Deleted

Warlock's current power in PVP

How good are warlocks in pvp? Judging on survivability, burst, sustained damage and general viability

Not even close of being the best, but also not even close of being the worst... Warlocks are somewhere in between...

You should specify what spec are you interested in damage/burst/survivability/etc and if in arena or rated bgs to get more concludent answers, 'cuz Destro is ace in RBGs and shit in arenas (at least at higher ratings).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played with (and also against) a few awesome warlocks this season in RBGs. I think they are doing alright. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Not even close of being the best, but also not even close of being the worst... Warlocks are somewhere in between...

You should specify what spec are you interested in damage/burst/survivability/etc and if in arena or rated bgs to get more concludent answers, 'cuz Destro is ace in RBGs and shit in arenas (at least at higher ratings).
    I'm talking the best of each situation. In this case best of arena/RBG individually judged.

Warlocks are doing good in pvp right now, they have their flaws but nothing that can't be worked around. All the hype is a little misleading but I would go so far to say that all 3 specs are viable (affliction being the weakest due to dispel protection and lack of survivability, this may have changed a bit with recent hotfixes) and which one you should use greatly depends on your composition / how the people in your teams play.

For instance destros burst is very strong if you're very low on the target list, but destro is very weak if they tunnel you right off the bat.

Demonology is the utility spec of the xpac, which does great when you're being tunneled but has less meaningful dmg output than destros burst. Still respectable dmg though.

Affliction can still put out that constant pressure and does crazy amounts of sustained dmg if left alone, unfortunately you're almost always the focus target due to lack of survivability. Good healers will also dispel your dots on CD because the penalty is not severe enough, though with the recent hotfix to healing that *may* not be the case anymore.

I've played all 3 in both rbgs and arenas and what works again really depends on your team. Imo there is no cut and dry *this spec for this game type* because situations are not so cut and dry within those game types.

From a lot of the BG videos I've watched on youtube it would seem they are in a fine place. If they get focused, you will probably die, but if left alone as aff/destro, you can eat people up. Chaos Bolt is quite powerful for destro, and affliction does a lot of damage with DoTs + MG
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.