLS, warrior/spriest/paladin, feral/spriest/shaman). We won most of the games, but many of them were pretty close.

Thing I'm saying, spriest is strong at the moment. Off-heals are still decent enough to keep your partner alive when your healer eats the CC, damage is good, MD is OP. And we can operate without mage holding our hand it just takes practice (I'm having hard time against warriors and ferals at the moment, rest are 50:50)
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-12-16 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    You can't compare us to ret paladins... It's like comparing apples and oranges.

About Horror, it's same with all disarms, they will last 50% shorter. The horror effect however will always be full. It acts almost the same as locks DC just without healing component and even when a player gets dispelled the disarm effect still stays.

Prot warriors? I'm yet to see one in arena (2390 MMR Godcomp at the moment). And you're talking about 2s? Sorry didn't see that, spriest has lots of issues there but as many have pointed out, it's 2s it doesn't matter.

And I play with druid, not shaman

I find it hard to keep procs up only against shamans in 3s, in that case I'm just using them right away to keep the pressure up and build up orbs. If mages sit on the spellsteal, then they won't have mana for doing damage. Frost DK icy touch spam has hard time taking off procs when most of the time I have renew, hots from druid, shield up. Hunter's same as mages, using focus cripple their damage.

And I would say you are very unlucky about the MD.

And your point is right, playing with mages is lots easier, but last night we were queing into 5 different spriest setups (shadowplay, shadowcleave spriest, heroic RLS, warrior/spriest/paladin, feral/spriest/shaman). We won most of the games, but many of them were pretty close.

Thing I'm saying, spriest is strong at the moment. Off-heals are still decent enough to keep your partner alive when your healer eats the CC, damage is good, MD is OP. And we can operate without mage holding our hand it just takes practice (I'm having hard time against warriors and ferals at the moment, rest are 50:50)
    Its not that mages are the only way to go for your partner just the best in every way. I suppose there probably are druids not happy about needing a mage to compete with a shaman, but I don't know a good mage so I just complain. :P (thinking of leveling mine soon honestly, when have they ever not been really good in some spec)

I don't mean to compare shadow to ret just that they used to have no snare and now priests are the only ones and the only healer with no interrupt too

I just wish they would decouple horror from orbs at least for the minimum one second horrify. The disarm can be strong but usually you have to give up more than one orb to do it when you need it because you cant control when you're going to need it, and you are always getting orbs so it feels like a waste most times. I find myself never using it off CD and mostly using it on people that are silence immune like to stop a chaos bolt or healer

Its not a bad ability it just feels weird with the disarm on it I guess it is good as dispel protection when used against melee basically but a lot of melee have shit to use while disarmed anyways even if they don't change how the debuff works at least change the orbs cost to just one flat maybe.

I think ideally it would be on the stun DR to keep it from being crazy overpowered in this iteration and usable with no orbs for just the disarm one orb adds a three second stun two orbs is four seconds and three orbs is five seconds, just a thought. Either way, the way it is now its too much build time for such a small last ditch effort peel I feel like.
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2012-12-16 at 06:47 PM.

You're 'viable' in RBGs -and- 3s, I envy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    You're 'viable' in RBGs -and- 3s, I envy that.
    Play holy? I only have one spec you envy and although ret is hurting more than shadow at least holy works

edit: I do 2s with a ret pally lol, we got hit pretty hard by the recent changes. I just don't know many people that want to do arena every week or we wouldn't be playing this comp, without survival like we had we basically have to just wait until we q against the right team comp or bad players to get our weekly points.
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2012-12-16 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because disc is the default pvp healing spec and it would be stupid for them to push people to holy knowing that holy will never work in pvp since it doesn't increase your effective hp at all, which is what makes disc so popular and wanted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Because disc is the default pvp healing spec and it would be stupid for them to push people to holy knowing that holy will never work in pvp since it doesn't increase your effective hp at all, which is what makes disc so popular and wanted in the first place.
    if you buff holy too much it becomes way too good for both pvp/pve (like right now guardian spirit is way better than ps)

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    like right now guardian spirit is way better than ps
    no, it isn't and never has been

IF it works properly(big if because its always been a buggy PoS)then it still doesn't reduce damage taken and smart players wont trigger it they will dispel it first or keep you CCd or otherwise locked down in execute range until its gone and your only dispel protection is on inner focus glyph which doesn't work for holy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    Hi there,
    The burst is amazing when timed properly with pet and trinkets, good enough to solo healers at 2200+ rating and I am not exaggerating.
    You are exaggerating. It's the worst burst in the game...
    -> DMG Spells do about half the DMG other casters can do
    -> Our crit-chance is NONEXISTENT
    -> So called "burst" is completely RNG and needs agressive multidotting to be set up
    -> there's no "usefull" DMG cooldown like every other class has.