Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post My take on the whole "too many dailies" issue

After seeing all the complaining about how there's too many dailies and saying "all MoP is, is doing dailies all the time" and stuff like that, I thought I'd express my opinion on the matter.

Ok, I will respect other people's opinion but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about with the dailies. Back in Cataclysm people were complaining that there was not enough stuff to do at end game, just grinding dungeons and raids. Now MoP comes and adds so much stuff to the game that would keep you busy for a long time such as of course new dungeons and raids, more story driven dailies, challenge modes for dungeons that reward exclusive gear, scenarios, pet battles, and the Brawler's Guild which they just added. Now with all this stuff we have, people now complain that there are too many dailies. That's the part that really confuses me. We get more stuff to do to keep us busy and not be bored doing nothing like back in Cataclysm and yet people still complain. Some people say that there are better ways to keep us playing but what other way is there that won't be similar to the dailies we have? I'm not a game designer yet but I just don't see what would be so much better than what we have now.

Even with the amount of rep you get for each daily I find no problem with. I seen people wanted more rep and to have it so once you get exalted on one guy your automatically exalted with that group on all of your guys, account wide rep. First of all that just wouldn't make sense. I know this is a silly way of looking at it but how would it make sense for one of your characters to be exalted with a group you never did anything with yet? It would be like you joining a club in real life after doing so many things for them and earning their respect and then your brother or friend comes along and they allow him to join the club without doing anything for them, just because they respect you. I know it's just a game but that's how I look at it. Second, if you get exalted with all the groups too fast then you run out of things to do. Then you're bored again which will then lead to complaining: "these dailies are too easy and you gain rep with them too fast". One thing I will agree with though is that there should be other ways to gain rep with a group. Like handing in things from dungeons like how it was back in Burning Crusade or even the simple, "wear a tabard and grind rep" way, like in WotLK and Cata. That much I will agree with.

So, for once I'm actually on Blizzard's side on this whole daily issue, for the most part that is.

Just wanted to get my opinion out there as I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way or at least in a similar way.

All this is for is to express my opinion on it, I don't mean to bring up old issues or anything. To make this thread a little more interesting, What ideas do YOU have that could make this whole issue better?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

My stance basically comes down to the valor gear being hid behind rep grinds. I loved the cataclysm style. I could get slots for my main that I wasn't lucky enough to get in raid. I could try out and gear other classes relatively easily to a point where I could get into pugs on them. It all comes down to play style. I find dailies and questing incredibly boring. I want nothing to do with them. I don't want blizzard to try and restrict me to one toon, when I'm done with raids and capping my main I want to play alts and experience different classes. Gearing my alts is so much more difficult and has come down to purely hoping for drops in LFR which rarely happen.
    Obviously this is just my opinion and how it effects my play style, but it has led to me getting bored of WoW quickly as I don't want to bother with my alts or do dailies. I honestly would drop sub if I wasn't raiding(with friends). I enjoy raiding enough to continue for now, but I find myself almost hoping I get dropped from raid so I can unsub and play something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

The majority has spoken on this issue and Blizzard themselves have acknowledged that some dailies namely the Klaxxis and Golden Lotus dailies were too many and that the Shado Pan fewer quests more rep model is better. So we seem to be more than justified in our "complaining."

People are not complaining that there isn't enough to do (like they did in Cataclysm). They are complaining that what Blizzard has given us "to do" is crap and repetitive and not in the least bit innovative/fun. I can see it now for when info about the next expansion is coming out:

1. What do you feel you could have done different in MoP?
    We have learned that giving players "busy work" is not the best way to keep them entertained with "stuff to do". We will approach this differently next time.

Why not add more NEW features like the pokemon system and farmville? Maybe an in-game angry birds in 3D (probably not going to work), or a racing minigame, or something NEW!!! Not further saturate the world with more and more of the same in a game that if unfortunately starting to feel like more and more of the same?

THAT is what people are complaining about.

Deleted
    Why did this need yet another thread?

Deleted
    I think Cata and Mop are two ends of the scale (easy to gear up - hard to gear up), i hope blizz are trying to learn from this and get somewhere inbetween for the next expac.
    Personaly i dont mind the current setup, but im not a super serious raider and ive only got one 90 and loads of alts which is probably why i dont mind doing dailys.
    Personaly i think too many people are trying to do all the dailys every day and they should just take it much slower. I quite like doing dailys (as i enjoy having a routine) but ive only been doing two factions at a time, plus farming, and i havent got them all to exhalted yet and im still not burnt out and am still enjoying them.
    I think if blizz kept the daily rep gain the same but with just less dailys, 4-5 per faction per day, that may solve some of the issues people have with it. Some more rewards at exhalted need to be added aswell, i dont like the whole thing of just a mount and tabard.

Overall i think a balance still needs to be found for time to rep up, but i prefer mop's way to cata's

What confuses me is why you and everyone else who always says this assumes that the people saying there wasn't enough to do are the same people complaining there are too many dailies. I don't believe there wasn't enough to do last xpac. I do hate dailies and think there are too many. Thus your argument is invalid. Additionally, Blizz themselves have realized there were FAR too many dailies for certain factions. Golden Lotus had like 15 a day. The new factions that are released will have the same amount as the 5.1 reps (roughly 5-6). So clearly they agree with us and not you.

Blizzard say "dailies aeren't mandatory", but that's just it, if you log without doing them all it feels like you've wasted the day, not maxing out your rep, so you feel pigeonholed into doing them, by the time they're all done, you can't be bothered to do heroics or old raids for transmog or stuff like that. Of course, it's super-awesome having so much to do every time you log on, but, like I say, it feels like you've missed out if you don't do them every day. That's my personal view on them, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    My stance basically comes down to the valor gear being hid behind rep grinds. I loved the cataclysm style.
    this is my biggest complaint as well. rep should be a way to get flavor/vanity items. valor gear should not ALL be locked behind a rep gate. I did all the reps on my paladin, I do not want to grind dailies nonstop on my alts.

heres my idea. exalted with a faction unlocks a BOA tabard your alts can use. yes, a tabard like before that gives rep from dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    After seeing all the complaining about how there's too many dailies and saying "all MoP is, is doing dailies all the time" and stuff like that, I thought I'd express my opinion on the matter.

Ok, I will respect other people's opinion but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about with the dailies. Back in Cataclysm people were complaining that there was not enough stuff to do at end game, just grinding dungeons and raids. Now MoP comes and adds so much stuff to the game that would keep you busy for a long time such as of course new dungeons and raids, more story driven dailies, challenge modes for dungeons that reward exclusive gear, scenarios, pet battles, and the Brawler's Guild which they just added. Now with all this stuff we have, people now complain that there are too many dailies. That's the part that really confuses me. We get more stuff to do to keep us busy and not be bored doing nothing like back in Cataclysm and yet people still complain. Some people say that there are better ways to keep us playing but what other way is there that won't be similar to the dailies we have? I'm not a game designer yet but I just don't see what would be so much better than what we have now.

When many people (raiders) asked for more to do, a great deal of them were not asking "Give us more dailies".

Even with the amount of rep you get for each daily I find no problem with. I seen people wanted more rep and to have it so once you get exalted on one guy your automatically exalted with that group on all of your guys, account wide rep. First of all that just wouldn't make sense. I know this is a silly way of looking at it but how would it make sense for one of your characters to be exalted with a group you never did anything with yet? It would be like you joining a club in real life after doing so many things for them and earning their respect and then your brother or friend comes along and they allow him to join the club without doing anything for them, just because they respect you. I know it's just a game but that's how I look at it. Second, if you get exalted with all the groups too fast then you run out of things to do. Then you're bored again which will then lead to complaining: "these dailies are too easy and you gain rep with them too fast". One thing I will agree with though is that there should be other ways to gain rep with a group. Like handing in things from dungeons like how it was back in Burning Crusade or even the simple, "wear a tabard and grind rep" way, like in WotLK and Cata. That much I will agree with.

So, for once I'm actually on Blizzard's side on this whole daily issue, for the most part that is.

Just wanted to get my opinion out there as I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way or at least in a similar way.

All this is for is to express my opinion on it, I don't mean to bring up old issues or anything. To make this thread a little more interesting, What ideas do YOU have that could make this whole issue better?
    When many people (raiders) asked for more to do, a great deal of them were not asking "Give us more dailies".

Many people hate repetitive dailies

Many people are OK with things taking a long time, they just dont want that time to be done doing dailies - I'm actually enjoying grinding the insane more.

Dailies themselves are the core issue, they're not for everyone.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    Blizzard say "dailies aeren't mandatory", but that's just it, if you log without doing them all it feels like you've wasted the day, not maxing out your rep, so you feel pigeonholed into doing them, by the time they're all done, you can't be bothered to do heroics or old raids for transmog or stuff like that.
    Seems like the entirety of the problem is at the user end. No surprise there. You prioritize dailies over everything else because you feel rep is more important than other things you want (heroics for gear and old content for transmog). That's your own psychology, not the game. You can skip a day of dailies, or a week. You won't "fall behind" because there is no competition to lose out to. Go on, try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Seems like the entirety of the problem is at the user end. No surprise there. You prioritize dailies over everything else because you feel rep is more important than other things you want (heroics for gear and old content for transmog). That's your own psychology, not the game. You can skip a day of dailies, or a week. You won't "fall behind" because there is no competition to lose out to. Go on, try it.

I don't think it's that. I feel like it's a waste of the time if I haven't done them. I don't think I'm making much sense!

Back in Cataclysm people were complaining that there was not enough stuff to do at end game, just grinding dungeons and raids.
    People complained about not having stuff to do because they skipped dailies. They didn't want to do dailies. It's colossally stupid game design to put in MORE of the type of content that people don't want to do, then leverage so many rewards behind it to force people who don't want to do it, to do it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with dailies was a disconnect between raiders and Blizzard.

Blizzard: Let's put in a bunch of dailies, give them good rewards, and require Golden Lotus rep in order to stagger when players start the other factions.

Raiders: Alright start farming those dailies. I want you to do every GL daily every day, then every daily of the other factions every day. You need that epic gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If I could work on August Celestial and/or Shado Pan reps without first having to get Golden Lotus to revered before I can even do a single daily for AC/SP I wouldnt have minded so much.

If I was able to work on the reps I want, when I want that would would have been fine, but as it stands I have no choice but to grind out a large chunk of dailies with golden lotus.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Many people hate repetitive dailies

Many people are OK with things taking a long time, they just dont want that time to be done doing dailies - I'm actually enjoying grinding the insane more.

Dailies themselves are the core issue, they're not for everyone.
    The problem with that is how do you make something take awhile without making it a grind? Answer is, you can't. I believe if they did more dailies like the Dominance Offensive (just hit exalted with them) and have the story unfold as you do the dailies it makes it more interesting. As I found myself making sure I did these every day to experience the story (unlike the other days).

People have to stop and ask themselves how do they want to get rep with factions? Do dailies or grind mobs all day. If they ever implemented a tabard feature or a way to grind mobs I really hope they make it so you can only get 1 rep per mob (unaffected by any rep boost at all such as racial, banners, tokens, etc.) Because you know if they make mobs give rep everyone will just take the easy route of doing it while they do their daily dungeons.

What ideas do YOU have that could make this whole issue better?
    Not starting new threads that could easily just be a part of one of the multitude of other threads on the same subject. Of course then people wouldn't feel that their input is more important than others.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    That's the part that really confuses me. We get more stuff to do to keep us busy and not be bored doing nothing like back in Cataclysm and yet people still complain.
    It's simple though : daily quests sucks so much it's even better to just have nothing to do.
    So in some aspects MoP is even worse than Cata.

Blizzard tries whatever it can to hide the truth.
    But it's obvious they're not putting the same effort in WoW as they used to and are consequently stringing content as much as they can.

People will bitch about anything these days.

"Wahh, there's too many of these quests that give me Valor Points and a sizeable chunk of gold to complete."

Boo hoo. The fact that you even get Valor Points from them at all is commendable and just a nice gesture on Blizzard's point to be honest. The person that first complained about this on the Blizzard forums was complaining that the "rep grind was just too much for him" and that he had "10 level 90s" in the same breath. I'm not sure if that guy was the best troll ever or just inadvertently trying to reveal how silly his argument was, but he definitely succeeded on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    People will bitch about anything these days.

"Wahh, there's too many of these quests that give me Valor Points and a sizeable chunk of gold to complete."

Boo hoo. The fact that you even get Valor Points from them at all is commendable and just a nice gesture on Blizzard's point to be honest. The person that first complained about this on the Blizzard forums was complaining that the "rep grind was just too much for him" and that he had "10 level 90s" in the same breath. I'm not sure if that guy was the best troll ever or just inadvertently trying to reveal how silly his argument was, but he definitely succeeded on the latter.
    Yes, the fact you get valor IS nice. The problem? Clearing 16/16 normal or heroic only gets 640 valor out of the 1000 cap. Valor is supposed to be from raiding. You can clear all three instances and you're only a bit above halfway. That's a big problem. So now raiders have to do LFR, dailies, heroics or scenarios because they can't cap otherwise.